Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:56:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: One day it was ... THE MIDDLE AGES!  (Read 8941 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
One day it was ... THE MIDDLE AGES!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 09:41:55 PM »
Quote from: "hammershield"
The large circular keep is Ebob, no? A very pretty piece in a very, very well composed table.

Ah yes, Ebob - of course. Thank you Hammershield. Knew I'd seen it somewhere... Also the thatched cottage beside the keep I think...

Yep. Might have to add those to my collection.  :mrgreen:

Offline theoldschool

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 09:49:43 PM »
Damn you Admiral, now I'm off to burn more plastic on Perry figures for Stephen and Matilda. Superb work, truly inspirational  :love:  :love:
Pat

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 12:16:19 AM »
Quote from: "Captain Blood"
Quote from: "hammershield"
The large circular keep is Ebob, no? A very pretty piece in a very, very well composed table.

Ah yes, Ebob - of course. Thank you Hammershield. Knew I'd seen it somewhere... Also the thatched cottage beside the keep I think...

Yep. Might have to add those to my collection.  :mrgreen:

Many thanks to everybody for all the nice words - after so much work you need to get some feedback like this!  :lol:  :lol:

On to some explanations on the buildings. I didn`t know you can get the tower from Ebob now, but at the Crisis show I learned that TM Terrain also sold it among other buildings from the original range, which is: Hudson & Allen Studios from the states. The Isenburg tower, the farm beneath it and the large farm complex all started as Hudson & Allen Studio buildings. These are polyurethane foam moulded buildings and the best you can get detailwise. You must see in person what the designer Ken Osen sculpted into these buildings - unbelievable! And an ache to paint.  :cry:  :love:

Some more infos here:

http://www.michtoy.com/MTSCnewSite/scenic_diorama_folder/Hudson_Allen_folder/Hudson_Allen_buldings.html

The village itself was entirely scratchbuild by one of our club members, Dietmar, who seldom attends our meetings; but when he appears occasionally, he uses to bring some larger boxes telling us quite relaxed: "I've build some things lately, what do you think?" We only used a small part of his medieval / fantasy building collection for the game, and those are really scratchbuilt the traditional way: only cereal boxes, wooden coffee sticks and other true garbage pieces will be used for his houses.

The two smaller farms at the outer perimeter of the table were build by myself again, one from scratch, the other using parts from the "The Drum" range of resin pieces, no longer available as far as I know.

Any more questions, just let me know.

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
    • Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 02:38:50 PM »
who makes the friar tuck with the staff across his shoulders (pic 4) - it's just the thing i'm looking for for my Robin Hood games...
Phil Smith
Head of Osprey Games

Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff

OWG Resources HERE!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 08:46:45 AM »
Fantastic table, really, really well put togther. Very inspirational stuff. :D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 05:07:06 PM »
Quote from: "Smith"
who makes the friar tuck with the staff across his shoulders (pic 4) - it's just the thing i'm looking for for my Robin Hood games...

Sorry for being late! I can't remember really, I think it's from Rafm. Don't know if it's still available.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 09:44:07 PM »
:love:  :o

Absolutely stunning! You deserve the award. Makes me want to dust off my medievals and buy some more. Dammit!