Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:26:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Season 1 - The Results  (Read 56418 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Season 1 - The Results
« on: November 27, 2007, 07:13:36 AM »
Season One - The Results

Well, that´s it for Season One of the Lead Painters´ League. It´s been a hard-fought tournament, tense right to the finish line, and a veritable feast of finely-painted miniatures and great images. Simply put, I LOVED it, every single round, every single image. Folks, you´ve been just great and exceeded my expectations by far. 38 participants, with a total of 197 teams, consisting of at least 5 figures per team and image, that´s an overall total of more than 1000 figures, more likely around 1500! Great, just great! My heartfelt gratitude and congratulations to all who participated.

And now for the Awards Ceremony.

*opens the envelope and reads*

And the winner is... the marvellous Mike D. McBrice!!! Congratulations to our first League Champion, may his paints never run dry!

First runner-up is... the daring Dominic!!! May his paintbrushes always keep their points!

Third place, in hot pursuit, goes to the zensational Zoogla! May his Lead Mountain grow in eternity!

Now for some record-breaking statistics:

- Most single votes in the League went to Erwan - 578 Votes in a mere 9 matches (just imagine he´d participated in everyone...)

- not faced a defeat - Zoogla, Erwan and Toutatis. Killer instinct, bloody damn!

- most bonus points went to - Captain Blood - 145 Punkte, full maximum you could get, top notch!

Well, that´s it. No more minis today, or next week... For now. Of course, the league will return, but not immediately - the festive Season is approaching, so get out there, tend to your loved/bethrothed/kids/cats/etc. pp.

As said, the League will return, most probably in January/February. So get some more teams painted!

And as a quick heads-up: There´ll be some rules changes of which the most important will be:

1. Bonus Points will only be available for newly-painted teams, which means, previously unpublished ones. Old teams are okay, but no bonus points for those - so get down to paint, especially over the Holidays!

2. Bonus rounds will also return, I´ll conceive some new, mean ideas for those - most likely with the previous 10/20/30 scheme.

Very well, that´s it for today. The first season is officially... CLOSED.

It´s been an honour.

Yours,
the Prof.

Offline Zoogla

• Scientist
    • http://www.zinnfiziert.de
Season 1 - The Results
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 08:11:41 AM »
Thanks Prof, for all the efforts put into this competition, it has been my honor to be part of this fun and challenging event. You can count me in for the next one...

Thanks to all who participated, hope to see you next season.

And of course, CONGRATULATIONS, MIKE. I am sure we will meet again next time :-)

Z.
please visit my miniature painting blog http://www.tinfected.eu/blog/

Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Offline dominic

• Mastermind
    • http://www.napnuts.com
Season 1 - The Results
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 08:18:12 AM »
Congrats to Mike and Zoogla!
I must also acknowledge the lovely Cthulhu entry by Capt Blood.  That was a hard fought final round!  I was scared stiff by that Cthulhu monster!

Heartfelt thanks go to the Prof for his hard work and effort in organising this excellent league!

Finally, congrats to all for the extremely high standard of painting in this competition!

You can certainly count me in for the next one!  (And I'll be busy painting over the Christmas season!!)

Cheers!

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
Season 1 - The Results
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 08:19:26 AM »
Congrtatulations to all winners and participants!
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Season 1 - The Results
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 08:34:50 AM »
Well done to Mike and everyone for making monday mornings worth getting up for!  And a big thanks to the Prof for putting the time into organising such a splendid event :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Season 1 - The Results
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 08:43:27 AM »
Congratulations to the first three !

Thanks to the Prof for running this league.

Cheers
Björn
, ,

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
Season 1 - The Results
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 08:50:37 AM »
Congratulations to the winners and well done to all who took part.

As a latecomer I felt very welcome and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the whole event, so many thanks to the organizers.

I will try to enter the next one, though I paint more singles than groups.  If the new rules count a horse as a figure I will at least have a mounted command group of three horses with three riders = six  :wink:   (Just a thought.)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Season 1 - The Results
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 08:51:59 AM »
Congrats to all, especially the 1st three, those who never lost points, and in particular to Prof for organising it. Next year should be good timing for me - looking forward to coming last, judging by the quality of work I've seen and comparing it to mine. But that's not stopped me yet, and it won't start now  :P

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Season 1 - The Results
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 12:55:46 PM »
Congratulations to everyone who participated. There were a lot of times when picking one was an exercise in futility because both were excellent.

I look forward to it starting up next year.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline revford

• Mastermind
Season 1 - The Results
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 01:19:21 PM »
Well done guys, great stuff from everyone.
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline xeoran

• Scientist
Season 1 - The Results
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 01:31:42 PM »
Great work guys. And congratulations to all.
"'Reality,' sa molesworth 2, 'is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder.'"- Nigel Molesworth

Offline W.B.Kurgan

• Scientist
Season 1 - The Results
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 01:57:02 PM »
Quote from: "Malamute"
Well done to Mike and everyone for making monday mornings worth getting up for!  And a big thanks to the Prof for putting the time into organising such a splendid event :)

Couldn't agree more!

Great idea for a league and really well run! Thanks to all involved, but especially to Alex!
Mein Flugzeug ist kaputt!

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
Season 1 - The Results
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 02:21:55 PM »
Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to all the participants. You were all very inspirational, there were many tough rounds, and it made every Monday a delight!

Special applause to the Prof for running it.

Edit: Spiffy trophy icons, too!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Season 1 - The Results
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 08:30:17 PM »
Yes, well done Mike D, Dominic and Zoogla. That was a hardfought game.  :wink:

Obviously, being a Brit, I am terribly good at losing gracefully - although I won't pretend it isn't a little bit gutting to get edged out at the last gasp. If 3 or 4 more votes had gone Mike D's way in his climactic final battle with Zoogla, I'd have sneaked through. This wouldn't have been a very fair  reflection of the talent on display of course, since Zoogla is clearly a much better painter than I am. Indeed, his Nachtjaeger are simply the most beautifully painted miniatures I've ever seen.

I'm a good painter of wargames figures - but a pretty average painter of collector's standard figures. These guys at the top of their game are in a different class. I am duly envious!

Actually, I fear it was the Prof's epic Darkest Africa panorama in round 7 that sunk me - but the competition was such a great challenge, that I entirely forgive him.  :wink:
Thank you Alex, it's been exciting.

Looking forward to the next season, although I have to say that if you're going to compete seriously it's a major drain on the time, so maybe I'll just dabble next time... :wink:

Thanks to all that took the trouble to vote for my efforts.

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
Season 1 - The Results
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 09:02:55 PM »
The best thing about it was that it really helped in finishing things that were on the painting list for far too long! :D

The standard was very high and every entry could have been discussed freely. This is what makes the place here such a great forum.

Congrats to the winners and all who participated! :)  :)
Zafarelli at 01:00 am:
\"...everything is strange in a way. ... Always."