Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:54:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690485
  • Total Topics: 118333
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A Cry From The Crypt (Undead Army) [PICS] [PIC HVY]  (Read 14919 times)

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Re: A Cry From The Crypt (Undead Army) [PICS] [PIC HVY]
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 10:26:21 AM »
A stunning collection. My brother started with the skeleton army box set and has many of the citadel skeletons you've shown here, but your painting just makes they love fantastic.
Duncan

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 11:08:41 AM »
LEGION!

A truely great looking army, so much to look at, so many old miniatures and memories! Its a bit like looking at really old Warhammer Undead armies, sort of John Blanche if you know what I mean. Well done, and thanks for sharing!
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline DowVooVoo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 11:25:20 AM »
 :o By the GODS man! That is one Huge army. The paint job is above Top notch. I love those old style skellies. :-* :-* :o :o

Offline Manic

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 07:28:35 PM »
So many rarities  :o
I love General colors aspect of the army, rusty effects & verdigris, banners, ghosts shields, M. Jacsen, scenerys and shots
AND it's a playable army with two armys books!! Lucky man.
Congratulation.
Nicolas.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:00:10 PM by Manic »

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 10:01:47 PM »
Truth be told, I have been mostly unemployed for the past year and these skeletons paint up quite fast. My painting productivity drops rapidly when I have a job

Whoever said being out of a job was unprofitable...  ;)

Stunning work fella - they look great ranked up in that huge horde - especially the chariots! 

The updated bases are looking very nice too - all great inspiration as I've just acquired another 20 skeleton horsemen and 30 odd warriors from the old plastic regiment set myself... :D

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 10:12:45 PM »
W-W-W-W-WOW!!!
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 03:55:23 AM »
That is one impressive undead collection. Has a lot of character too.  I picked up some of the Stilfor flowers but have not used them on anything but an rpg druid base. I like the way you used the various flowers and plants on your larger bases. 
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 05:22:15 AM »
Great looking army.
Love the undead.
 :-*  :-*
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2011, 08:52:16 AM »
A stunning collection. My brother started with the skeleton army box set and has many of the citadel skeletons you've shown here, but your painting just makes they love fantastic.
Duncan

Thanks! The plastic skeletons (and horsemen and chariots) are very easy to paint, I give them three drybrushes over a black undercoat: VGC (Vallejo Game Color) Charred Brown, Earth and Bone White, after that it's just the weapons (Orange Ink, Boltgun Metal and Badab Black Wash) and shields. I did my last block of 50 skeletons all at once in three afternoons.

LEGION!

A truely great looking army, so much to look at, so many old miniatures and memories! Its a bit like looking at really old Warhammer Undead armies, sort of John Blanche if you know what I mean. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

Thanks! I love looking at old pictures of armies too, there's a nice undead army in White Dwarf 142. And I love John Blanche too so double thanks! 8)

:o By the GODS man! That is one Huge army. The paint job is above Top notch. I love those old style skellies. :-* :-* :o :o

Thanks! I really love the old metal skeletons and the plastics are nice filler as well. Luckily I have a bunch of metal skeletons still to paint up!  :)

So many rarities  :o
I love General colors aspect of the army, rusty effects & verdigris, banners, ghosts shields, M. Jacsen, scenerys and shots
AND it's a playable army with two armys books!! Lucky man.
Congratulation.
Nicolas.

I don't really know which models are rare and which are not, but my Mikael Jacsen is a conversion as I couldn't get a hold of the official one, at least not for a price I'm willing to pay ;) This is him before he was painted:

You can read a full description of the conversion here:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=28771.0

Whoever said being out of a job was unprofitable...  ;)

Stunning work fella - they look great ranked up in that huge horde - especially the chariots! 

The updated bases are looking very nice too - all great inspiration as I've just acquired another 20 skeleton horsemen and 30 odd warriors from the old plastic regiment set myself... :D

Excellent, can't wait to see what you do with them!

That is one impressive undead collection. Has a lot of character too.  I picked up some of the Stilfor flowers but have not used them on anything but an rpg druid base. I like the way you used the various flowers and plants on your larger bases. 

Thanks! These are from Mininatur ordered from Battlefield Berlin, but I think it's the same stuff, just on the other side of the Northsea 8) I used them on smaller bases too as you can see here:

Only for now there are 50 plastic skeletons and 42 Nightmare Legionnaires walking around with these bases and the rest is still 'plain'. Also all the command figures have plain bases so the tufts have little visual impact in the large blocks.

Great looking army.
Love the undead.
 :-*  :-*

Thanks! If I hadn't been swayed by the Dark Elf Cold One Knights then the Undead would have been my first army. Now they had to wait until I decided to give them 'the treatment'. Better late than never I guess 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2011, 04:47:41 PM »
Lovely stuff

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 05:09:58 PM »
The individual pieces are VERY WELL DONE, & the mass effect is VERY IMPRESSIVE! The delay in getting to the Living Impaired Legions may be a blessing...got you some extra experience.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 07:59:36 PM »
Arjen my friend, this is bloody inspiring! Nice to see some old faces and most awesome additions! The Prince August figs are often very hit and miss. I had a few that were nice looking but too small for 28s. Some of their more recent ones were great though, really big and chunky 28mm. Don't think they had any skeletons in that range though.

That Jacsen conversion is still one of my favourites in the whole gang. You did a proper jon with the flaming hair.
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 09:10:55 PM »
Lovely stuff

Thanks!

The individual pieces are VERY WELL DONE, & the mass effect is VERY IMPRESSIVE! The delay in getting to the Living Impaired Legions may be a blessing...got you some extra experience.

True! To be honest I had already painted a fair share of models early i my Warhammer years, I guess about 20 skeletons, several horsemen and two chariots. Half of them were very bright (Bleached Bone with blacklining) and inspired by the painting style on the boxes at the time:

The other half were washed in a yellowish brown mix inspired by the Mike McVey "Painitng Skeleton Warriors" article that had been reprinted in Warhammer 4th edition. Nearly all those models are now in my force again with less fresh colours 8)

Arjen my friend, this is bloody inspiring! Nice to see some old faces and most awesome additions! The Prince August figs are often very hit and miss. I had a few that were nice looking but too small for 28s. Some of their more recent ones were great though, really big and chunky 28mm. Don't think they had any skeletons in that range though.

That Jacsen conversion is still one of my favourites in the whole gang. You did a proper jon with the flaming hair.

Glad you like them! I have some Prince August models from the Future Shock line and they have some of the same smoothness the skeletons have. A smoothness I for some reason don't really like. I don't have any of their other fantasy models and I guess I'll keep it that way if I can help it 8)

I'm still very pleased with my Jacsen as well, he's a real eye-catcher, thanks!

Offline ogryn

• Librarian
  • Mercpancake
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2011, 10:00:41 PM »
wow....
Awesome, old and awesome.

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 06:16:43 AM »
I said it over at frothers but this army is truly awesome. Yr a lead-painting hero, Pil.