Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:03:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690879
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Blackwater Gulch miniatures  (Read 14177 times)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
Re: Blackwater Gulch miniatures
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2012, 04:30:24 AM »
The Bounty Hunter Gang Leader is now available!

$11.49 (usd)

You can get him directly from my site at http://www.gangfightgames.com.

Some would call them a Jack or Jill of all trades, Bounty Hunters excel at catching a man dead or alive... Usually dead. To get the job done, they master of a variety of weapons and tend to be stronger than most. Some bring only criminals to justice, but most will go after any bounty that pays well enough.

Bounty hunters gain +1 Strength when first recruited. They are known to use a wide variety of different weapons, and to reflect this they may use equipment one level higher than their current Ranged or Melee Combat Attributes with no penalty. Additionally, If your Gang Leader is a Bounty Hunter, any friendly model within 12" of him may reroll their Morale roll if they fail.

This package includes 1 Bounty Hunter Gang Leader Body, 1 Bounty Hunter Weapon Sprue and 1 30mm round plastic base. The included weapons allow you to equip your Gang Leader with a Rolling Block Rifle (Longarm), Coach Gun (Shotgun), Colt 45 (Pistol), Bowie Knife or Tomahawk (1-Handed Melee).

The size and scale of the figure is compatible with most "28mm Herioic" miniatures, standing 30mm to the eye, 34mm to the top of his hat. Model supplied unpainted. Not recommended for children under 13. Made in the USA, from good old fashioned white metal.

Sculpted and designed by Pedro Ramos.

Thanks everyone for your interest :)
Blackwater Gulch - Gangfights in the Old West

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2012, 10:10:22 PM »
Your website looks great, Necros, and congratulations on making your dream a reality! I look forward to future releases to fit into Weird West scenarios here at home. The upcoming Gambler looks aces  lol

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 11:30:15 PM »
Mine should arrive by Friday  :)!
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2012, 05:21:30 PM »
Thanks :) I'm hoping I can get the Gambler done quicker than the Bounty Hunter took. I had him sculpted around the end of November, so it ended up taking almost 3 months start to finish. But I think now that I have the whole process down it will go faster now. I'm hoping he'll be ready in the beginning of March, but no idea yet at this point.

And thanks for buying, Goon.. you were my very, very first order :) But then right after you pre-ordered I suddenly started getting a bunch more :)

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2012, 06:30:06 PM »
Happy to be the first! The sad fact is that there are very few companies making new Western miniatures (guess it's not grimdark enough  lol) & as an avid painter of Old/Weird West I try to support new companies that make a good product. I hope this is a big success for you & I am able to give you a lot more of my money in the future! I'll be eagerly waiting for the next one.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2012, 04:46:21 PM »
Howdy Folks

Long story short, I just reduced the price to $9.99 for the Bounty Hunter Gang Leader.

Here's the long story: So, the model was just released a few days ago, but it's been a fairly common complaint across the boards that the price was just too high for 1 figure. There's a few things that drove the price up, such as the weapon sprue, but mostly it's the fact that I had my production / casting company handle the packaging so I had to pay extra labor for that too. However, I now have all of the supplies needed to package everything myself, and that will cut my costs down a lot going forward.

My next miniature, the Gambler Gang Leader, will cost less because I'll be packaging myself, estimated at $9.99… but it didn't seem right to sell the Bounty Hunter for more so I decided to drop the price to match. This would really only effect my profits on the bounty hunter if I were selling to distributors, and that won't be happening for a while, so that's nothing I'm really worried about.

So, yeah, price dropped, and the NEWSTUFFS promotion is still valid unti the 15th too :)

Also, to thank the "early adopters" that paid the higher price for the bounty hunter, I'll be adding a store credit of $1.50 to your accounts, that you can use on a future purchase. I can do a paypal refund instead, if you prefer. Contact me if so!

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 05:15:49 AM »
Some new updates. First, I decided instead of releasing 6 gang leader models, I'm going to focus on getting 2 "starter sets" sculpted. I have 2 leaders done now, so I'll be doing 8 single sculpts now. There will be an outlaw themed gang and a lawman themed gang. Lawman gang will have the bounty hunter leader, Prospector, Doctor and a Deputy and Ranger for henchmen. Outlaws will have the Gambler gang leader, gunslinger, wrassler, bandit girl and a drifter. Anyway, these starter sets will come with quick start rules and a gang roster so it's ready to play out of the box, but people can still make up their own gangs if they want. I'll still be selling each model separately too. I just want to have these 10 models set as my first main goal, then I'll start working on adding more figures and other starter sets for different themes like Mexicans or Indians, etc.

So, next on the sculpting block I have Patrick (same guy that did the Gambler) doing the Prospector, it'll be the gang leader concept, only without the extra hands. He'll have a miner's pick and a stick of dynamite, and I'll probably add in a pistol holstered on his hip.

Then I have the bandit girl henchman (henchwoman?) that will be sculpted by Igor "Brother Vinni", her concept is below :) Also have a gunslinger and wrassler concepts below too, these 3 will all be outlaws. And I have some more concepts coming in the next week or so. Might be updating the wrassler to have a gun on his hip or a shotgun over the shoulder. It's the old west, so everyone needs a gun, even the melee classes :)

Here's the Bandit

And the Gunslinger

And the Wrassler

Offline Cadet13

• Scientist
  • "Now I have a machinegun. HO HO HO."
    • http://chucksnapwargames.blogspot.com/
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 12:31:54 PM »
These are pretty awesome, especially the wrestler. I've actually been looking for a big, brawler type for my western project... am looking forward to seeing more updates. :)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 02:16:19 PM »
I have been eyeing the Bounty Hunter and the Card guy, now the last 3 concepts look great!

