Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:42:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ingalls Family project  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Ingalls Family project
« on: September 06, 2011, 09:45:48 AM »
Yes, I know....  ::)

...but I'm currently reading the 'The Little House (here and there and everywhere)...' series for my eldest daughter - and I think it could be a nice link to my hobby, getting/making/painting a model (or more models) of the Ingalls' homestead - complete with animals, the family, friends of the Ingalls family the wagon, the garden/fields, etc.

It would also be a nice addition to my all-too-long pending Old West gaming.

So: sugestions, please!

For carts and wagons, I'm pretty covered by Blue Moon and Dixon, I think, and I have a bulldog (Jack) in a set from Pulp Figures, but what models should I use for the family, and the house...? I won't be doing the one in the Forest, but the 'House on the Prairie' was a small block-house, and I'm not sure if I have seen such a model?

I might be able to sculpt a beard onto the guy with the scythe here:  http://wargamesfoundry.com/historical_ranges/single_packs/old_west/townsfolk/farmers_and_cowhands_ow118/?sector_id=8
and the woman could be Caroline carrying Carrie (and later Grace), but I'm a bit short on girls that might pose as Mary and Laura?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Ingalls Family project
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 10:00:38 AM »
Bugsda painted the following civilians for me and entered them in the last LPL.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=27117.0

Several are Foundry (The chap with the stick and sythe along with the lady with baby)

The chap holding his hat in his hand along with the Negro slave are from a Redout Miniatures ACW civilian pack which also has a lady in a bonnett. I think this pack would be very suitable for you.

The children are Dixon Miniatures Wild West civilians.

The lady in purple dress is from Old Glory in their Warpaint range settlers pack which also has some children.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 12:09:57 PM »
Yes, the guy with the scythe and the woman with the child are the Foundry ones I mentioned above - and I have been lookng at Foundry's 'Victoriana' for other suitable minis. Girls are scarce, though...

Dixon has to be inspected more closely - a bit difficult to get a good overview, there...
The Dixon violin player could make a good Charles, though, if beard is added....

The Redoubt civilians are nice. Very well hidden, but nice  :)

I'm a little bit in love with that Warpaint series from Redoubt Old Glory, now - some really nice civilians, and also 'civilian' natives... only available from their US-shop, it seems..?

Good calls, thanks - I don't suppose that company called 'Cemetery Miniatures' or something similar has any suitable ones, then...?  ::)

I shall start buying stuff for this, as soon as I have all the elements listed. Should be a quick one to finish to a reasonable standard.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:41:35 PM by Argonor »

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 12:15:01 PM »

I'm a little bit in love with that Warpaint series from Redoubt, now - some really nice civilians, and also 'civilian' natives... only available from their US-shop, it seems..?

Warpaint are Old Glory?

They are listed on the Old Glory UK site:

http://www.oldgloryuk.com/disp_items.php?m=23&s=74

The Dixon children are very nice figures and do not suffer the cabbage head syndrome of alot of his stuff. And you can buy them individually too.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 12:41:07 PM »
Oh, sorry - bit of a mixup on my parts... am a bit stressed out because of some technical trouble here at work  :?

I can see them now, following the link, but I couldn't find my way to them from the OG uk front page the first time around... figured it out by looking at the site map, now... That side-menu is too compact for my eyes.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:24:20 PM by Argonor »