Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:44:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Eureka 28mm randomness August  (Read 4905 times)

Offline cdm

• Scientist
Eureka 28mm randomness August
« on: August 22, 2011, 11:49:04 AM »
The latest shipment came through today, I'll have to photograph it in bits and pieces as I go due to life. The partial first run of pics was mildly successful, so I'll up those until I get better light and working conditions on the weekend. The missing ones will get filled in during the week sometime.

I'll start with the historicals then wander off into randomness figures.

French infantry characters - variants of the regular marching infantry with some accessories and characture

French Civilians - initial impressions are they are quite thin, and probably some famous people I should know if I followed the French. They compare height wise to the rest of the range. They'll paint fine, but the thinness may be slightly too much for 'artistic' values.

French Artillery Caisson - fairly robust and simple model even I knew where the parts went. Need a better angled photo for depth

Limber and 12lber They actually come separately but I stuck them together to check fit. The cannon also comes with a fair amount of crew equipment parts to be photod later, along with a better angled shot.

Wurst Wagon The pillion riders facing each direction are both the same piece, in this case in hussar outfit. Don't panic over the heads, they're not politicians at all. The horse cavalry use the same helmet variation as the recent AWI cavalry, in that the head hear are separate. I'm not fussed on this method personally, but I don't make miniatures and they do assemble ok. Head wear variations are tarleton style helm, dragoon style helm, mirliton

Limber horses charging 6 horses, 3 suitable for riders, 3 not. The riders are the same for the charging and casual set.

Limber horses casual

Horse Artillery crew in hussar jacket (5) - separate headgear

Horse artillery crew in chasseur jacket (5) Pic to be added - separate headgear

Horse artillery crew in chasseur jacket mounted (4) Officer, trumpeter, 2 crew - separate headgear

Horse artillery crew in hussar jacket mounted (4) Officer, trumpeter, 2 crew   separate headgear

Horse artillery crew in hussar jacket running beside limber (2) - separate headgear

Napoleonic Austrian German Officers advancing (2)

Napoleonic Austrian Hungarian Officers advancing (2)

1980's US in MOPP Suit and helmets (12) Same figures as last release but with helmet as well as the suit. One figure was missing last time, shown this time - the grenade launcher.

Seal Team 6 (6+dog)
Already shown on Eureka's site, so no pics from me unless someone wants to see bare metal for some reason

Bengali Sepoys marching (7) Officer, drummer, standard, 4 infantry

Mysorean Sepoys marching (7) Officer, drummer, standard, 4 infantry

Ronin Rabbits (4) Bunnies in Japanese armour with back banners. 2 have a small fixture to the front of the helm, and all have a separate back banner fitting into a small hole in their back.

Weird WW2 - V1 Stukasaurus - A stukasaurus made into a V1 rocket version - with separate power source, and 4 bombs and armoured head. Also features a chest lug for a flying stand omitted from earlier versions of the Stukas. No flying stand supplied.

Flakosaurus A Schleich Ankylosaurus figure with Eureka add ons. Already shown on the Eureka site? or maybe in a Historicon preview. Also comes with an instructions sheet.

I stuck the guns on upside down :( Too late now. Easy to assemble, parts go together well and are fairly solid when joined. The two shields just to the front of the guns are however only on a tiny pin mount and susceptible to heavy handling.

Promotional Material Two cloth patches for the Jurassic Reich theme - the stuka patch and the raptor dog patch. They also have their own 6 sided die with the 6 replaced by the symbol shown

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 06:36:23 AM by cdm »

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Eureka 28mm randomness August
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 06:00:33 PM »
Interesting. I knew about most of the French Rev stuff, but had no clue the civilians and Austrian officers were on the way!

Offline Raxxus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 06:26:11 PM »
nice us hazmats :)

Offline cdm

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 06:51:02 AM »
Forgot a couple minis from this parcel which I finally assembled - some turtle alligator cavalry. I thought I'd add them on here rather than make a new post.
They come in three basic varieties with a choice of 4 weapons.
The rider's body for all variants are exactly the same. The shell is a separate piece to be glued to the rider's back. Each rider comes with a choice of naginata, long bamboo lance, scimitar or musket. There are 3 styles of backbanner which fit into a small hole in the back of the saddle. It is adequate but I'd prefer to have seen a longer joining pin on the banner and a deeper locating hole. Each rider also has a tiny wooden circular shield, shown only in the last pic.

There are 3 variants of the alligator, which is essentially the same pose for each. One has his mouth open, the other two closed. The two closed ones are differentiated by different rein decorations. There is a bit of flash in between the reins and the body. I managed to work it out but it is not thin flash and will take a little work.

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 07:26:46 AM »
Some interesting bits an pieces there. I'll be making a visit to Melbourne early October, can't wait to swing by Eureka and see what's cooking!

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 11:09:26 AM »
Some more goodness has appeared since, including a wonderful cantiniere/vivandiere with cart and a wonderful Republican deputy figure.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Raxxus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 08:13:08 AM »
when are the us hazmats being realeased on eurekas site?

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 04:16:25 AM »
I saw them in the flesh at MOAB earlier this month.

I wonder if you could get them by sending an email to the Eureka gang...