Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:32:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689638
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15 mm miniatures for Boxer Rebellion?  (Read 7663 times)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
15 mm miniatures for Boxer Rebellion?
« on: September 28, 2011, 11:23:55 PM »
The sheer number of 25/28 mm figure needed for a good sized (whatever that means) game seems to be one of those "Well, you do it, I don't have time" type things that keeps many of the locals (including... especially... myself,) somewhat uncommitted.

So, who might make suitable 15 mm figures for a Boxer Rebellion game?  Sailors would work for several nations and ideas for easily modified figures to represent various nations are acceptable too.  I would ideally like more than just the Chinese forces and Brits/Americans.

Gracias,

Glenn

Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 15 mm miniatures for Boxer Rebellion?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 12:33:19 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Old Glory 15s makes a whole line of figures for the Boxer Rebellion.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 02:27:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Old Glory 15s makes a whole line of figures for the Boxer Rebellion.

Yes, but there are "OG allergic" gamers locally.   lol  Seriously, those would work, any others?

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 07:16:18 AM »
There are really only four options I'm aware of (just finished my collection earlier this year, buying not painting) and besides Old Glory there is Lancashire Games in the UK, Cellmate Miniatures in Florida, and some items in the colonial range from Irregular Miniatures.  They will all work together although the Cellmate range is a lot thinner and a little shorter than all the others but does have some unique figures - the only one to make Red Lantern figures (female boxers).  For Tigermen I recommend the Irregular ones because the others don't really have the "look" of the tiger outfit even if they might be historically correct.  If your goal is to game the period you can get all you need figure wise from these folks; if you want great figures...well, they all work okay and once painted and all the table no one's going to care because they'll be busy playing. The real challenge of the period and this scale is architecture.  I am scratch building.

Good luck, it's a fun period to game.  (and, no, I don't have any photos available and not sure when I might have time to provide any)

Offline seelowe41

• Assistant
    • Wyverns Wargamers
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 05:33:12 AM »
Does anyone have any thoughts on who makes 155mm Chinese or Boxer casualties.I am in the process of creating some pinned markers and was looking for suitable dead figures?
Thoughts?

Cheers

Stu
http://dusttears.blogspot.co.uk/
Member of the Wyvern Wargamers.
http://wyvernwargamers.org.uk/

Check out my Blog - http://dusttears.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 10:11:38 AM »
Do it the old fashioned way and stand on the little buggers, at 15mm no one will notice  lol

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline john Hollyoak

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 10:25:18 AM »
Tin Soldier do a range of Italians for Adowa which is only 10 years before the Boxer Rebellion.
Although Jim's answser re casualties seems a laugh, he has a point. It is pretty easy to find a standing figure which can be laid down to look like a casualty. Irregular do general dead muslims which would be a good start.
John

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 03:37:49 PM »
Been looking for suitable Boxer casualty figures too - and no luck so far.  Donnington has one possible figure in their stuff - with no plans to add more (already exchanged emails with them on the matter) - but really a bit out of period.  If you find something, I'd love to know about it.

Offline seelowe41

• Assistant
    • Wyverns Wargamers
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 07:38:47 AM »
Peter pig do some Allied Nation Casualties if you hunt around the ranges.
This is the closest I have found for Boxers.
http://www.peterpig.co.uk/vietnamdeadcivilians.jpg

Cheers

Stu
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:40:49 AM by seelowe41 »

Offline Hobbit

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 11:21:29 AM »
I'm not a 15mm gamer so have no idea how they stack up against modern figures but there are some potentially useful figures listed in the old Minifigs range:

http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/Catalogue.aspx?ScaleID=2&CategoryID=13&SubCategoryID=88

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 12:25:07 PM »
Slightly off topic but I will be doing Chinese buildings in 15mm in the New Year  :)

cheers

James

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 05:12:32 PM »
Good news on 15 mm buildings in the new year.  What is your distribution channel?  Any U.S. sources?

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 05:33:44 PM »
There isn't one and it's just me I'm afraid but I've lost count if the number of overseas customers I've had. It really isn't worth my while to do distribution I'm afraid.

cheers

James

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 08:59:06 PM »
Jimbibbly,

After my earlier post I decided to check if you had a link to a site (duh!) and checked out your work.  Love those Japanese buildings so, if your Chinese work rivals those, you should do well.  That's some beautiful work.  Being in California (not a royal borough at all!), I'll only be interested in resin items - not quite half way round the planet but close enough.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 09:54:02 PM »
Jimbibbly,

After my earlier post I decided to check if you had a link to a site (duh!) and checked out your work.  Love those Japanese buildings so, if your Chinese work rivals those, you should do well.  That's some beautiful work.  Being in California (not a royal borough at all!), I'll only be interested in resin items - not quite half way round the planet but close enough.

No worries, I've had several repeat customers from California (seems to be the Asian gaming area of the states  :) ).

cheers

James