Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:27:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690749
  • Total Topics: 118345
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl Project: More Pics Added!  (Read 24681 times)

Offline DoomOnYou72

• Student
    • To the Last Bullet
Re: Dungeon Bash Project: The Beginning! (Lots of Pics)
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2011, 10:15:18 PM »
Great stuff there mate. Having just gotten a few of the kids into gaming Id really love to hear some more about your rules youve made.

Offline thenamelessdead

• Scientist
  • I've made a huge mistake...
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 08:43:18 PM »
As an arachnaphobe I can confirm that those eight-legged fellows of unknown parentage carry the necessary threat.  Maybe that explains the bargain price?

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2011, 01:38:02 PM »
A quick update!  Finally varnished the six RBG Goblin spears and took some snaps for your approval.  Lovely models if a little taxing on the eye to paint.  Expect Giant Toads, Slimes and more in the coming weeks.  I'm also currently eyeing up some Splintered Light Gnomes as a rather more unorthodox dungeon opponent.  What with that and the new RBG undead range (which Tre assures me will be significantly added to before Christmas) where will this madness ever end? 

Charming little chappies, aren't they?  Also I will have a new and much better camera by this weekend so expect a marked improvement in the photographic department, too.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2011, 01:42:07 PM »
They are some lovely little models!

Offline Mister Rab

• Mastermind
  • in plumbum veritas
    • Rab's Geekly Digest
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2011, 01:59:10 PM »
...will this madness ever end?

I do hope not - I'm enjoying this thread hugely, and the kick it's given to my similar project. It's also costing me as I've just received the Bob Olley trolls (+rats, +wolves  ::)) fro Ral Partha, and now those spiders are whispering enticingly to me, as it were!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2011, 02:08:15 PM »
VERY NICELY DONE! The Lads evince the charming personalities I've come to associate with Goblins.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
Re: Dungeon Bash Project: Updated All-Hallows-Eve
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 12:27:02 AM »
Wow those goblins look great, I'd really better paint mine!

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
Re: Dungeon Bash Project: Updated All-Hallows-Eve
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2011, 06:55:51 PM »
After some problems with my computer (the PSU perished) which led to almost three weeks without the internet ( >:() I have finally returned to the fray and have plenty of new dungeon-related nonsense to share with you.  First up are a couple of Ral Partha Ogres.  Given that Ogres are essentially large, brutish people I decided on human skin tones (it also helps differentiate them from the Trolls I did earlier, with whom they share more than a passing resemblance).  Anyway, these fellows should provide our heroes with a considerable challenge in the melee department!

Next up are four Red Box 'Orcs' (Tre called them 'Bonebacks').  Certainly some of the most characterful greenskins I've encountered and a blast to paint, which is just as well because I've got another eight of the buggers to go (all different variants, of course)...

An Otherworld Giant Toad.  Not much to say about this beasty other than that it's surprisingly hefty and a really lovely mini!  Top notch dungeon fodder!

An 'orrible 'Giant Worm' thang from C-P Models (sculpted by LAFer George/redshadows).  Repulsive. 

And lastly a slithering green Slime from Reaper.

Plenty more to come and maybe even some perilous quests to relate, too! Thanks for taking a look. 

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Dungeon Bash Project: Updated 19Nov11
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2011, 07:00:53 PM »
More lovely minis, Mr F-F!

I like the way that you are using a mixture of different companies and still managing to make them all work together really well.

My favourite is the Toad, but those Orcs look great too.
The effect that you have pulled off with the slime is fantastic as well!

Looking forward to more...

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2011, 10:32:52 PM »
The new Lads in the Dungeon are VERY COOL & WELL DONE! I hadn't see those Orcs before; they evince a tremendous amount of personality.

Offline Hubbynz

• Scientist
    • Halfling House
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2011, 11:40:26 PM »
Fantastic painting, love the orcs.

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2011, 09:53:15 AM »
That toad is really nicely painted! It looks too clean for drybrushing, but surely you didn't pick out all the individual bumps on it?!  o_o
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »
That toad is really nicely painted! It looks too clean for drybrushing, but surely you didn't pick out all the individual bumps on it?!  o_o

Except for the spots in the dark brown splodges it is, in fact, dry-brushed.  I've recently taken to painting all the highlights first (whether dry-brushed or not) and washing at the end to give the models the illusion of being clean and blended.  I have to add that the detail on this blighter, as on all OW minis it would seem, is superb and lends itself well to my slap-happy approach (which is just as well!).  I'll certainly be picking up more of their wares over the coming months.

Offline Mister Rab

• Mastermind
  • in plumbum veritas
    • Rab's Geekly Digest
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2011, 11:42:44 AM »
I like them! I'm afraid you've tipped me into a further purchase from Ral Partha to get those ogres - they're perfect! As said already, the slime and toad are also particularly cool, but the green shades on the skin of the 'orcs' are very satisfying.

I've recently taken to painting all the highlights first (whether dry-brushed or not) and washing at the end to give the models the illusion of being clean and blended.

lol That's exactly what I do!

Offline Skipp

• Bookworm
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2011, 01:36:47 PM »
Nice stuff - I've been ammassing various bits for a dungeon bash project myself - mostly minis, am moving onto scenery soon, and am thinking on rules particularly...

I've looked at the fantasy trip (not for me), and advanced fighting fantasy... but am intrigued by what you mention about modding the coreheim rules - would you be prepared to share these? (If so I'll drop you a pm)

keep it up.