Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:04:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp in Nazi Germany  (Read 4574 times)

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
Pulp in Nazi Germany
« on: December 05, 2007, 02:14:04 AM »
Because I spent a small fortune on European scenery for my WWII and Weird War II gaming I was wondering if any of you Pulp in Europe?  I usually play in Nazi Germany where a group of scientists, Jews or other wanted peoples are trying to escape and commission the help of a merc or is being helped by one of the Allied powers.  We set up a huge city with Police check points, sentry rotations and motorized patrols as well as civilian traffics and about a dozen other side stories that could influence the games.  I usually have a script broken up in game turns of what is going to happen outside of the players controlled minis.  This could include a bar fight of Germans on leave spilling out onto the street, running into a traffic accident or even getting involved with another secret Allied mission that just went bad and has caused the Gestapo to shut down the town.  All these events can alter the game if one side is having to easy of a time or is getting hammered.  I've kinda gun out of ideas so if you could suggest any game ideas I'd appreciate it.  If you are more knowledgeable of day to day life in Nazi Germany or even one of the occupied countries what kind of Pulp would be possible?

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
Pulp in Nazi Germany
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 07:09:37 AM »
I've seen hangmen also die on DVD a few weeks ago, this could be a great senatio. Or why not send in two exiled Czechs and go kill Heydrich as in reality? Prague looked not that different than german cities in the 40ies. You might alter this to an attempt on Hitler, Himmler or kidnapping von Braun (if into science).

Try to find out what really happended on 20th July '44, steel the plans of the Maus and end up in an escape using the Prototype.
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Pulp in Nazi Germany
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 05:12:07 PM »
Quote from: "Poliorketes"
Try to find out what really happended on 20th July '44, steel the plans of the Maus and end up in an escape using the Prototype.

:lol:

I can´t help thinking about Sideshow Bob´s daring and dashing escape from the aviation show using... the Wright Flyer...

"Our planes are to fast! We´ll have to intercept him on foot!"

:lol:

On topic: I guess there´s a lot of possible Pulp game scenarios using European scenery - for example, a raid on Heisenbergs nuclear research facility in Haigerloch (not that it worked, but you get my point). And we all love those haunted castles holding hordes of Hitler´s henchmen heady... errr, ready to invade the U.S. using their Flying Saucer air fleet...

;) :mrgreen:

Offline DS615

• Scientist
    • Fandango Alpha
Pulp in Nazi Germany
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 12:39:13 PM »
The Nazi's went wild with the...uh...not normal technology in real life.
Playing out in pulp...good grief you could do virtually anything.

In real life, they developed a Vortex cannon that created whirlwinds.  It worked, but they never used it.  They developed Cold Shells for AA fire that forced ice to form on plane wings.  There is evedince that they did use those, and SAS documents credit them with some kills.
The saucer shaped crafts are real but not efficent.  Dozens, if not hundreds, of underground bunker labs were built all over the Reich.
They developed a jet that inadvertantly displayed high stealth characteristics.  They developed Radar absorbing paint for use on submarines.
The Germans exparimented with diffrent drugs to cause diffrent effects on humans, looking for a real life "super-soldier serum".  (They found out vitamin B combined with sugar is the best for grantng alertness and endurance.  Guess what's in modern "energy" drinks?)

Rockets, lasers, nuclear, fuel air bombs, saucers, stealth planes, secret labs, check points, and fanatical units.  What else could you ever need?
- Scott

Offline Torradas

• Librarian
    • http://meiatorrada.blogspot.com
"And Lo, thou shalt close your legs in a snapping action whence your miniature slips from your hand when you are painting. And the paint will be fresh, and your trousers will be soiled, but you will smile - because the mini was saved"
Book of Lead-a-Holics, 3:16

Offline assi

• Scientist
Pulp in Nazi Germany
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 01:50:31 PM »
Great Book, i could read it once until some Buddies snagged it away from me and nearly beated each other to Death about the Topic who could borrow it first ;)

I give it Three of Three Up Nazi Super Tanks, the SS Space Programm is really cool to read!
Oh sure. Everybody's in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but when you put it in the body of a Great White Shark, ooh, suddenly you've gone too far

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
Pulp in Nazi Germany
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 02:33:01 PM »
And don't forget the 'Lofer' sound- gun the Germans developed and tested.
It actually worked but apparently the range wasn't sufficient.
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
Pulp in Nazi Germany
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 07:51:10 PM »
Maybe you could incorporate some of the competition within the Third Reich into your games.  Some of the leaders were busy building up private competing empires withing the Third Reich: Abwehr, SS, Luftwaffe, etc., each with their own objectives for loot and power.
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Pulp in Nazi Germany
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 03:18:14 PM »
Day to day life was pretty much the same as it had been before - at least for those peole who just wanted to go on living. People developed a habit of not seeing what you didn't want to see or convincing themselves that the terrible things they did in fact wittness were just the actions of a few too eager people.

However, things did happen. Experimenting on living people in concentration camps are one of these things. And here we are pretty much in the area of the evil scientists trying to come up with a new supersoldier or the like. It is a matter of personal taste if you feel comfortable with the idea of a raid of -hm- e.g. Polish resistance fighters trying to free one of their buddies before he ist turned into some kind of Franckenstein monster or the like.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Pulp in Nazi Germany
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 10:36:56 PM »
There's always the possibility of an air raid - perhaps a bit mundane, but fairly frequent as the war went on. Some raids were a bit more exotic - such as Mosquito raids on Amiens prison or Gestapo records offices.
You could watch "633 Squadron" or "Mosquito Squadron" for fictional plotlines or "The Dambusters" for a true story. You could always look at "Where Eagles Dare" too.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Pulp in Nazi Germany
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 11:42:39 PM »
Quote from: "Doomhippie"
e.g. Polish resistance fighters trying to free one of their buddies before he ist turned into some kind of Franckenstein monster or the like.

Had some balls, those lads from the Tajna Armia Polska. Fair play to them. Must have taken some kind of resolve to try to get into Auschwitz, when every fibre of your being ought to be telling you to put as many miles between yourself and the place as possible.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
Pulp in Nazi Germany
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 02:20:46 AM »
Hellboy begins in WW2 as well.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin