Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:08:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A bit of Russian language help requested  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
A bit of Russian language help requested
« on: November 14, 2011, 03:57:41 AM »
I'm doing up cards for Mud & Blood games in the RCW, and need a bit of assistance with some Russian (or at least Russian-flavoured!) phrases for both Red & White cards. I'm not sure if I want to go right for Cyrillic text on the cards, transliterated Russian in Latin text or just English translations with a Russian flavour, but I figure the talented folks here can help with all three options!

Mud & Blood has a "Storm" card, allowing one unit to make an extra movement that can end in an assault attack. This has a different title for each force, "Up an' at 'em" for British forces of sufficient quality, for example. I was thinking of a simple "For the Revolution!" for the Bosheviks, and maybe "For Russia!" for the Whites. "Na Moskvu" (To Moscow!) might also work for the Whites, maybe?

The "Time For A Snifter" card in M&B ends the current turn and causes the deck to be reshuffled. Something more Russian-influenced would be entertaining for this card - some sort of Russian slang for "have a drink"/"time for tea" or similar, perhaps.

There's other cards I'll be adding RCW flavour to eventually, but these are the only ones I can see needing for our first couple of games.

Offline Mark Plant

• Mad Scientist
    • Pygmy Wars : Russian Civil War and Related Stuff
Re: A bit of Russian language help requested
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 08:05:24 AM »
Surely you need a "Samovar" card? They certainly look the goods, and are about as Russian as you can get.

http://0.tqn.com/d/goeasteurope/1/0/q/1/-/-/Samovar.jpg