Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:26:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: How is Pike and Shot and Zombies?  (Read 40345 times)

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
Re: How is Pike and Shot and Zombies?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 04:04:24 PM »
For ages my group have been playing skirmish games featuring zombies attacking small villages and isolated farmsteads in the Old World (using a mix of Mordheim/WFRP1/WFB2nd rules). And it´s very FUN!  :)
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 04:14:30 PM »
Where are you supposed to find Pike and Shotte zombies is the problem.   Would be better if the system had a supporting figure range. I guess you could just use the GW Fantasy zombies?

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 09:31:27 AM »
They seem to use the Mantic zombies in the sample pages. I suppose you can argue that "rags" are not timespecific.

I've been thinking for some time to knock up some conversions from Warlord Games ECW plastics and Mantic zombies and ghouls for my "3 musketeers meet solomon kane meets brotherhood of the wolf"-project.

Offline Fury

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 11:27:15 AM »
I'm planning to run a Savage Worlds campaign set in the Thirty Years' War. There will certainly be zombies!

I have pike and shot miniatures from Warlord, so I'd be interested to know if Mantic zombie heads and other bits would fit. The heads on the Warlord plastics are fairly small.
"We are the Queen's shield. We are the nation's shield."
—Sir Nicholas Fury, 1602

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 11:29:33 AM »
I've been thinking for some time to knock up some conversions from Warlord Games ECW plastics and Mantic zombies and ghouls for my "3 musketeers meet solomon kane meets brotherhood of the wolf"-project.

Ohh! Now that sounds fun  ;)
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline midismirnoff

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 11:59:40 AM »
Inspiring Victorian Zombies conversion, basically some generic z close to some "age specific" civilian does the trick.

http://www.displacedminiatures.com/redzed/image/3015/32050/

Z is the man, of course.
Instagram profile: the_mediocre_wargamer

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 12:34:21 PM »
I have pike and shot miniatures from Warlord, so I'd be interested to know if Mantic zombie heads and other bits would fit. The heads on the Warlord plastics are fairly small.

The warlord heads are smaller,but the difference isn't too shocking and the zombie heads and arms should fit well enough. The separate Warlord hats will look good on the mantic heads with some slight trimming.

Offline Fury

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 12:44:39 PM »
The warlord heads are smaller,but the difference isn't too shocking and the zombie heads and arms should fit well enough. The separate Warlord hats will look good on the mantic heads with some slight trimming.
That sounds promising. I'll have to order a pack of Mantic zombies and give it a try.

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 05:12:44 AM »
Sooooo.... 
Nobody ever play these rules??
Is that the feedback I am getting?

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 12:14:33 PM »
Never heard of it before, but it certainly has me intrigued. I think any fantasy zeds and ghouls could be used, as long as they are not made for a specific later period. Risen dead can come from old graves, too  ;) Perfect for Mordheim-style terrain, too...

Mantic's are fine (both zeds and ghouls), as they come without any time-specific equipment, but combine GW zombies with the Empire Mercenaries set, add bits and bobs from Warlord period models, and Bob's your uncle.

I am tempted, but I really don't need more projects right now...  ;D

After Christmas could be a realistic estimate on, when I would have time for a new ruleset - but if I know myself properly, if the idea catches on, I'll be there WAY before that.... butterfly mind, and all....  lol
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 12:50:13 PM »
Same here. I will probably be tempted to get a copy of the rules (I don't like pdf's generally but now that we got a colour printer at work, it might be more interesting).

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 02:22:45 PM »
Own. Read but haven't played cause I ain't gots no zombies. The rules cover just about everything you can think of. The random character generator is pretty fun. Some of the mechanics are similar to their other games: Father Tilly, etc. but this is, of course, a much smaller scale. Looking forward to playing. Have to do some conversions first.
-J

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 02:33:45 PM »
Own. Read but haven't played cause I ain't gots no zombies. The rules cover just about everything you can think of. The random character generator is pretty fun. Some of the mechanics are similar to their other games: Father Tilly, etc. but this is, of course, a much smaller scale. Looking forward to playing. Have to do some conversions first.
-J

Going to Recruits? Do bring and let us (Gauntlet) have a look?  :D

Doug

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 02:44:32 PM »
-J
Could you give a bit of a description of the game mechanics? What size forces are we talking about, the blurb mentions a umpire, does that mean it needs 3 players or does the umpire control the zombies? Or is this game intended for a group of players each with a single character to take on the umpire's zombies?
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)