Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:47:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Where to Buy Cthulhu Mini's  (Read 146390 times)

Offline Elysium

• Student
Re: Where to Buy Cthulhu Mini's
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 08:50:36 PM »
Only about 3 or 4 diffi links.   Stupidly linked to the page, should have just linked to the site itself.  amended, but in future I assume people will just tap in the site address and head in the right direction.  The duplicates are as I wanted people to go straight in to what they were looking for and find it easily.  So catalogued a bit.  The thread was initially written for people into the roleplay game, who might want a few miniatures and not know where to find them quickly.  That's why it covers different eras and goes on to other things, such as scenery and floorplans.

Bit loathe to remove Design 24, as their site might just be down, or they've taken some time off.

Offline Paddy649

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 09:21:56 PM »
Elysium,

Genius - thanks.  I'd settle for 10% of this varirety in 15mm.  Do you have any idea which of these would work in the smaller scale?

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 08:59:21 AM »
Only about 3 or 4 diffi links.   Stupidly linked to the page, should have just linked to the site itself.  amended, but in future I assume people will just tap in the site address and head in the right direction.  The duplicates are as I wanted people to go straight in to what they were looking for and find it easily.  So catalogued a bit.  The thread was initially written for people into the roleplay game, who might want a few miniatures and not know where to find them quickly.  That's why it covers different eras and goes on to other things, such as scenery and floorplans.

Bit loathe to remove Design 24, as their site might just be down, or they've taken some time off.

TBH I think it could do with some editing especially to remove duplicates - I've already listed the major Cthulhu mini manufacturers in the first post and I think all in all I've made it clear the source of mini's in my themed posts, although I do plan to improve the Deep One post. I'd also suggest removing things like paints and glues, but including scenery and floorplans was a good idea.
Waiter, my soup is giggling.

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 02:13:42 PM »
Time for some Wormy horrors:

From Trollforged's Aliens range comes this Worm Grub

Otherworld produce this Purple Worm and leeches

CP Models have this giant worm with alternate heads:

Rattrap have a Mongolian Death Worm:

Reaper have a Purple Worm and Charnel grub:

Heresy produces these lovely slugs:

and Ral Partha Europe have this Crypt worm:

EDIT:

D&D Mini's Grick:

« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:04:16 PM by Onebigriver »

Offline Elysium

• Student
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 10:32:06 PM »
I'd settle for 10% of this varirety in 15mm.  Do you have any idea which of these would work in the smaller scale?

Well the majority are 28 to 32mm, so very few.  Some of the monsters will be more in scale, as they were reduced to fit in with say 28mm.  So the classic Grenadier Nightmares larger models such as Nyarlathotep and spawn of Cthulhu will be quite fitting!  I've always got by with 28mm, for the detail, but can see the benefits of 15mm regards wargames.

See what you are saying onebigriver, but I initially put the thread together for players on
yog-sothoth.com (Yoggie) as they are more into the game, background history.  So put it together to assist as an entry into understanding, finding miniatures and painting them up for a game.  I only put it up here as an afterthought.  I thought, "shall I, shan't I? ah it'll only take a little extra time."  You see it took me 6 hours updating it recently (prior to posting it here), and that doesn't include all the hours initially putting it together when I posted it back in May over there.  

Like I say it was a thought, and to cut and paste it was simple.  To then go into it further, weigh up what was on this thread, then delete what was already listed, or what people feel could be best placed elsewhere or is not relevant, then that's just more work, when it was enough for me initially.  I thought I'd put it up, as to just put in a link to the thread on Yoggie, seems to siphon off people from here and detract from this site.  It just saved me time.  If the Mods want to keep this thread more pic heavy then no worries, just delete it and leave the link.  Through traffic to Yoggie will benefit the site and your members here who are big on the mythos.  Someone posting over there, will move traffic this way, so beneficial to both sites.  I assume quite a few people here, are over there as well already, if they are playing.

achab and chief lackey rich.  I think that idol comes with the sports car they do.

I'll likely be picking up a few of those Artisan and Pulp cultists.  The Pulp ones are great as there are  quite a few different choices and it's good variety, for them not to all look the same.  I like the GW ones, but they only turn up on E-Bay occasionally and they can go for £8 to £12.  I have them all, but could do with a bunch for the game.  In the end I went and bought a load of GW Ninja.  They do for any era, although out of place for a Western adventure, but that could be written in.

I've just worked out how much an order would be for some cultists.  They are well priced, only £2.08 each.  I consider that a really good price for what they are.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:49:37 PM by Elysium »

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 09:12:39 AM »
See what you are saying onebigriver, but I initially put the thread together for players on
yog-sothoth.com (Yoggie) as they are more into the game, background history.  So put it together to assist as an entry into understanding, finding miniatures and painting them up for a game.  I only put it up here as an afterthought.  I thought, "shall I, shan't I? ah it'll only take a little extra time."  You see it took me 6 hours updating it recently (prior to posting it here), and that doesn't include all the hours initially putting it together when I posted it back in May over there.  

