Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:07:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690915
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 641
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Other minis in scale with mongoose Dredd/SST?  (Read 2323 times)

Offline deathjester25

• Scientist
Other minis in scale with mongoose Dredd/SST?
« on: October 01, 2011, 07:05:04 AM »
I recently picked up alot of mongoose minis cheap for use in some generic sci-fi games. Are there any other companies out there who make sci-fi or post apoc minis that are close to the same size.  I like alot of MERCS and heresy stuff but it looks to small.

Offline Achilles

• Mad Scientist
  • Heal them, with fire from above.
    • Guerrilla Miniature Games
Re: Other minis in scale with mongoose Dredd/SST?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 04:58:01 PM »
Both those ranges scale up fine with Mongoose. Anything based on 30mm in photos will look a bit smaller than based on 25mm.

They'll fit in fine.

All life is an experiment.
The more experiments you make, the better.
To see more painted Toy Soldiers, check out my Blog!

Offline Scout_II

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 06:04:12 PM »
Although there are several academic issues with the implementation...

http://theotherminiaturespage.com/Scale-o-matic/Scale-o-matic.htm

I have two of the street judges in it right now as well as several other manufacturers miniatures.

Offline deathjester25

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 11:05:32 PM »
Ive never seen those micropanzer or recreational conflict hard suits before but im thinking of ordering them right now. Looks like reaper chronoscope would be a good fit too. Can you guys think of any companies that make good generic humanoid aliens. Sadly i never games across any SST skinnies.

Offline Scout_II

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 04:52:18 AM »
Ive never seen those micropanzer or recreational conflict hard suits before but im thinking of ordering them right now.

Have them both, and like them a bunch.  The Valkyur make for a good Amazon sci-fi group (faction, race, gang...whatever you prefer to call them).  If you take a look at the concept art for the planned releases for them, they are even nicer.

Can you guys think of any companies that make good generic humanoid aliens.

Kinda, sorta an open ended question...

There are a lot of them that are good.  Rar and Drantakhs from Regiment are pretty nice, with several figures in each line to be flexible.  Mega Miniatures Hydrissians and Mephalians are both solid as well (though less humanoid).  Zombiesmith has the Quar, A7D12 and Storm of Steel.  For somewhat more human humanoids you also have Grymn from Hasslefree and Scrunts from whoever happens to have the molds this week (mini-scrunts through Olley's Armies...Texans I think are Armorcast...the other ones are on a walk-about somewhere in Australia).  Would be remiss not to mention GW with the Kroot, Tau and Eldar...to some extent Orks as well if you don't mind the cartoonish nature of them.  Black Scorpion has their aliens (some of my favorites).  AE Bounty from Darkson Designs has some nice ones too - though I am not too sure on their actual state of affairs right now.

Offline basaint

• Scientist
  • Gamer, creator...In AZ
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 04:24:20 AM »
I push ppl towards Vor and Void most times.  The humanoid Koralons (Araktons) are nice and can be found cheap sometimes (box set).  Vor's not the cheapest these days but the Zykee make a good Skinnie-like opponent.

Where are you located Jester?

Offline Cosmotiger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 02:54:18 PM »
Back to the original post, I have a fairly limited number of Mongoose figures, but the Mongoose humans I own (the basic SST Troopers, and the plastic Gangs of Mega-City One box) are very noticeably taller than any of the similar figures I have.  That would include GW's 40K and Necromunda, EM-4, Copplestone, Heresy, Pig Iron and Hasselfree.  IMO, I would not mix those companies with Mongoose.  I'm very free with mixing ranges from different companies, but Mongoose figures are a full head taller than any of my other post-apoc or Sci-fi figures.  I would advise caution.

Offline deathjester25

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 04:55:38 PM »
@basaint   Im in eastern PA

@Cosmotiger  Thats what i noticed too.

I think im gonna pick up some of Black Scorpions aliens since most of there stuff is pretty big too. Im really liking the mega minis aliens too. I guess there size wont matter to much since there not to human looking.

What is a good sci fi skirmish system that can use any models? Im thinking of downloading AE Bounty right now.