Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:39:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fistful of Lead video review  (Read 5301 times)

Offline constrict

• Bookworm
Re: Fistful of Lead video review
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 03:37:58 AM »
This looks interesting, I will get this one. Should be excellent to get my girlfriend and my soon to be 6-year old son into gaming!

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 01:27:17 PM »
Most of the games I play now have to be fairly quick and simple out of necessity. I have a large group that meets every Thursday, and one table. We've got 3 hours max to get a game in. Most people that play, don't have minis of their own so I'm providing most everything. That puts most campaigns out of my reach. I have hard enough time painting my own stuff, let alone painting for the other guys.
-J

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 11:08:44 PM »
Most of the games I play now have to be fairly quick and simple out of necessity. I have a large group that meets every Thursday, and one table. We've got 3 hours max to get a game in. Most people that play, don't have minis of their own so I'm providing most everything. That puts most campaigns out of my reach. I have hard enough time painting my own stuff, let alone painting for the other guys.
-J

You and me both  :)
Mice-Aat-Arms Miniatures and Rules: https://rrbminis.com/mice-at-arms/

Offline Jan

• Bookworm
  • English isn't my first language. Forgive me. ;)
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 07:15:58 PM »
Sorry for digging this Thread out, but i just want to say, that it was good to see this review on Youtube.
Like the rules and the way you can modify them.

It is very cool, to use the rules making a suiting (a bit more complex) version of my own, after a first test game.
Lot of fun to expand them. Can't wait to play them.

Cheers,
Jan
X-Wing | Oak & Iron | Old West & Sci-Fi Skirmish (WiP)

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 05:01:19 PM »
Next month or so the expanded rules will out. Adding ore scenarios and a campaign system. Working on a custom set of playing cards, too. Stay tuned.

Offline northtroll

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 07:54:51 PM »
The first time I played FFoL was at Enfilade with Eric Hotz as referee on a table full of his awesome paper models. I was hooked to say the least. I have a small collection of various Western rules, and I have to say this is my go to set of rules. Fun, fast, and easy sums it up nicely.  As far as expense goes, you could probably plunk down about $50.00 and purchase the basic Whitewash City starter set, and some figures and you'd be good to go. A small piece of felt or cloth isn't too expensive either. Heck, you could play this with plastic cowboys and Indians on a tan sheet covered with rocks and sticks, and it would still be fun!  I'm going to put a plug in here for Knuckleduster miniatures. If you want to game the Wild West you owe to yourself to check out these figures!