Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:07:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690991
  • Total Topics: 118362
  • Online Today: 742
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Help finding 15mm EW Polish models for FoW  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Help finding 15mm EW Polish models for FoW
« on: October 03, 2011, 06:17:07 PM »

Fiat 508 Taczanka & Fiat 508 field car -- Can't seem to find them at all. And they are very important for the Motorized Cavalry

Fiat 621 truck-----OldGlory has some but it does not look superb, and I will need quite  a few so is there any cheaper "count as" source for trucks that still look at least decent?

Polish motorcycle teams------ I know BF has them, and OldGlory. Are there any other? The BF look good but are too expensive. The OldGlory don't look too good.

Vickers light tank type A and B--- Again, OldGlory and I think QRF had some. But they look really really dodgy on those photos  :?

Anyways, what I'm asking if anyone knows any alternative sources for the above mentioned units. I would be grateful as I need pretty much everything on that list to make a "motorized cavalry" force. The most interesting organization for the Polish EW army, and the hardest to find models for it would seem...

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Re: Help finding 15mm EW Polish models for FoW
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 06:23:42 PM »
For trucks, how about Zvezda?
They do a Zis and an Opel.

Have you tried Forged in Battle?
They have really good vehicles and figures.
Most of their Polish range hasn't been released yet, but if you drop them an email they might know when the next release is due.

(And they already have masters done for Polish artillery and cavalry)
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 06:30:49 PM »
Yeah I'm currently glancing at the Soviet trucks over at "Game models" http://www.gamodls.com/Russian.htm . 4 USD / vehicle seems very cheap, hmm..

Yeah I will contact FiB, I have their infantry, MG and Mortar teams which are great. Cool to hear they have cavalry coming up as I would be reluctant to buy more TrueNorth cavalry as they are very fragile.

Offline Aldramelech

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 07:46:39 PM »
Gaming models are very, very cheap  :D But they are cheap for a reason, don't get me wrong, some of their stuff is OK and very workmanlike, some is just awful. If you email him he will send you good pictures and his service is second to none. You do get what you pay for ;)

Post from the States was very reasonable and he got my stuff to me (T35's) quicker then some UK surpliers have recently.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 09:04:02 PM »
Alright, good to hear.
Yeah I heard about the randomness in quality on the WWPD podcast. Figured I would buy trucks only, as those  models will only be around for a brief time on the table before they dump their passengers and drive off the table. It would also be madness to buy 12-18 trucks for more than 4USD/piece imo.

There are some really nice trucks from other sources but they are very expensive in comparison. I don't mind forking over £6-8/tank but I would never be able to do the same for a "useless" transport (not like the cool and playable German sdkfz halftracks).