Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:13:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690935
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 704
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Blackwater Gulch miniatures  (Read 14179 times)

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
Re: Blackwater Gulch miniatures
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 03:39:04 AM »
Hey Necros, welcome aboard! I'm really looking forward to the new minis! Gambler looks great, can't wait to see the rest!
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline Leetje

• Bookworm
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 09:04:31 PM »
It really looks great. Will they be plastic ?

But why did they have to be so big? :-(

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 09:42:51 PM »
It really looks great. Will they be plastic ?

But why did they have to be so big? :-(

Its the natural order of things, I get older, loosing my eyesight, and as a compensation I get larger miniatures. Hehe!
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 09:48:28 PM »

And no plastics, they will be metal. Plastic is just way too expensive to start out with, but I do hope to do plastic some day.

I've always been a Warhammer player up until now, so I never even stopped to think about the other sizes for western minis out there. So, from the start I planned for the scale to be 28-30mm. However, if you already have a nice collection of miniatures, there's nothing stopping you from using what you already have. You can just pretend that everyone in your gang is short :)
Blackwater Gulch - Gangfights in the Old West

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 02:54:09 PM »
Howdy Folks

Just a quick update... I recently got the master copies of the bounty hunter figure and all of his guns, and shipped a couple off to a painter who will be doing the "official" paint jobs to use for things like ads or box art, etc. Now production molds need to be made and the models get cast and packaged and then it will be ready to go. Everything is taking a lot longer than I thought, I'm learning the hard way just how long it can take to get 1 little product released. But, at least now I'll know and can plan ahead for next time. So right now it's looking like mid-late January if all goes well. Followed by the Gambler in mid-late Feb and the Prospector in mid-late March. I may be able to get the prospector and doctor together and plan to do 2 per month from then on.

Anyway, when all is said and done, it's looking like the gang leaders that have the figure and weapon sprue will all be $11.49. I have to admit that's higher than I hoped.. If I do the packaging myself I could save a bit, but with all of the shipping back and forth, printing, etc, it'll end up being roughly the same anyway in the end unless I can do like 10,000 copies at a time and I don't see that happening anytime soon. I thought about not packaging and just shipping out the model in a little ziplock bag, that would work for me selling off my website but that won't work for retail stores, meaning I'd have to raise prices later on. So I figured it would be better to just start with a nice looking finished product from the get go.

when I start doing henchman models, they'll come 2 per pack for hopefully the same price so 5 man starter pack I'm guessing will be around $35... but that's a ways off.

So now I just have some more waiting around to do, and pray that everyone I know gives me money for xmas :)

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:56:05 PM by goon3423 »

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 03:59:21 AM »
The Gambler Gang Leader is finished! I'd like to call it a green, but this one happens to be gray.

His weapon options will be a Bowie Knife, Hand Axe/Hatchet, Colt 45 or other revolver, a Derringer pocket pistol, and an extra hand with a deck of cards for fun. Maybe you can count them as throwing knives? :)

In other news, the Bounty Hunter is finally in the home stretch, and if all goes well (famous last words) I hope to have him available in a week or so :)

Here's the gambler pics :)

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 08:36:02 AM »
Hm.  The first variant looks just right for conversion to a stake and a mallet.
Back from the dead, almost.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 11:17:12 AM »
Cowboy vs. vampires... now that has a ring to it... ;)
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 06:50:46 PM »

And just a slight niggle before you cast, that card spread is all wrong, too wide sorry. Least it's just a hand, easy to fix.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 07:41:49 PM »
, and an extra hand with a deck of cards for fun. Maybe you can count them as throwing knives? :)

Nope, he's a spell slingin' huckster with a 'tell'   :D

And just a slight niggle before you cast, that card spread is all wrong, too wide sorry. Least it's just a hand, easy to fix.

Have to agree, the end cards would fall out of his hand, please change that.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »
The minis are very good looking, and never mind the eternal whiners, the hand is just fine. I like the way the cards are spread out, now even I might be able to paint something nice on them :)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 02:57:03 PM »
The minis are very good looking, and never mind the eternal whiners, the hand is just fine. I like the way the cards are spread out, now even I might be able to paint something nice on them :)

Comments and critiques not whiney buddy, the last card will drop, once sorted you'll still get your spread to paint with happy families characters  :D

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 08:43:07 PM »
I'll see how the cards look for real once I have the model in hand, it doesn't bother me that much, it was just an extra piece added in for the fun of it anyway. But if it looks bad in person I'll see about fixing it. I could remove that last card, but how can he have 5 aces if he's only got 4 cards? :)

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 09:14:35 PM »
The mini looks a little bow-legged (that may be the angle of the pics though). But overall it looks great! I just pre-ordered the Bounty Hunter, I'm sure I'll be buying this one too!