Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:51:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Eureka 28mm randomness November Part 1  (Read 8812 times)

Offline cdm

• Scientist
Eureka 28mm randomness November Part 1
« on: November 04, 2011, 02:59:55 PM »
I'm just about out of internet quota, which means my tap gets shut off instead of throttled, so I'm uploading some new items I received today and the rest in about a week's time.

All items are the usual Eureka 28mm to eye height figures with generally slim builds.

George Formby George Formby in classic pose playing a Ukulele. He leans on a separate gas lamp post which plugs into his base. The top of the post is detailed with a regular old style square gas lamp

Frog Princess A slightly short and dumpy frog princess bearing an umbrella over her shoulder

Revolutionary Wars France
Cantiniere A lovely uniform attired lady with her mule and covered cart. The cart is in 4 pieces - base, 2 wheels, and a cover. To dress up the cart there is a victuals pack released with little bits and pieces. I may photo it for next session, it's very fiddly to get the bits in focus properly - loaves of bread, bottles, rabbit, buckets, etc

Representative of the Revolution on a Mission An ambassadory looking officer type, no doubt based on some real thing I have no inkling of

Field Bakery A nice set composed of a small resin field oven, a baker with a pole to place loaves in the oven, a small stack of grain bags, a small stack of firewood, a large table on which goes a separate large dough lump with has 4 fine holes in it. There is a lady baker who walks over the dough and has 2 small pins to fix to the dough and through it to the table below. It may not be clear, but she' pulled the back of her skirt up through her legs to prevent it dragging in the dough. There are also 2 labourers which attached to the fine holes on the outside of the dough to align them a little as they kneed the dough as well.

The Duelists 2 camp followers who have slipped into a short skirt and uniform jacket for a bit of distraction causing pillow fighting. A nice bit of whimsy to liven up your cossack raiding party vignette or whatever may tickle your fancy

Sword Sharpeners 2 labourers working on a grinding wheel. The turn crank for the wheel is cast attached to the base and slots into a fine hole in the wheel axle. This then fits to one guys hands while the sword guys rests his weapon fairly neatly on the wheel

Wheelwright A labourer seated on a separate one piece cast bench. He works shaping a lump of timber

Officer Personalities Four foot and 1 mounted officer with a bit of flair and variation over the standard officers. There is a separate bicorne for the officer without hat, so you can put it on him if you so desire, or place it in his hand.

Revolutionary Zombies I finally received the full set of Revolutionary French Zombies. We have the original Napoleon at Arcola resin bridge with metal handrails all zombiefied up, but I reckon it would fit pretty well in a ruined jungle setting. The rails don't fir the bridge 'out of the box' and need a bit of rebending/aligning to make them sit a little better. There are also 8 figures for the bridge. Napoleon in typical Boney pose in long coat and tricorne, Napoleon in his Arcola bridge crossing pose( shown in a much earlier post), a standard bearer with a half a body impaled on the top of the banner, the legs walking separately, a zombie catching a fleeing soldier and eating his brains and 2 charging

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
Re: Eureka 28mm randomness November Part 1
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 03:02:24 PM »
Wow. Just wow. Top notch sculpting and great ideas.

Offline Big Martin

• Scientist
  • Wargamer, Re-enactor & Failed Historian
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 04:50:32 PM »
Glad to see that George Formby "turned out nice again". :D

Got to get me one of those.
Tutenes, Atque Cujus Exercitus?

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 05:16:30 PM »
Thanks for posting the pics.  Interesting collection of minis.  I have to admit to being surprised by the George Formby mini; I wonder what would make a sculptor decide to do such a thing?  Will doubtless be fun for pulp players though.  Great likeness, although I generally don't like minis that require that something be added to their base, as is the case with his lamp post.

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 07:53:10 PM »
George Formby ... with his lamp post.

We need a matching Mussolini: "I'm hanging from a lamp post at the corner of the street ..."
Back from the dead, almost.

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 07:56:48 PM »

The Duelists 2 camp followers who have slipped into a short skirt and uniform jacket for a bit of distraction causing pillow fighting. A nice bit of whimsy to liven up your cossack raiding party vignette or whatever may tickle your fancy

By strange coincidence, I just found this on TGN ( http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2011/11/04/52033/ )

Fiendish Fabrications release a new game

Pillow-A-Go-Go is a game of pillow wielding combat where scantily clad young beauties engage in frenzied action for dominance of the Supra-Kingsize Comfy Divan. It is available as a free PDF download at Fiendish Fabrications. Just go to the website and follow the links.

Players take control of teams of 2 or 3 girls and attempt to knock the stuffing out of their rivals using their pillow fighting skills and a few dirty tricks along the way...

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 11:33:18 PM »
That uniformed girl and her kit looks like she could serve as a supply train or camp base for those lovely Hinterland Girls.
This is my boomstick!

Offline Elprez

• Mad Scientist
  • LXG
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 11:41:31 PM »
That uniformed girl and her kit looks like she could serve as a supply train or camp base for those lovely Hinterland Girls.

My thoughts exactly,  :).
I'll keep an eye out for that turning up at Fighting 15s.
http://extraordinarygentlemensjournal.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/VSFMiniatures
Still, a chap ought to look smart in front of the men, don't you think?

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 12:40:37 AM »
Really, really interesting.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 03:50:19 AM »
I really don't need any more reasons to look at Eureka's minis! I've already got a mental shopping list that's far too long! Thanks for reminding me about George.  The first time he was mentioned, I went and downloaded some of his more well-known video clips from YouTube.  Must see if I've still got his record album.  Must be in the 'archives' down the basement somewhere.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 03:54:12 AM by archangel1 »
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 06:51:39 AM »
Wow  ;D

Any release schedule?

Offline Old Goat

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 08:55:56 AM »
I have to say I met with them down at the recent Sandwich show, what a lovely chap and what an incredible selection of beautiful sculpts...

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 12:10:14 PM »
Lovely, lovely, lovely... Although the yet another foray into epoch weirdness feels a bit unnecessary to me.

But George Fornby...Cool!

Now there's a famous talkie queen
She looks a flapper on the screen
She's more like eightie than eighteen
When I'm cleanin' windows

She pulls her hair all down behind
Then pulls down her... never mind
And after that pulls down the blind
When I'm cleanin' windows

Offline cdm

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 10:52:25 PM »
My good guessage is that most have actually been available for a few months from the shop as my shipment has been delayed a long time. I expect the Revolutionary French items will get a speedy formal release. If there's stuff you'd like now, I'd suggest sending an email and asking for pricing and availability.

Considering their latest release has just shown off Lady Godiva whom I've had since 2005 (though on a different horse which was resculpted in 2008), for George or the Frog Princess I'd definitely inquire about purchasing rather than wait for a formal release.

Wow  ;D

Any release schedule?

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 03:25:49 AM »
A great selection of stuff there. I actually went to the Eureka shop + factory (even got the guided tour!) but I didn't see all these. Probably a good thing, as it is very easy to spend money there. Walked out with the entire set of new US moderns and lots of other goodies, though.

A word on the Frog Princess:

That's by me! :) I took the conversion to a show here and showed Nic, the rest is history. As you can imagine, I'm really chuffed to see it in production.