Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:43:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690808
  • Total Topics: 118351
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 70's cops and robbers  (Read 15405 times)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 11:14:46 PM »
Because of my vanity I intend to include myself as I appeared in the 1970's.As well as the sculptor Martin Baker if he lets me, and Jeff Bevan from Outpost who has been my partner in setting up this range.

Jeff is a good lad, not only is he a Geordie (like myslef) but he is very friendly and helpful an ambassador for the hobby :)

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
    • https://killerbgames.co.uk/
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 11:14:53 PM »
Yep. I quite fancy an alsation in attack mode. The handler will just be in an ordinary uniform. I should really think about rules for dogs too. :?
"Morning!"

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 11:45:19 PM »
Quote from: "Captain Gamma"
Yep. I quite fancy an alsation in attack mode. The handler will just be in an ordinary uniform. I should really think about rules for dogs too. :?

And Pussies

Offline celtoslegion

• Assistant
    • http://www.celtoslegion.de
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2007, 07:27:17 AM »

German cops would be prudent for the era. Though could British cops be simply re-painted in the green of the German Police?

The green uniform was introduced in the 80's. Before that the police uniforms were blue.

Here's a pic from a single record cover of 1978

The policeman in the middle is actually my father - His precinct was giving "assistance" to the singer who was a local celebrity at that time.
It's a nice show of 70's cars and hairstyle :)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2007, 08:02:30 AM »
Quote from: "hammershield"
I've got to ask... How many of you have heard of the Stockholm Syndrome? And Patty Hearst and the Symbionese Liberation Army?

These miniatures reminds me of my early childhood and those incidents.

Takes a German to show off teutonically efficient "Allgemeinbildung"... ;)

Ah yes, the Hearst kid and her terrorist buddies. BTW, ever thought that "Symbionese Liberation Army" had to be the most "Seventies" name ever chosen for or by a terrorist group?!?

Being of 1979 vintage, the first and second generations of the RAF (pronounced like "rough" rather than R-A-F to distinguish it form the Brits´ aircraftey military guys) somehow where before my time. However, I have distinct recollections of the last waves in the second half of the 1980s and early 1990s - although my parents were more concerned about the Chernobyl fallout back in the first half than the terrorists.

Back2topic: I´d like to see some decent German cops, but would have to be  honest - in all probability, I wouldn´t buy some unless maybe a pack out of curiosity. My urban guerilla stuff is all near future, not near past.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007, 08:54:50 AM »
Quote from: "celtoslegion"

The policeman in the middle is actually my father - His precinct was giving "assistance" to the singer who was a local celebrity at that time.
It's a nice show of 70's cars and hairstyle :)

There is something with broad sideburns and long neck hair that just doesn't go with steep fronted police caps. :-)

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 10:04:32 AM »
yeah i know what you mean!

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 10:14:52 AM »
That's a great picture, I love the cowboy caveman in the car. :lol:

The picture of the two German cops is great, thanks very much for that Celtos legion.

Would those officers have had tunics underneath their coats? And were their guns kept on a belt with holster or special pocket? Also, do you have any idea what gun they carried? Ad if they used heavier weapons like a shotgun?

The picture is a great claim to fame for your dad, my own Dad's claim to fame was that he was an extra in the 80's TV show, Robin of Sherwood. :lol:

Offline celtoslegion

• Assistant
    • http://www.celtoslegion.de
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2007, 02:14:12 PM »
@Captain Gamma: I'm not sure, but I'll ask my dad. AFAIK they used a Sig-Saur as a sidearm and a H&K Sub-machine gun (at least this is what they use today in a normal patrol car). They don't use shotguns.

PM me if you are interested in further details - I'll have a look at what other 70's police relicts I can dig up at my parent's attic or cellar. (IIRC there might even be a riot suit with helmet involved.)

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2007, 06:15:31 PM »
Celtos Legion that would be greatly appreciated.

My thinking is that my overseas customers should be able to game 1970s cops and robbers as they remember it from their childhood TV shows and not just British and American TV.

As I understand it there was a quite violent cop show on German Tv in the 70's and it was cancelled due to its violence. I don't know what it was called.

I don't expect British customers to buy many packs of German,Italian and maybe Spanish cops but I want to at least give my European customers (Mainly German.) a choice.

Now,there's a thought........what about my Canadian customers? :?

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2007, 09:19:16 PM »
Celtos Legion that would be greatly appreciated.

My thinking is that my overseas customers should be able to game 1970s cops and robbers as they remember it from their childhood TV shows and not just British and American TV.

As I understand it there was a quite violent cop show on German Tv in the 70's and it was cancelled due to its violence. I don't know what it was called.

I don't expect British customers to buy many packs of German,Italian and maybe Spanish cops but I want to at least give my European customers (Mainly German.) a choice.

Now,there's a thought........what about my Canadian customers? :?

Mate,

Love my little acquistions, just one thing...weapons are a little small, maybe for the next lot you could bulk em up a wee bit.

Cool as though, cheers

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2007, 10:19:14 PM »
The weapons used are the small revolvers used at the time. You no like????!!!!!! :x

You want me to tell my sculptor that he worked his little hands to the bone by candlelight and without food for nothing?! :x

You don't like his guns?!   :x

You want me to break his little heart because you want big guns? :x

I'm now going to have to calm him down! The plate in his head is acting up and I've been having to sedate him. Now you want me to wake him up and break his heart? :x  :x  :x

Its just a good thing you didn't complain about his kipper ties. :lol:

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2007, 10:44:06 PM »
The weapons used are the small revolvers used at the time. You no like????!!!!!! :x

You want me to tell my sculptor that he worked his little hands to the bone by candlelight and without food for nothing?! :x

You don't like his guns?!   :x

You want me to break his little heart because you want big guns? :x

I'm now going to have to calm him down! The plate in his head is acting up and I've been having to sedate him. Now you want me to wake him up and break his heart? :x  :x  :x

Its just a good thing you didn't complain about his kipper ties. :lol:

I like the "correct size guns". Of course, you´ll have to get Crouchie to sculpt some Riot Control Vehicles (Saladins and Pigs, preferably) to make up for the teeny weeny personal armaments. :lol:

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2007, 10:51:24 PM »
I like the "correct size guns". Of course, you´ll have to get Crouchie to sculpt some Riot Control Vehicles (Saladins and Pigs, preferably) to make up for the teeny weeny personal armaments. :lol:[/quote]

Sloppy Jalopy already produce a Humber Pig I have one and a nice model it is too :)

http://www.sloppyjalopy.com/

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
70's cops and robbers
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2007, 11:00:39 PM »
I thought the kipper ties were great.
The guns are in scale.
If you want bigger guns buy space-wombles.

We could probably do with someone looking inconspicuous in a plain-clothes tank top.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)