Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:16:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Devil's Wind ~ an update  (Read 8315 times)

Offline speedbrush

• Assistant
Re: The Devil's Wind ~ an update
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 03:57:48 PM »
They are mine,mine mineeee.
Sorry been awaiting these for a while and they arrived today :)

First game set for Friday

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »
They are mine,mine mineeee.
Sorry been awaiting these for a while and they arrived today :)

First game set for Friday

"Keep Calm and Curry On!"  :D
Hope you enjoy the game! Let us know how it goes, preferably with heaps of pictures too.
David
"There is no point in being stupid unless you show it!"

http://talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline mdomino

• Librarian
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2011, 03:00:38 PM »
Hi. Had a quick read through of the rules. Great looking set.
1. Any rules for wheeling, facing change, or incline movement? Essentially, how do I move the troops?
2. Why are mounted troops harder to hit when regular troops fire at them? I might be reading that chart wrong.
Sorry if I have missed the blatant answers in the rules. Thanks.
Mike D

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2011, 07:43:19 PM »
Hi. Had a quick read through of the rules. Great looking set.
1. Any rules for wheeling, facing change, or incline movement? Essentially, how do I move the troops?
2. Why are mounted troops harder to hit when regular troops fire at them? I might be reading that chart wrong.
Sorry if I have missed the blatant answers in the rules. Thanks.
Mike D

1. Wheeling and inclining are by the usual wargaming convention, wheeling - the unit pivots on one point whilst moving along its outside edge up to its movement allowance. Inclining - half its movement allowance forward and the other half to its right or left. Changing face half a move, so it would take one move to face the rear.

2. I think you are reading the chart wrong there, the to hit score is required by the firing unit or are you reffering to saving throws?

Hope this helps, no doubt Dave will correct me if I'm wrong when he returns from the wild north.

Offline mdomino

• Librarian
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2011, 05:09:35 AM »
Thanks Phil.
Page 18, the firing table. Regular infantry at the top of the table, basic score to hit is 3. Next column over, target is in hard cover, barricades, or is mounted to hit is 5. I think I'm reading this right? Regular infantry shooting at cavalry needs a 5? If this is the case, I'm just curious about the thought process behind that decision. Can't wait to get a trial game in, although I will have to sub some troops.
Mike D

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 07:55:32 AM »
With cavalry you have to kill horse and rider....

Dave is away until the end of the week for his thoughts ( Claymore and foundry excursion)..  :D
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 08:29:50 AM »
Regular infantry shooting at cavalry needs a 5? If this is the case, I'm just curious about the thought process behind that decision. Can't wait to get a trial game in, although I will have to sub some troops.
Mike D
Consider the relative size of target of horse v rider; consider the likelihood of killing/maiming a horse with one  shot; consider the relative speed of cavalry as opposed to foot ~ ergo, hitting and stopping a mounted man harder than a man on foot. Also lots more equipment to stop bullet. That's my take on it anyway.

As an aside, as ever with any rules, if you don't agree with it, then change it. I promise I won't sulk... ;)
David
PS I'd rather deal with these enquiries by email in future if people don't mind.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2011, 09:08:59 PM »
Couldn't get to Claymore, so we picked up our copy today at Britcon.

They look splendid, but could we just make one request?
Can we obtain a loose playsheet (or 2)?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2011, 08:46:08 AM »
Couldn't get to Claymore, so we picked up our copy today at Britcon.

They look splendid, but could we just make one request?
Can we obtain a loose playsheet (or 2)?
I photocopy mine using the computer and laminate them, so I suggest you do the same really, there is no seperate file I can send anyone. Sorry.
David

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2011, 03:02:43 PM »
The charts in PDF for free download would be nice (even Foundry do that!). All I have to do is send it to my printer and the print and laminate them which is handy.
All The Best
Scott Dallimore
Kent-Essex Gaming Society
http://kent-essexgaming.ca/

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2011, 08:55:25 PM »
The charts in PDF for free download would be nice (even Foundry do that!). All I have to do is send it to my printer and the print and laminate them which is handy.
Not wishing to be controversial, but Foundry are a business with a commercial website.

I'm just an individual writing and publishing rules I enjoy playing with in the hope that others might too. My printer, who I used to teach, does the difficult stuff from my layout. With a Freewebs website I would n't even know where to start with a pdf file on that.

At 61, I'm sorry to say, when it comes to computers, its 'old dog - new tricks' . :'( Irealise others who are a whiz with this new fangled technology could dash it off in a minute. Perhaps some kind soul will come to your rescue...
David

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2011, 06:02:56 AM »
Ah no worries. Well maybe someone with Adobe would make the playsheets up into a PDF file? I only have the free Adobe and you cant create docs on it I'm afraid. Otherwise I'd be happy to help you out.

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2011, 07:50:17 AM »
Just ordered my copy from Dave at Caliver - can't wait to see these rules!