Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:22:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690603
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Victoria Miniatures Cavalry  (Read 7016 times)

Offline Elprez

• Mad Scientist
  • LXG
Re: Victoria Miniatures Cavalry
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 10:46:44 PM »
Well, I've always liked the Praetorian figures, from before I even realised there were any other VSF-type figures,  lol.
And I've managed to pick up quite a few over time, and these figures from Victoria Miniatures compliment them very nicely.

Gutted you seem to have been caught out by customs this time,  :(
I sympathise, and it is particularly galling when they seem to make up the customs charges based on no actual facts, AND charge you a "handling charge" on top. I understand customs checking parcels from overseas, but Im not sure how they justify charging you for that checking,  >:(. Rant over...

On the bright side, I'm chuffed with the figures themselves, and assembled 3 tonight.
A little chunkier than the old Praetorians, to match the current  40K Imperial Guard.
I dont like the GW plastic horses, so I've currently got mine mounted on Wargames Foundry French Dragoon horses I had lying around. And they dont look too bad in my opinion.
http://extraordinarygentlemensjournal.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/VSFMiniatures
Still, a chap ought to look smart in front of the men, don't you think?

Offline Elprez

• Mad Scientist
  • LXG
Re: Victoria Miniatures Cavalry (and now Infantry 8/12/11)
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2011, 11:12:56 AM »

Victoria Miniatures have just added Victorian Laser Rifles and seperate arms to the parts available from their shop.
Intended mainly as Praetorian Imperial Guard for Warhammer 40K, you can now assemble infantry as well as the previously released cavalry.
Examples of some different assembly ideas are shown below.

Very useful as colonial British infantry for VSF, alongside the cavalry, kilted infantry with pith helmets are now also an option.
Bigger pictures are on the Victoria Miniatures website and on my blog. I'll put a review up on the blog as soon as I get some of these.

Offline chantyam

• Scientist
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2011, 12:15:31 PM »
Yes thats just what I need more money spent  ;) but I recieved by last order of the Rough Riders with a sample of the rifles (on a side note it was that order that occured the customs charges but a order from the US worth $32  >:() and happy to drop a few $ Aus just waiting on the piper.
gan canny kidder!

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2011, 01:55:40 PM »
So how does this work exactly?

Do you have to buy the GW Imperial Guard (which ones?) first?  And then buy the arms/guns and heads to make them into British?

I must say, however it works, the moded minis sure look good.

???

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2011, 05:48:24 PM »
So how does this work exactly?

Do you have to buy the GW Imperial Guard (which ones?) first?  And then buy the arms/guns and heads to make them into British?

I must say, however it works, the moded minis sure look good.

???

Cadians Ray. Although she has enough pieces now that you don't even need the Cadians.   

Offline chantyam

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2011, 07:35:19 PM »
I think it started with her Golden Demon entry Dooken Fell Guard or something like that, Cadian torsos on the Kilted legs with metal heads with respirators (yes I have some of those  :)) and a metal oxygen back pack -those came on sale and the range has grown from there. 

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2011, 07:42:39 PM »
Cadians Ray. Although she has enough pieces now that you don't even need the Cadians.   

Cadians, eh?  o_o

Did some quick sums and to buy all the parts needed to make one infantry came to 4.35 each. 

OUCH!