Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:34:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Zitadelle planet last battle  (Read 1502 times)

Offline vonsirius

• Assistant
Zitadelle planet last battle
« on: November 19, 2011, 08:50:13 AM »
My son and myself decided that this battle (the 5th ) was to be the final one , so Emperograd´s fate was to be decided this time. I taked the rol of  Ork Speditionary Force maximum boss, while my son commands the allied forces on imperial side. This was what happened this day (in creative English, indeed!);

The encircled city of Emperograd tried  to resist the XIII division “Gorko” continuous attacks.
Changes on atmosferical conditions allowed  Imperial side to count with some replacements.

Imperial guards, Squats and Astartes fight side by side to save the last imperial stand on Zitadelle Planet.
Ork forces begins to attack the center  of allied lines killing the whole Squat force but the Superheavy Goliath tank,who begins his own war with ork tanks , killing 2 of them.

Meanwhile Astartes  launchs  a counterattack to annihilate the Ork´s HQ with the support of a Terminator squad teleported on the battle (the other squad was teleported some Km. east from the right place), only Ol´rok Bullneck survived but he alone finished off more than eight space marines before be killed by a Brother Captain Gladio´s bolter bullet (at the back!).

At this time the fighting extends for the whole city, after a lot of failed activation rolls, finally orks got fighter planes support and a giant Mecha appears!

Gladio and his men tried to destroy the awesome machine in a hopeless close combat, finally Gladio hooked a magnetic mine and I failed a lot of dice rolls, and the powerful machine that counted with energy shields, a lot of antipersonal  weapons and so on , suffers some internal explotions and falls before my eyes!

3 of 4 objectives was on imperial hands, the last orks on the table decided to fight to the last “man” (a 6 on a d6!).
Finally 4 of 4 objectives on allied hands, and XIII division “Gorko” ceased to exist as a fighting force! .. at last for the moment!!!

A great FUBAR battle, what seems to be an ork easy victory at turn 4 becames a completely ork defeat at turn 10!

We saw heroic actions, tank duels, gretchins ambushing imperial soldiers, helicopters crashing, awful dice rolls, fantastic dice rolls, and a great  father and son time… what more can we ask?

Pictures here;

https://picasaweb.google.com/realvonsirius/ZitadellePlanetFinalBattle

Offline Chaos Wolf

• Scientist
Re: Zitadelle planet last battle
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 01:40:42 PM »
Sounds like it was a lot of fun! Great pictures.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Zitadelle planet last battle
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 07:26:27 PM »
Looks like a great and climactic battle! Campaigns just add so much more involvement to games... 8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!