Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:20:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Is anyone gaming in Inkworld?  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
Is anyone gaming in Inkworld?
« on: August 10, 2011, 10:30:07 PM »
I've been considering putting together a project losely inspired by Cornelia Funke's Inkworld trilogy - Inkheart, Inkspell and Inkdeath - and I was wondering if anyone had done such a thing. If so, which minis are you using? Which rules? If you have a fondness for Dustfinger and the Motley Folk, or Capricorn's Fire-raisers, even the Adderhead and his soldiers, please, spill the beans and tell all...

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
Re: Is anyone gaming in Inkworld?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 11:10:30 PM »
Sorry to say I have only seen the film  :'(

Are the books worth reading?

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 12:27:16 AM »

Yeah I like them. I don't really remember the film that well to be honest. There were a few things in it I thought were OK but generally I just thought 'nooo! They could have done that better...'

The books following Inkheart take the characters into the world that Dustfinger and the rest come from, a sort of medievalish forested country where two princely realms (Lombrica and Argenta) are at war. It's a society without gunpowder, where men-at-arms, and a few vaguely knightish types, wage war primarily with swords, daggers and crossbows. There are also the 'Motley Folk' - travelling entertainers - and the Fire-raisers (bandits who attack poorly-defended farmsteads when not working for the 'baddie' prince), as well as a plethora of fairies and 'Brownies', sort of like shaggy Hobbits, and also giants.

It has a vaguely Italian feel to it, as Fenoglio (who is the author of the original book) is supposed to come from the area around Genoa I think, and the idea is that he bases the castles and towns of his fantasy world on Liguria.

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 01:46:50 AM »
I am still trying to work My way through the books they start off very Slow.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.