Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:54:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Daemonic Hounds and Skills?  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
Daemonic Hounds and Skills?
« on: October 01, 2011, 10:44:48 AM »
Hi everyone.
Normally I'm using the Hounds of Tindalos produced by RAFM to use as "Daemonic Hounds" but after seeing the "German Hell Hound" for Darkson Design's AE WW2 System I couldn't resist buying one of those Beasts.

Now I got this massive, ferocious looking Dog Thing and I decided to give him some very bad ass Skills.
Because Daemonic Hounds have the Parry Skill, I want to give this Hell Incarnate the Thunderous Charge, Throw, Decrease Dexterity, Doge and Sprint Skills.
PS: The Dexerity Decrease is needed to give it the 5+ Save against shooting attacks.

Now my Questions:
1. Am I right that the Thunderous Charge can only be used if a model is actually moving into Base-to-Base contact while charging an enemy? Therefore in upcoming Combats, the Hell Hound can't use this Skill as long as it stays still (even if it takes new Charge Actions to fight against his foe)?

2. If the Hell Hound Charges I may use the Thunderous Charge. Therefore The Hell Hound may only use 2 Attack Dice (adding the Thunderous Charge Bonus on both). I choose the highest result adding the C.C. Bonus of the Hound's Bite to it (making it a total Bonus of +4 on the highest Dice rolled?)?!

3. Assuming the Hell hound wins the "to Hit". Now I can decide between damaging the foe and throwing it: If I choose to damage the enemy I compare both To Hit rolls and throw as many dice as the difference between the highest To Hit rolls (adding the Damage Bonus to the Highest and Compare this to the victim's Constitution...). And instead doing this I may throw the enemy without rolling any Dice (except for the throwing range), making the victim land automatically stunned (or kill him if he lands outside the playing surface or in impassable terrain)?

Greetings!

« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:47:45 AM by Yggdrasil »

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
Re: Daemonic Hounds and Skills?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 04:45:47 PM »
This all sounds right to me. I also have been known to enjoy a 'tooled up' demon doggie from time to time.  >:D Good luck to your opponent when you spring this nasty little surprise on them.  lol