Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:40:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691076
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 841
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Braxandurs paint jobs - Reaper Bones - Goldar the Barbarian pg 2  (Read 8508 times)

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Re: Ogre army (update 18-12-2011)
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 07:20:32 PM »
I managed to finish the "Gorger" and although I'm not really happy with the skin/belly of the figure and am thinking about another higlite on top, I am open for any suggestions at the moment.

If anyone has any suggestions about the skin, please post :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:36:44 AM by Braxandur »
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
Re: Ogre army (update 22-12-2011)
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 09:46:47 PM »
It looks fine to me.

I think that if you went too much farther with the highlights it might end up with a really stark contrast, and I don't think that's what you're going for.

Maybe a really thin green wash to give the skin a slight tint?

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Re: Ogre army (update 22-12-2011)
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 08:06:03 AM »
Not much going on paintingwise on the Ogre army.

I did manage to get a coat of matt varnish on my models.

The Gorger immediately looked better, so that made me happy.

Aside from that I painted a unit champion for the Wolven. Sadly his torso somehow fell from his legs after he was varnished...  I blame it on my cats..  In my haste to repair him I seem to have put the torso at a bit of an angle and will fix this later on. I'm not really happy about how his skin turned out and might revisit this when I'm busy with my Butcher stand in.

Still need to do the basing, Just showing how he will be standing in the unit:

Also tried my hand on getting a nice shot of the army so far, which sadly turned out to bright. Still for completeness sake, I'm including it:

I needed a small detour from the Ogres as a break and normally that would mean painting something smaller...  not this time though. Here is a "small" addition I am working on for my Beastmen Army:

Thanks for the nice words, Not it's back to work...  :(
Let's hope the day is over soon, so I can get back to painting :)

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Re: Ogre army (update 02-01-2012) (PIC HEAVY)
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 11:01:03 PM »
It's been a while since I added something new to this topic, but I've been painting quite some ogres lately. So far most of them were just base color + washes to make them toernament legal. To get back into them and do the highlites, I needed some inspiration and something else to paint and started un Urbad from the Darklands kickstarter.

Not sure yet how this guy is going to fit into my Ogre Kingdoms army, though probably as a man eater or a character choice.

Anyhow, here is a wip:

There is still some detail work and basing to do, which will probably be done in a day or two. After that I expect that the bones and Zombicide season two.

Offline Limaike

• Librarian
    • Trollwood
Re: Ogre army (update 02-01-2012) (PIC HEAVY)
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 07:10:23 AM »
Some lovely stuff here. The general is especially good. I wish they'd included him in the kickstarter.

I like your complete disregard for brand boundaries.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Re: Braxandurs paint jobs - Reaper Mr Bones pg 2
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 05:09:49 PM »
Last saturday my bones arrived :)
Off course, as could have been expected I was not there to receive or open the pacakge as  I was out of town on a stag party My girlfriend nicely guarded the box and made sure I had something to do on hangover morning :)

Today I was a day with a lot of thing to do around the house, but in between I managed to wash do the hot water - cold water show with all the models with bent parts. and off course, I had to test my new reaper paints and see of they really go on the model with no problem at all. It's not that I don't believe what other people have already shown, I just need to get a feeling how the paint will flow.

Mr. Bones himself was nice enough and volunteerd for this job. After all, I had fixed his bent shovel, so this was the least he could do for me.

I quickly found out that the Reaper paint behave quite differnt then my citadel, P3 and vallejo. It looks like the paint already starts out a bit thinner. Nex to this, the paint was flowing nicely on some part of the model and less on other parts. I'm also going to test some primers and see if I can find one that is tolerated by the bones.

Anyhow for about an hour of work I'm not that unhappy and have now my first bones miniature ready for basing (not yet sure if I'm going to base him though)

Here he is, Mr bones:

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 07:26:15 PM »
All of these models look tops. I especially like the blue-skinned wolves, really nicely done.

So nice of Mr. Reaper to volunteer as a test subject. I'm sure he's happy with his lovely purple robes. :)
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 09:11:23 AM »
Not only did I manage to finish my firts Bones™, but I'm also nicely underway with my 2nd one.

In the meanwhile, on my blog I posted the unpacking of the Bones, just to wet the appetit of the people still waiting ;)

You can find the post over here:
http://braxandur.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/bones-in-da-house/

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Re: Braxandurs paint jobs - Reaper Bones - Goldar the Barbarian pg 2
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »
Here’s the second of the Bones minis that I’ve finished. It’s the Bones version of 03461: Goldar the Barbarian
This fellow was painted with the Reaper Flesh color and washes, just to see how they would look. It took a bit more than an hour to paint him, but not much more.

At the moment I’m sure yet if I’ll put my bones on some wargaming bases, or leave them as is.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:30:33 PM by Braxandur »

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
    • http://ironworkersminiatures.blogspot.com/
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2013, 11:14:07 PM »
I just painted that mini last night!  Oddly enough I used almost the exact same color scheme.   lol

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 06:17:11 AM »
I just painted that mini last night!  Oddly enough I used almost the exact same color scheme.   lol

lol

Somehow the only part of the model where I thought about the color scheme was the rear tabard (?) which in the end turned up black because bright colors didn't feel right. The rest of the miniature almost painted itself.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2013, 08:28:48 PM »
Very nice brush work on the barbarian. Looks great.