Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:04:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690822
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hello everyone, Uniqe unit idea any input welcomed ;)!  (Read 4463 times)

Offline underfire987

• Bookworm
Re: Hello everyone, Uniqe unit idea any input welcomed ;)!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 09:09:02 PM »
I think it's a good idea, had similar thoughts of doing a Solomon Kane type character fighting demons type creatures, every thing is in the rule book in the weapon to cover it my be with a slight tweak here and there and rules for the demons.

what type of tweaks are you doing? if i may ask :P

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 10:04:57 PM »

Very interesting stuff i remeber earlyer before i became a member i saw your scarecrow and boogyman stats and BP points on here as well, have you sorted out the point system too some point since this link was posted?

also every sunday i go too the gamingclub and mike himself is their so i have the opprotunity too show and get the input of him and another maker of the game as well :D! lucky me XD!

Nope - UM suggested I post the stats in the forum, but I never had any hint of what BP I should use for it from him, so you are very lucky to be able to get feed back in person!!!  8)

Offline underfire987

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 09:48:58 PM »
M              DEX            CON             A             W               RES
     5              5+                6              2              1                 4+

Weapon: Claws , Teeth ( ?)

Skills:

Special:Humanoid, Hideous

BP:4+

Okay everyone they are getting near too be done , i did some playtesting with random ideas of either them with the claws and teeth equal too that of a fishmans stats, or with an option of close combat weapon choices. Please let me know what you all think they should be given for a weapon, should they be using just their claws and teeth or should i give the option for them too carry weapons? and if so  just common weapons or all of em (add BP of course too which weapon u equip em with :P) what do u all think?

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 09:57:03 PM »
Give them the option for using a weapon - what I did with mine was look at what figures I could actually buy and then build the stats around that - thus if one beastman has a bow or a sword yo can include that in the weapon options as an additional purchase.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 03:49:08 PM »
Give them the option for using a weapon -

I think, Human and Humanoid cretures can be given weapons - the weapons listed in the profile are just the ones included in the basic BP for the model.

Ghouls with meat cleavers, for instance...
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 04:13:57 PM »
I think, Human and Humanoid cretures can be given weapons - the weapons listed in the profile are just the ones included in the basic BP for the model.

Ghouls with meat cleavers, for instance...

Correct.  Humans, Humanoids and Undead may all be outfitted with weapons and equipment as desired - no need to explicitly permit individual Lurker profiles to do so.

While we haven't done so yet, a profile that has specific upgrade options, such as weapons that would be unique to that profile, will appear in a similar fashion to the Serpentman Demagogue or Swarm Queen option.

Offline underfire987

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 11:43:38 PM »
After showing "Uncle Mike" the stats and doing abit of reworking this is what i got so far and i am going too begin too play test it with the solo rules too see the strengths and weaknesses of these guys :D!

Kiyaturo - Hybrids

M              DEX            CON             A             W               RES       SKILLS
     5              5+               6              2              1                 5+      Throw

Weapon: (starts with Club) can choose too upgrade too either, Battle Axe (BP:+3), 2 Handed sword (BP: +3), Meat Cleaver ( BP: +1) or Sword (BP: 2+)

Special:Humanoid, Hideous

BP:5+
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:37:21 PM by underfire987 »