Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:08:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689225
  • Total Topics: 118264
  • Online Today: 500
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Suggestions for German SP Uniform colour?  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
Suggestions for German SP Uniform colour?
« on: August 25, 2011, 10:05:42 PM »
I am struggling with what colour to use for my Stug and other SP crew members uniforms. To be more specific, its the grey version of the special motor uniform (otherwise known as the panzer uniform). I am primarely using Vallejo colours. So, any suggestions would be most welcome. Perhaps German Uniform VP920 for the Reed-Green version?
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Torradas

• Librarian
    • http://meiatorrada.blogspot.com
Re: Suggestions for German SP Uniform colour?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 12:04:23 AM »
A small intro, as it is a subject I have read a lot about.

Stug crew was not considered panzer crew (SP Artillery), so they wore feldgrau with red artillery pippings. That would be the norm. There were (as always) exceptions, Lehr Stugs is one that springs to mind. So anything from panzer jackets with red pipping to black panzer jackets with pink pip pings can be correct.

For a regular Heer StugBatterie, feldgrau with red pipping would be correct.

That said, go for Vallejo Model Colour Feldgrau. Can't miss there. Vallejo Panzer Aces should also have something similarly named.

PS.: I'm failing all my Willpower saves vs. Warlord's new Stug with Maelstrom's 17,5% discount... :P
"And Lo, thou shalt close your legs in a snapping action whence your miniature slips from your hand when you are painting. And the paint will be fresh, and your trousers will be soiled, but you will smile - because the mini was saved"
Book of Lead-a-Holics, 3:16

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 05:17:06 PM »
A small intro, as it is a subject I have read a lot about.

Stug crew was not considered panzer crew (SP Artillery), so they wore feldgrau with red artillery pippings. That would be the norm. There were (as always) exceptions, Lehr Stugs is one that springs to mind. So anything from panzer jackets with red pipping to black panzer jackets with pink pip pings can be correct.

For a regular Heer StugBatterie, feldgrau with red pipping would be correct.

That said, go for Vallejo Model Colour Feldgrau. Can't miss there. Vallejo Panzer Aces should also have something similarly named.

PS.: I'm failing all my Willpower saves vs. Warlord's new Stug with Maelstrom's 17,5% discount... :P

Thank you for your small history lesson, even though it had nothing to do with my question. Besides, you are not totally correct, but its a confusing matter for most, so that is quite understandable and hence can be excused. I can give an exampel, Panzerjäger or Stugs within a panzer regiment of a panzerdivision, ersatz units etc ;-)
I am fully aware of who used what uniform type, along with piping and their colours, Epaulette and Kragenspiegel etc. It is the names of the colours I need! :)

Perhaps I must re-phrase my question to make it more clear. What I would love is a suggestion for what colour to use, preferably from the Vallejo range, to paint the SP uniform (once again, its name is best translated to the Special Motor Uniform, but in this case, the grey and reed-green summer version). Primarely I am looking for suggestions for the Reed-Green Summer version of the uniform. The normal grey I could use a lighter version of the field grey I am sure.

By the way, what new Stug would that be? :D  You really cant tell me stuff like that, I just made so many orders that my credit card is burning!!!
I suppose I must check it out... Maelstroms you say eh?
I have one Warlord Stug, but I think I will continue to order from Die Waffenkammer, they just have too many cool veichles, besides, the owner is a very polite and nice guy.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:19:02 PM by Galland »

Offline Torradas

• Librarian
    • http://meiatorrada.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 08:26:58 PM »
I misunderstood :P Fact is we can pretty much paint them in any colour combo we want as it was a fairly available vehicle in all different types of units :)

For the Reed Green you can have a look at Vallejo Camo Light Green. Might want to tone that down a bit with Iraqi Sand as it's a bit bright. Or work on a base of German Uniform and highlight that?

The "new" Stug is actually the old Stug remastered. You can get one ordered (no stock yet) pretty cheap with the current promo.

This:

Until early September (can't remember exactly when) you can use the code SUMMER-END for a 17,5% discount and get one really cheap.

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 11:44:19 PM »
Hehe, thanks Torradas. It is great to find another uniform history buff in here! :D

Oh the Stug is shiny, however, I have decided to order two Stugs from Die Waffenkammer first, so not sure if my budget allow me another Stug, even though one cant really have too many of them! :)