Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:43:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: RECON 2012 COCOA BCH FL. - KARORAM VALLEY - N.W.F. 1891 scenario  (Read 1592 times)

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
RECON 2012 COCOA BCH FL. - KARORAM VALLEY - N.W.F. 1891 scenario
« on: February 24, 2012, 12:31:42 PM »

I will be running a game from the "Major General Tremoden Reddering's Colonial Website" at RECON 2012 in beautiful Cocoa Beach Fl. this coming April. Check the website for details, http://www.hmgs-south.com/hmgs/. The HMGS-South crew always put on a great con! There are usually several colonial games, most of which are TSATF.

The game I will be running is "The Scourging of the Karoram Valley". The Major General's website has been an inspiration to me for ever since I found it and I thought it was time to run one of the scenarios from the site. I chose a NWF game as I have a collection of NWF figs and terrain in 25/28mm and I love TSATF, it's my favorite rules set!

I will be setting up the table as close as possible to the existing map and will have similar OOB's. The original game write up was a great read and I intend to playtest the game at least once before the con incase I have to tweek anything. I will run the first playtest as is and see how it goes. Since the website can only be accessed via "The Way Back Machine" I will post the scenario details. Here's a link that may work. For those of you who know me, anytime I have run someone elses scenario I have always changed things up a bit so don't think you'll have all the details and will have absolute knowledge of the game, I will have a couple of surprises for the players no doubt.

Scourge of the Karoram Valley: NWF, February 1891

February 1891, NWF of India, local tribes are agitated and incited by fanatical local brothers Beezal el Amid and Hasib el Amid. In order to stop the uprising before it gains ground, General Glenfiddich orders a two pronged attack into the Karoram valley. Colonel Sir Allen Smithwicks and Sgt. Major McGuinness are ordered to lead the Brigade into the teeth of the enemy enclave and force the passes of the Karoram valley.

RULES: THE SWORD AND THE FLAME (TSATF)
TABLE: 6’ X 8’
SCALE: 25MM
PERIOD: Colonial
PLAYERS: 6 – 10
CLUB: SMG – Southern Miniatures Gamers, www.soflgamers.org

www.hmgs-south.com
www.soflgamers.org

Cheers,

Sgt. Guinness

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
Re: RECON 2012 COCOA BCH FL. - KARORAM VALLEY - N.W.F. 1891 scenario
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:15:48 PM »
FML! I got UBER excited when I saw this.
BUT I'm on vacation in Cocoa Beach from the 11th-24th... :'( :'( :'( so close, yet so far away
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
Re: RECON 2012 COCOA BCH FL. - KARORAM VALLEY - N.W.F. 1891 scenario
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:29:39 AM »
Johnno, wow so close yet so far! Too bad you couldn't extend your stay or perhaps miss your flight home for a little while......you're only going to miss RECON 2012 by a couple of days. I'll try to post a few pics from the game.
Cheers,
JB