Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:46:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Stalker Project (Pic Hvy) The Board so far 07/02/12, page 8  (Read 39024 times)

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
I've had these figures for a while and I seem to take even longer painting now (deteriating eyesight and rheumatism). Speaking to Paul I have somehow been roped into running these figures in a game at Matakishi's Tea Party. I only hope to be playtesting the basic game system, It will be the first time I have used the rules (hope they work :D). I only need to paint up about 20-30 more of the figures below to be able to run. Also need to write up the rules and print out and laminate all the playsheets and various cards. Fortunately I bought Silent Invaders brilliant Zombie scenery a while ago which I will be using until I eventually finish mine.
As I have at long last finished the Russians tonight (Promised Paul they would be up on this forum yesterday or tonight, hence the late post) I thought I would post up detail and plans.
The game is of a skirmish level, geared towards multiplayer campaigns a'la Necromunda, with your gangs improving. The object of the game as well as killing each other is to collect artifacts, characters, plot points etc. all improving your gang overtime.
Sorry some of the photo's of unpainted stuff are a bit blurry.

Background
After a second explosion at Chernobyl rumoured by some of the older more crazed Stalkers to be extraterrestial in origin, the area affected was cordoned off with fences and in some places walls, with the inhabitants trapped inside.
After a few years adventerous individuals started exploring "The Zone" (as the area became known) and came back with strange artifacts, sources of sustainable energy, and other advanced technology. They also reported areas in the Zone where some of our scientific laws were non existant.
As demand for these objects increased, boomtowns sprung up around the edge of the Zone filled with adventurers, Stalkers, Tourists, Army deserters and the dregs of society all Policed by the newly assigned UN Forces.

Factions

Russian Army Warlords
The many troops left trapped inside the Zone were fortunate in that they had access to fallout shelters, so came through the explosion virtually unscathed, upon returning to the surface and finding themselves trapped within the Zone, many of the soldiers formed into independent groups led by a Warlord, who attempts to govern their small fiefs and expand their area of influence both aggresively and trading in artifacts.
Now to show off my completed figures. These can also be used as regular troops for the KGB.

Their transport, initially will be used as a base point for you to return your artifacts etc. that you are collecting until I expand the rules with vehicle options.
This is a Ki-Tech kit from Ebay for only £10.00 far cheaper than all the resin alternatives, I had to make a false panel to cover the location hole for missile launcher. Still need to tidy up stowage and paint details (lights, periscopes etc.) as well as weathering.

Have this to build to add to forces at later stage.

might possibly add some of the Chechen Russians from Bungle.

Stalkers
The explorers, guides and traders in wondrous things, having spent years exploring the zone stalkers are very aware of it's environment and the associated dangers. These guys often work in small gangs working for a particular crime lord or a fence, other's hire there services out independently to UN, KGB or as guides for Tourists and big game hunters looking to kill a few zombies or mutants.

Will be getting this when released for their vehicles

UN forces
Assigned to guard the perimeter of the Zone and to try to stop the trade in artifacts, as well as being quite happy to destroy the artifacts some have also found a little sideline in their illegal trade. These are the best armoured and most technically advanced force in the game (until maybe I introduce Aliens 8))

Their vehicles, may still change the Hummer for a Tamiya version to keep all vehicles 1/48th, even though this Imprint model is a beautiful piece.

KGB
The Russian Government are unhappy about the loss of power to the UN and the KGB are assigned to collect artifacts, and to do what they can to undermine the UN, able to hire Stalkers or Russian Army

Plan to get a couple of Antenociti Zebu Cruisers painted black for their transport.

Zone inhabitants
These will attack the players activated by event cards. I might also try another little game with these guys being the starting characters as you learn to become a Stalker.

Zombies/mutants
Again activated by cards, will use initially as basic zombies, but will later add some specialities. Thinking of trying out a rule, "Zombie Truce", because of the fear of infection, all models in line of site of zombies or combatants engaging zombies, can only move toward and attack zombies, until all zombies in this combat are dead, then they can go back to killing each other or exploring.

Characters and Tokens
Will use these as either characters or tokens as the need arises

Scenery and set dressing
I have already painted these (the two bins and sofa made by Silent invader, painted by me)

close up of rural shack

to paint.

awaiting delivery for 3 of these

1 of these

would like to get 1 each of

All buildings will need interiors to explore, provided by bits from Frontline, Ainsty Pardulon and Verlinden
Would also like some buildings/shacks from Pardulon and Ainsty.

The LAM figures are absolutely superb, and I must acknowledge the caster/mouldmakers as the undercuts on some of these figures has to be seen to be believed, truly incredible. My favourite figures by far and easy to paint although a lot of detail.
Well target is set, I need playable forces by 2nd October so will hopefully update regularly.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:05:06 PM by elysium64 »

Offline luidinuovo

• Scientist
Re: My Stalker Project (Picture Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 03:02:19 AM »
Great Job,wait for more pics.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 03:12:21 AM »
Oh wow! I cant wait to see this project when it is done. Keep up the good work
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Nimrod

• Scientist
    • Слишком много ножей
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 07:18:30 AM »
Excellent collection of miniatures.
And speaking about terrain and scenery.
Precision Model Designs makes some interesting buildings and ruins which are very stalker-like in appearance.
http://www.battlemart.com/store/index.php?page=0&_a=viewCat&catId=21

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 07:46:25 AM »
First of October Simon, not second :)
Good work so far, I'm really looking forward to seeing everything on the day.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 08:46:36 AM »
Excellent stuff! I'm quite looking forward to seeing your Hind assembled - had a blast building and painting mine, and being a 1980s kit, it may not be accurate as a scale model, but looks so good as a gaming piece.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 10:26:34 AM »
 :-*

The Russian Warlords look fantastic!

The Prof. would be proud!  :)

Offline elysium64

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 10:38:30 AM »
Thanks for the comments.
Hopefully here are some better pictures taken of the Warlords.

Next up will be some Stalkars and Characters/ tokens I will need at least 5 of each of Army, UN, Stalkers and KGB  all the tokens and characters, and some inhabitants / zombies and the dead stalkers (which I still  need to purchase).

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 01:21:46 PM »
I think this is my favourite thread on this forum. The story behind it is amazing. The miniatures and terrain are superb. Excellent work to you sir!

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 03:47:29 PM »
WOW :o I'm absolutely in awe, really, gorgeous painting on the Russians, great terrain and vehiclest! That made my day, thank you :)

Now can't wait for the rest of the guys!

The Prof. would be proud!  :)

yes, I am, definitely :) Would love to post them to our LAM Gallery if you don't mind?

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 08:24:44 PM »
A most excellent and noble undertaking. I am awed and inspired. Thank you.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 10:09:10 PM »
WOW :o I'm absolutely in awe, really, gorgeous painting on the Russians, great terrain and vehiclest! That made my day, thank you :)

Told ya.   ;)

Offline elysium64

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 10:19:22 PM »

yes, I am, definitely :) Would love to post them to our LAM Gallery if you don't mind?
Thanks for comments
and yes Please feel free to use any of the pictures posted here for your gallery.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 11:40:28 PM »
Great back story, even better figures and terrain. Love the Lead Adventure minis, have  large number painted. ( I know need to post pictures). So  much stuff to  paint and show. Look forward to seeing and reading more.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline elysium64

• Mastermind
Re: My Stalker Project (Picture Heavy) new photo's added 21/08/11
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 11:09:29 AM »
A small update:
I have finished the BTR-70

and painted up a couple of Stalkers

I have the next two days off and am now painting all the zombies, hopefully pics up by Tuesday.
Hope you enjoy.