Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:29:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Braxandurs paint jobs - Reaper Bones - Goldar the Barbarian pg 2  (Read 8507 times)

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Braxandurs paint jobs - Reaper Bones - Goldar the Barbarian pg 2
« on: November 15, 2011, 02:32:18 PM »
I'm going to try to keep al my paint job in as little as different places, so I hijacked my own old thread and will try to keep on adding to this.

So, my first miniatures painted in my new home.

I thought about starting an Ogre army and as a first test painted this guy who was brought out by fenryll for the tsunami in Indonesia years ago. This model was painted over a white undercoat, something that I seldom do :)

My plan actually was to have a chaos Ogre army, so I swapped some bit and came up with the following Lead Belcher:

While looking at the amount of Ogres that I would still need to order I saw that I would have to spend a lot of money. Then again, I still had some Rackham Wulfen...  For a chaos Ogre army, some werewolf types would fit the bill nicely. I'm still looking for a few more of these models,* but already have enough for a nice unit (aboout 10 of them) of bruisers.

This model is still a work in progress and at the meanwhile a test to see how the blueish skin would look :)

*if anyone has a few he or she that are for sale...  please drop me a pm :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:28:55 PM by Braxandur »
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Start of an Ogre army
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 03:01:23 PM »
The Fenryll Ogre is OH-SO-COOL...perhaps not the height of realism, but in it's cartoony way it has a tremendous amount of character. He & his associates are VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Hubbynz

• Scientist
    • Halfling House
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 10:43:22 PM »
I really hate the new GW ogres but really like your conversion on him. If you make an ogre army full of old skool citadel ogres I will marry you.

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 11:51:51 PM »
If you make an ogre army full of old skool citadel ogres I will marry you.

Seconded!

Fenryll chap is ace and nice work on the new chaps too.

Offline G2

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 12:50:15 AM »
Nice looking Ogres. Definately not very GW-ish, and that is a good thing. Keep up the great work.
-------------------------------------------
Standing Small - G2's Miniatures Blog
-------------------------------------------

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 09:51:10 AM »
Not sure how happy my girlfriend will be with me marrying someone else... but I appreciate the compliments :)

I'll do my best to keep them looking old skool. Sadly, the new models are quite a bit taller then the newer models, so I can't readily mix both in a unit, but perhaps some units on their own would work...  Let's see how many of them I can dig up from the lead pile

Offline Chaos Wolf

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »
I love the chaos leadbelcher!! Looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 03:00:19 PM »
Love the big fella with the cannon!
 :-*

Nice conversion work.

Never seen the Fenryll ogre before, but he does look good and gave me a chuckle too..

Cant wait to see what you come up with next.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Re: Ogre army (update 24-22-2011)
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 08:03:30 AM »
Last week I showed some work in progress shots of my wolfen. Three days ago it was ready and waiting for the varnish. This morning, just before going to work, I shot some quick pictures of the happy fellow. I must say that I'm quite happy with him and am planning to paint another one next week. Since I have five of them in the same style, it would make up a nice unit in the end. Here are the pictures of the finished "product":

I'm free to paint whatever I want, but am trying to finish at least one model for my Ogre army every week. I already started on the model for next week and might even finish it tomorrow, which off course as not a bad thing.

This time I didn't really do a lot of converting on the fellow. Instead of the standard GW Ogre head, I used a head from a heresy Fantasy Football Ogre.  It just fits better in my chaos theme imho. Again, I used a shield from the chaos marauders as a bellt plate. Maybe convert the next Lead Belcher more, or add a small chaos familiar/chaos gnoblar with him. I'm still undecided, but some I think you can expect some more heads from heresy :)

anyhow, picture time:

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Re: Ogre army (update 01-12-2011)
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 08:09:38 AM »
Another week is almost past and my army again grew a bit.

First of the wolven that was almost finished last week:

These boys take up a lot of space, but still fit together quite well in a unit:

For size comparision here's a shot of the these two together with an Ogre:

Instead of finishing the model that is mean for last week, I started to work on two other models as well, partially bacause I'll be using the same colours and partially because I'd like to varnish all the models in one go.

First here is a shot of how the first unit is shaping up. You can also see clearly on this picture how I start on the Ogres. Just GW foundation colours. the next step is citadel and artist ink washes.

I found the guy on the next pictures skulking in one of my lead storage boxes titled:"big guys" sadly the old (jes goodwin) Ogres in there don't really fit in with the rest of the army (size wise). It is a big Reaper miniaturs model. Might be brought out as an ettin, though I'm sure about that. Sculpted by sandra garrity and interesting to paint. He doens't have a lot of paint slapped on him, but is included anyhow in this post to show what I'm working on.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Re: Ogre army (update 01-12-2011)
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 12:00:12 PM »
Hi guys, here is the next update for my Ogre army.

First of, I finished the 3rd Leachbelcher:

Here is a groupshot of the three of them together.

I still need to varnish the models and maybe add a few more thing to the bases to make them a bit more interesting

Here is the model that I will be using as my general. At least at the moment. Maybe he'll be replaced by another model later on and maybe not. It just depends on which miniatures I come across :

Next up, a few more wolven. After that I might need to buy some mournfang cavalry or some of the big beasties. I also found some RAFM call of cthuhlu models that might do a good job a Gorgers, so you can expect some of them in the future as well.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Re: Ogre army (update 18-12-2011)
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 04:37:28 PM »
Very nice work on both, but I especially love the general, well done and great choice of model!
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 10:20:32 PM »
After posting my plans about the RAFM model to be used as a Gorger, I just had to start workign on it.

It's still a wip shot, but I just wanted to show the model :)

Sizewize, he is a bit large...  Luckily since my army will not be proper "Ogre Kingdoms" but rather Chaos Ogre Horde, I think I can use the model without an problem. A friend of mine advice the name "the PMS nightmare" beacuse of the disturbing face the model has...

anyhow here is a size comparison shot:

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 10:30:38 PM »
Nice new additions, especially the general (WTF! Where is that from?!?).

(Not sure about the gorger yet, but will reserve final judgement until you have finished it.)

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »
Nice new additions, especially the general (WTF! Where is that from?!?).

(Not sure about the gorger yet, but will reserve final judgement until you have finished it.)

The General is from Reaper Miniatures. They have a lot more interesting Ogre types in their range that can be used. They are actually one of those evil companies that keeps bringing out miniatures that I like. I keep saying to myself that one day I'll just order for a few hundred euros worth from them and be done with it. But it never happens, I always get sidetracked by things like ebay...  Where I just spend 25 quid on the entire C20 Troll set from citadel :)