Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:22:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Too Many Rippers! (Answered)  (Read 4016 times)

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
Too Many Rippers! (Answered)
« on: December 12, 2011, 08:25:19 PM »
If I remember correctly, when Foundry first released their set of Jack the Ripper figures (converted by Kevin Dallimore from other items in the Foundry range) Each Ripper had an individual name corresponding to a suspect in the original Ripper case. These appear to have vanished from the Foundry website. Can anyone provide the information on which suspect corresponded with which figure?

Aaron Kosminski

Sir William Gull

Doctor Pedachenko

Francis Tumblety

"Leather Apron"

Montague John Druitt

James Maybrick

"The Lodger"
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:47:13 PM by Heldrak »
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Too Many Rippers!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 08:57:29 PM »
As seen above there are 8 figures in the set.  I have no idea which if any were made to reflect specific Ripper suspects, but I was surprised by this since I had always thought there were only 5 key suspects: Prince Albert Victor, Robert or Roslyn Donston, William Gull, Montague John Druitt, and Aaron Kosminiski.  But apparently I am way off the mark because I have found that the number of suspects are probably closer to a dozen.  This is a fun posting and I hope someone has an answer to your question.

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 09:23:02 PM »
RAeey listed in KD's painting book?

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 09:53:23 PM »
You could contact Kevin through the Steve Dean Forum  and send him a PM ?
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 10:06:14 PM »
IIRC, one was called simply "Leather Apron", and another was called "Korzeniowski" or some such. I was hoping that someone would have a Foundry flyer with the names.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 10:27:49 PM »
Sorry, can not help you, but if you don't need all of them, I would be interested in one ;)

Offline THE CID

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 06:55:34 AM »
Francis Tumblety is now one of the main suspects, he was an American quack doctor who fled back to the states after the murders. He was in a White chapel boarding house at the time.  THE CID.
Ive seen things you people wouldn't believe - Roy Batty.

Offline Flashman14

• Scientist
    • One of My Men Became Restless
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 01:07:07 AM »
 There's a Wargames Illustrated article  that has all the Foundry figs with a small write up on each of the suspects if that helps at all ...
"One of My Men Became Restless" focuses on 15mm Horse & Musket periods and 25mm Horse & Musket, Fantasy, Horror and Victorian everything! Occasionally there'll be stuff of related interest but it's mostly a painters blog.  See it all here: http://flashman14.blogspot.com/

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 01:11:24 AM »
There's a Wargames Illustrated article  that has all the Foundry figs with a small write up on each of the suspects if that helps at all ...

That sounds ideal - Do you know what issue number it is? Does anyone have that issue?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 08:15:52 AM »
Walter Sickert, an artist, was a popular candidate a couple of decades back. I think one of these is meant to be him...

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 09:07:38 AM »
Walter Sickert, an artist, was a popular candidate a couple of decades back. I think one of these is meant to be him...

Some of his paintings are indeed a bit outre' for some tastes,didn't know he was candidate till now; only knew him as an example of English impressionism,and I must say he was a cracking painter,a fave of mine. Perhaps a more earthy painter than what is commonly thought of as impressionism? As I've said elseware,I like the dark ;)

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 02:13:13 PM »
... As I've said elseware,I like the dark ;)

Wow, such an admission, on the Gothic Horror forum. Who'd have thought?  lol

I remember him being mentioned. Interestingly, I caught a bit of a show that had a descendent of an American doctor, Francis Tumblety(?), and the family sounds like they are championing the good doctor as suspect.

Doug
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 02:20:37 PM by The_Beast »

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 04:06:04 PM »
Sorry, can not help you, but if you don't need all of them, I would be interested in one ;)

Drop me a pm i have some spare  :D

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 05:04:58 PM »

Patricia Cornwell wrote a book posing Walter Sickert as the prime suspect, I remember seeing a TV programme with her being interviewed discussing her evidence. I subsequently bought the book, but it does no more than any other book on the subject and I am sure her evidence has now been contradicted.

Tumblety is up there on the list of likely candidates, in fact my prime suspect. Why? for no other reason than he was a Johnny foreigner and therefore more likely to commit such a terrible crime than an Englishman :D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 06:16:46 PM »
Patricia Cornwell wrote a book posing Walter Sickert as the prime suspect, I remember seeing a TV programme with her being interviewed discussing her evidence. I subsequently bought the book, but it does no more than any other book on the subject and I am sure her evidence has now been contradicted.

And she destroyed one of his paintings searching for supposed "forensic evidence".  Words fail me.
Back from the dead, almost.