Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:04:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691095
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ViDe's experience and feedback  (Read 2978 times)

Offline dreamspirit

• Assistant
ViDe's experience and feedback
« on: October 29, 2011, 12:10:39 AM »
Hello folks, I run the terrain making studio Dreamspirit Wargaming, and up until now we've been playing fantasy wargames in 28mm, but decided to try out something else for a change. So we went down the scale a bit, and ordered some 1/72 stuff for ww2, and all we need now are some decent rules for platoon or a bit larger scale battles. ViDe looks interesting, but before downloading I wanted to ask community how do you feel about them? We\re not looking for a simulation but a proper fun game, and what I could see from the reviews, this looks quite interesting. So please tell me about your experiences, do you like the system? Do you find it go smoothly? Can you play without suplements for starters? Would you find it interesting enough to go back and play another game of ViDe, right after you finished first one? Do you dream about the game you had when you got to sleep ;) ?
i am really looking forward this new adventure that we sat our course on, wwII is a great inspiration for wargames, and since we're coming from the GW universe mostly, 1/72 is dirt cheap and armies easy to build (difficult to master I suppose), so I hope you'll help me decide on the rule set.

Thanks in advance,

Milos

Offline Dargoth

• Bookworm
Re: ViDe's experience and feedback
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 01:00:57 AM »
I love ViDe. I find it one of the best rule-sets I have ever played. To answer your questions:
It goes very smoothly, none of that 40k problems with wound allocation, measuring problems or time to calculate everything. It can be played very fast, with no problems of gamer arguing whether I have range or no. .
You can play with just the rulebook - there are basic lists for 4 nations. They are quite well balanced in my opinion.
Sure.
I dream of more games to came (and beautiful women ;P)
I started with wfb then wh40k then some romance with many other (SST WM/H Mien Panzer and others) and since i started playing ViDe the only other system I play is DBA (something totally different)
What I like in ViDe the most are:
The high level of abstraction that allows for a good, fun, fast game. Not bogged down with to much rules or complication (simulators are for computers not tabletop). Way the rules have been written (to counter most of the problems of tabletop games). That it's cheap. Lack of UGOIGO.
I really recommend this system

Offline dreamspirit

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 10:27:40 AM »
thanks for the reply, we are expecting our order to arrive this week,and to be honest, I can't wait to start playing WW2. As for the rules, to be honest, I expected more responses, because people were really excited about the release. Right now, we are looking into Disposable Heroes and Kampfgruppe Normandy along ViDe. We still have time to consider which system will suit us best of these three. Disposable Heroes have aircraft rules which is great, and people praise it a lot. thanks for taking the time and answering me. Best regards,

Milos

Offline Dargoth

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 12:11:09 PM »
The only thing wrong with this system is (in my opinion) lack of people that play it. As to aircraft: in my opinion they have no place in non-dedicated flayer game. They should be introduced as off-table bombardment. They just move to damn fast. Maybe with addition of being more precise than arty but at the cost of AA shooting it down. But still not with a model that moves just few times faster than infantry.

Offline dreamspirit

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 01:03:46 PM »
you're right about that, but it would look so cool on the table top it would make me go  o_o

Offline dreamspirit

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 11:03:28 AM »
Dargoth, thanks for your answers, I've made up my mind and decided to go with KG Normandy, ordered it yesterday, and it it on it's way. I hope ViDe will get bigger fan base in the future.

best regards,

Milos

Offline Dargoth

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 10:14:50 PM »
You break my hart  ;) but i still wish you a lot of fun with your chosen ruleset.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 10:03:56 AM »
Sorry for chiming in late, I was 2 weeks on vacation and the Net was not always available...
 :'(
If you have any additional questions about Victory Decision please fire away!
Even if you have now bought KGN...
;)
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de