Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:48:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Cannibal Natives finished  (Read 6473 times)

Offline jscottbowman

• Scientist
    • Scotts Wargaming
Cannibal Natives finished
« on: November 03, 2011, 03:58:32 AM »

Some cannibal natives I have finished for LotHS.

From Brigadegames Caribbean Empires range again.

A couple more close up pics on my blog.
http://scottswargaming.blogspot.com/2011/11/cannibal-natives.html

Just need to add that cooking pot ;-)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: Cannibal Natives finished
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 06:17:22 AM »
Nice.  I am working on my own cannibals, from Blue Moon's and Irregulars African figures - in 15/18 mm, and already have the pot with dinner on boil, local padre being the most appealing flavor.  Mine go by the name of Epee-kuireans.  (still working out the English spelling of their name)

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 06:36:23 AM »
OG have a 25/28 mm cooking pot in their tribal Africa range.
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 07:24:02 AM »
Hmm. Not really loving those figures if i'm honest... Not the paintwork - the sculpting. Kinda... basic  ::)
Think i'd use Copplestone's Tupi myself. But each to their own  :)

Offline jscottbowman

• Scientist
    • Scotts Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 08:45:07 AM »
Hmm. Not really loving those figures if i'm honest... Not the paintwork - the sculpting. Kinda... basic  ::)
Actually, I admit they are somewhat 'basic' sculpts, but they were not too bad a price and I was buying other stuff from Brigadegames at the time, so thought what the heck... ;-)
I think they'll work well enough, and can be added to later to bulk their numbers if needed from other manufacturers.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 09:09:37 AM »

I agree. Or the Eureka Tupis. They're nice and they have a lot of poses. But Copplestone's are my favs, hands down, for pure paintability.

Offline jscottbowman

• Scientist
    • Scotts Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 09:12:07 AM »
I thought I'd check out the 'Tupi' - I havent visited Copplestone site before...
I have to say I didnt really like them - I would agree the poses seem a bit more animated than the BG ones, but I wasnt a fan of the naked-todger-look, I also thought the longbows seemed too long for use in dense jungle type terrain, and the warriors looked like a jungle artillery crew who had lost their ballista ! ;-)

I do like the look of these: Blazeaway miniatures - headhunter cannibals, but am not sure how many different poses there are?
I also quite liked many of the Aztec/Incas from Foundry, but Foundry are quite a price if you can't find them on ebay or get them at a deal...

However I am glad I looked at the Copplestone page,as further down there were some nice vehicles I could use or get inspirtaion from for my upcoming VSF project! So thanks for the heads up :-)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 09:51:26 AM »
I agree. Or the Eureka Tupis. They're nice and they have a lot of poses. But Copplestone's are my favs, hands down, for pure paintability.

Beware the Eureka Tupi are nice (more basic in sculpting) but very small compared to Copplestones which are very tall

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 09:53:24 AM »
I thought I'd check out the 'Tupi' - I havent visited Copplestone site before...
I have to say I didnt really like them - I would agree the poses seem a bit more animated than the BG ones, but I wasnt a fan of the naked-todger-look, I also thought the longbows seemed too long for use in dense jungle type terrain, and the warriors looked like a jungle artillery crew who had lost their ballista ! ;-)

I do like the look of these: Blazeaway miniatures - headhunter cannibals, but am not sure how many different poses there are?
I also quite liked many of the Aztec/Incas from Foundry, but Foundry are quite a price if you can't find them on ebay or get them at a deal...

However I am glad I looked at the Copplestone page,as further down there were some nice vehicles I could use or get inspirtaion from for my upcoming VSF project! So thanks for the heads up :-)

The bows are about right for Tupi and other tribes such as the Aimore they were effectively long bows. Todgers out was also a theme of Tupi as they fought naked and shaved heads so they couldnt be dragged into the opposing battle line and be captured and eaten lol

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 09:59:03 AM »
Outpost have some woodland indians in their Inca range which would work fine. I also have a shed load of Tupi form Lizards grin, quite crude but at £20 for 60 I couldnt resist.

What no one does is Carib or Arawak indians which were often the foes of the Pirates etc though they soon died out through disease and slavery.

If you can get a copy of the Mission as a painting guide for south american indians and you will see how the Tupi should look though the natives in the film were I think Guarni from further south

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 10:00:39 AM »
Not dragged by the todger?  :o

The bows are about right for Tupi and other tribes such as the Aimore they were effectively long bows. Todgers out was also a theme of Tupi as they fought naked and shaved heads so they couldnt be dragged into the opposing battle line and be captured and eaten lol

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 11:36:40 AM »

But they didn't mind being grabbed by exposed handles and dragged into the opposing battle line to be dealt with inconsiderately?

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 11:37:01 AM »
Not dragged by the todger?  :o

Grrr.. you beat me...

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 01:01:30 PM »
I guess they had more of a walnut whip

rather than a full hampton when fighting naked, I know it would bring a lump to my thorat if I was facing a canibal with designs on my todger ;)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 01:06:34 PM »
Interestingly I picke dup 3 of these blighters on ebay wrongly described as africans! wish I had cash to get more done