Like I say it was a thought, and to cut and paste it was simple.  To then go into it further, weigh up what was on this thread, then delete what was already listed, or what people feel could be best placed elsewhere or is not relevant, then that's just more work, when it was enough for me initially.  I thought I'd put it up, as to just put in a link to the thread on Yoggie, seems to siphon off people from here and detract from this site.  It just saved me time.  If the Mods want to keep this thread more pic heavy then no worries, just delete it and leave the link.  Through traffic to Yoggie will benefit the site and your members here who are big on the mythos.  Someone posting over there, will move traffic this way, so beneficial to both sites.  I assume quite a few people here, are over there as well already, if they are playing.

The thread's called "Where to Buy Cthulhu Mini's", not "Where to buy everything". I feel it's just made the thread a little unwieldy and users are faced with too much info. I appreciate what you're saying about the time it's taken you to put this list together, but can I suggest that you cut the posts back to simply the miniatures sources and  then post a link to your blog for further information about Cthulhu gaming?

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 12:15:34 PM »
Time for some tenticular horror!

From the plastic D&D Mini's range:

A Lifeleech Otyugh:

A Balhannoth:

An Aboleth Slime:

A Xorn:

a Chaos Beast:

From Reaper:

A Desert Thing:

The Well of Doom:

Creature Components:

From CP Models:

Tentacle Sprue:

A Shoggoth:

Demons from Eureka Mini's:

From Black Cat Bases:

Possessed Washing Machine:

Possessed Arcade Machine:

Large Crate with Hands/Tentacles:

Forbidden Tome:

Thing from the Sewer:

Time Eater:

« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:54:32 PM by Onebigriver »

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 05:53:32 PM »
Inspired by BetterZthandead's thread about Dreamlands creatures, I thought I'd add some more mini's, starting with Serpentmen.

EM4 have several:

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Mi_Go_and_Serpentmen.html

RAFM have these:

http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RAF&Product_Code=RAF02943&Category_Code=COCM

Mirliton have 3:

http://miniature-heroes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=268_293&products_id=14172

Uncle Mike also has 3:

http://unclemikesworldwide.com/shop/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=43

Black Cat Bases have a race of lizardmen called Daggons:

http://blackcatbases.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=437_503
;

Bloodmoon Mini's produce these

Reaper have a fair few:

Serpentfolk

Snakemen

The Nagendra:

I leave it up to personal choice about whether Serpentmen should be bipedal or lack lower limbs.  :D

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 07:12:53 PM by Onebigriver »

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 03:37:36 PM »
Just some odds and ends.

Mega Miniatures make two figures they call "Cthulu Demons". Not sure of their origins, perhaps they might suit as Hounds of Tindalos as the faces are quite canine:

There's a figure in the Helldorado range that's got a Cthulhu feel to it, called a Flesh Demon:

To quote Elysium:
"What this is, is the EXACT miniature that I was looking for, for an adventure that I ran awhile back.  This is perfect for the Call of Cthulhu adventure from the Mansions of Madness book, entitled Mr Corbitt.  this is the clost you will get to the Man Bagari creature."

That's pretty much it for now. I hope people find this thread useful and I haven't just been pissing in the wind  :D If there's things I've missed then I hope people will add them.

Offline achab

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 10:26:08 PM »
Firedragon's Spawn of the pit also has that Cthulhu feel

Offline achab

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 08:14:01 PM »
Westwind's Fighters from Witch Hunter range can be used as mutated deep ones:

Offline achab

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 10:10:18 PM »
I think Reaper's faceless horror is more shoggothish than Reaper's Shoggoth.

Offline CrumbReaper

• Librarian
    • CrumbReaper
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 10:35:30 AM »
My small range of Cthulhuminati stuff now direct from Geronimo - here's the thread

Hi all, have now arranged for Geronimo/Fenris/Ian to take over my small range of scenic pieces. Thought I'd make an official announcement here so we don't end up with hordes of pitchforks and burning torches on his doorstep :wink:

My work/life balance has hit a point where I have to be honest with myself and realise I don't have time to promote the stuff, so best to hand it over to someone that can. Ian has done all the casting for me so the quality is assured.

For all ordering an inquiries please contact Geronimo -

http://www.frothersunite.com/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1172

http://www.fenrisgames.com/

Many thanks for the support from forum members on the sculpting, am still lurking here as a member, just don't have time for the sculpts and casts now.

8)

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 08:01:45 PM »
I think Reaper's faceless horror is more shoggothish than Reaper's Shoggoth.

Have to agree, and we're not alone - I've done three of them as shoggies for commission customers to date.

Offline avolakia

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 12:10:16 PM »
 :)

Hello in very few days i have disposable the mini of dark young :)

For more images please visit the link
http://www.vesper-on.com/index.php?option=com_ninjaboard&view=topic&id=10&Itemid=5&lang=es