When you get a gang done are you going to bundle them into a pack at a discount?
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 02:33:33 PM »
Yeah the artist was going for a kind of carnival strong man type of guy, I liked that idea since it's something you don't normally see, but still fits :)

I hope to make the starter boxes cheaper than buying separately. I don't know by how much since it's so far off but I'll see what I can do when the time comes. I do want to include the quick start rules and a gang roster so I'm hoping the printing won't drive up the costs too much. It should be ok though. I'm thinking of using Mantic games' plastic boxes for my starter sets. They're kind of like a DVD case, but thicker and with foam inside so after you paint everything it can also be like a carrying case too, and they're actually pretty cheap to buy wholesale. They mark them up a lot on their site...

http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Paints-and-Hobby/Bags-Bases-and-Cases/Carry-Cases.html

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2012, 06:00:35 PM »
Yeah the artist was going for a kind of carnival strong man type of guy, I liked that idea since it's something you don't normally see, but still fits :)

I hope to make the starter boxes cheaper than buying separately. I don't know by how much since it's so far off but I'll see what I can do when the time comes. I do want to include the quick start rules and a gang roster so I'm hoping the printing won't drive up the costs too much. It should be ok though. I'm thinking of using Mantic games' plastic boxes for my starter sets. They're kind of like a DVD case, but thicker and with foam inside so after you paint everything it can also be like a carrying case too, and they're actually pretty cheap to buy wholesale. They mark them up a lot on their site...

http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Paints-and-Hobby/Bags-Bases-and-Cases/Carry-Cases.html

Here is what I would suggest to offset costs. The roster goes into the rules, consolidate pages.

Also, offer a free excel spreadsheet and also download the editor for Army Builder (and get them to add your game system to the list, not sure if they charge for that). This day and age everyone likes the digital format when it comes to building an army list. Make it point and click player friendly.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 10:21:36 PM »
Yeah, I love Army Builder. I tried building my own data files and all I got out of it was a bad headache. Way beyond me. I'm actually looking for a programmer that can help me build an online gang builder. Something that will let you build and save your gangs, share em, rank your wins and losses if you play against others with online gangs, etc. Problem is I have no real budget for that just yet, so it might take a little while to get that together.

I think for the starter sets though, it will be more cost effective to do the rules and rosters separately. I plan to have a bunch of different starter sets, so instead of printing a whole separate rules booklet, it will be easier to use the same rules for every starter and just have the roster as an insert. But, I was also wondering if it might be worth it to use cards instead of a roster sheet, like games like Warmachine. And I think in the long run the only difference in price for cards vs a sheet (both full color glossy cardstock) would only be a few cents. Then, going forward, I could also include those cards in with the clamshells when people buy those models separately.

Offline Mississippi

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2012, 01:47:20 AM »
Bandit looks GREAT!!!!  When will she be available?
Never tell me the odds.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2012, 01:57:29 AM »
Yeah, I love Army Builder. I tried building my own data files and all I got out of it was a bad headache. Way beyond me. I'm actually looking for a programmer that can help me build an online gang builder. Something that will let you build and save your gangs, share em, rank your wins and losses if you play against others with online gangs, etc. Problem is I have no real budget for that just yet, so it might take a little while to get that together.

I think for the starter sets though, it will be more cost effective to do the rules and rosters separately. I plan to have a bunch of different starter sets, so instead of printing a whole separate rules booklet, it will be easier to use the same rules for every starter and just have the roster as an insert. But, I was also wondering if it might be worth it to use cards instead of a roster sheet, like games like Warmachine. And I think in the long run the only difference in price for cards vs a sheet (both full color glossy cardstock) would only be a few cents. Then, going forward, I could also include those cards in with the clamshells when people buy those models separately.

Excel is your friend, there is several games that have rosters coded. Find an Excel person bribe them with minis.

As for the cards you have to ask yourself this, do you want a stock game like Warmachine or something more flexabile that people can change around like Legends of the Old West. You will get your card vs roster answer.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2012, 04:39:45 AM »
Bandit will be a little while yet. He's going to start sculpting her next week, so I would hope to have her ready to go some time in April if all goes well. Sculptor is in Russia though, so it will probably be a good 2 weeks just waiting for shipping.

Anyway, for the rosters and stuff.. I kind of want both options. You can make your own, or you can use pre-made characters if you're the lazy type. I'm going to start by adding some sample characters to the website to go with each new model, and I'd do the cards if people really like the idea. I was going to start by making a card sized PDF that people can just print out, plus a blank card template for people to make their own. And then also keep the roster sheet for people to use too if they want that. I just want to give players lots of options :) So, a character card wouldn't be a rule that's enforced, just an example really.

Same goes with models, like you can use the bounty hunter figure, but make him a gunslinger in your games, or a prospector, or whatever. Only thing that really matters is try to keep things WYSIWYG and let your opponent know who's in your gang :)