Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:59:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686465
  • Total Topics: 118101
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Who makes the best USMC in 28mm?  (Read 12518 times)

Offline jtrnka

• Scientist
    • http://www.diewaffenkammer.com
Re: Who makes the best USMC in 28mm?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 11:44:51 AM »
I'm not a big PTO collector but my collection is made up of the PacWar/Brigade and TAG ranges. Both are excellent.

Don't have any of the new BAM stuff so I can't comment, I have a large collection of the early BAM ETO figures by Paul Hicks and they are still my favourites for that range, most of my stuff is Artizan and they are excellent.

Looking forward to your order Kane. If you like Artizan you'll like what's on the horizon from Die Waffenkammer.  :)

Cheers.

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 02:40:30 PM »
I was always very interested in the Brigade PacWar line, the prohibiting US/EU custom regulations have always stopped me to get into it big time.

We ship dozens of boxes overseas every week. In almost 12 years of business we have only been told of 1 issue with customs and that was over 5 years ago (and the order was enormous and heavy.)

I am sure if customs fees were an issue we would have had comments sent our way (as no one is shy these days) and seen a decline in business from overseas but that is certainly not the case.

Contact me via my contact page, email or IM here if any of you would like to discuss.
Lon Weiss
BrigadeGames
Boot Hill

http://www.BrigadeGames.com

http://www.BrigadeGamesMinis.com

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/brigadegames

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrigadeGames

IG: https://www.instagram.com/BrigadeGames<br /

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 02:50:29 PM »
We ship dozens of boxes overseas every week. In almost 12 years of business we have only been told of 1 issue with customs and that was over 5 years ago (and the order was enormous and heavy.)

I am sure if customs fees were an issue we would have had comments sent our way (as no one is shy these days) and seen a decline in business from overseas but that is certainly not the case.

Contact me via my contact page, email or IM here if any of you would like to discuss.
Please do not get me wrong, orders from you went thru, no problem.
The problem is the German customs /tax. Everything about 20,00 EUR value gets taxed.
 :-[
15% and on top again 19% Sales tax.
 :( :(
That is the reason why I only order once in a while some small stuff...
 ;)
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 03:41:59 PM »
While I do like BAM minis, some of the later releases (after being acquired by Warlord) also have a strange "ring/ vibe" for me.
I do not know where to put it, maybe the poses and faces are now too much Comic style...

As far as the Warlord USMC Box is concerned, I recently bought it and was delighted, some flash but not more than usual in the industry. The poses are unique and just love the separate head and equipment options. Very easy to build hardened Raiders out of the box!
I have painted one already (will show him this weekend).

I was always very interested in the Brigade PacWar line, the prohibiting US/EU custom regulations have always stopped me to get into it big time.
I have the Japanese Anti-Tank/Demolition Team from the Brigade range and liked them the most from all the Japanese lines (West Wind, TAG; haven't seen the recent Warlord release - but I do not like them for the same reasons from the pics I saw) I have or saw.

I like the style quite a bit too--very Sergeant Rock looking. I don't see how you can do Raiders "out of the box" when the box contains, what, 2 SMGs and 1BAR?  A Raider force would have a much higher proportion of SMGs than that. In fact, you can't even do 1 Late War Marine squad out of the box as there are only 2 BARs, while the standard Late War squad comp would typically be 3 fire-teams with 1 BAR each (at least on paper.)

(See Brigade Games Raider pack for what a Raider squad should look like in terms of composition.)

Don't get me wrong--I love having an abundance of choices and really like the BAM sculpts; I just really miss the clean castings as prepping minis is one of my least favorite things. I also disagree that the casting flaws are about average for 28mm figs. But that's just my opinion of course.

Steve

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 04:16:35 PM »
I like the style quite a bit too--very Sergeant Rock looking. I don't see how you can do Raiders "out of the box" when the box contains, what, 2 SMGs and 1BAR?  A Raider force would have a much higher proportion of SMGs than that.
I was talking about the look, not the equipped weapons...
 ;)

I love having an abundance of choices and really like the BAM sculpts; I just really miss the clean castings as prepping minis is one of my least favorite things. I also disagree that the casting flaws are about average for 28mm figs.
Well - my box was OK...

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
    • SBMiniguys Blog for all things OstFront
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 06:37:21 PM »
Say, speaking of Raiders -- what's the platoon organization for a USMC raider unit? I'd like to do a unit based on the 1st Raider Battalion, which saw action at Tulagi, Gudalcanal and New Georgia.
Cheers,
-John-
Play the game, not the players!
http://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
Author for THW/NUTS, Rebel Minis, HR Games

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
Please do not get me wrong, orders from you went thru, no problem.
The problem is the German customs /tax. Everything about 20,00 EUR value gets taxed.
 :-[
15% and on top again 19% Sales tax.
 :( :(
That is the reason why I only order once in a while some small stuff...
 ;)

You always buy them via an Europe stockist.

I believe both Northstar and Wargames Command Post carry Brigades PTO stuff in the UK - of course the lack of import duty to Germany will only apply until our seemly inevitable (and IMHO ill judged!) exit from the EU! lol

Offline BAMeyer

• Assistant
    • Company B
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 07:20:21 PM »
Raiders would be cool to have, plus some coast watcher and melanesian guide types.

The Diggers in the Pacific collection within the Brigade PacWar line includes two coast watchers, a pack of natives with a traditional weapons, a pack with rifles, a pack with smgs, a pack of strecher bearers and a pack carrying baggage.  If you want to use them in Burma theres a native on an elephant.

Offline BAMeyer

• Assistant
    • Company B
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 07:25:47 PM »
That's new! Something your not telling us Bruce? Do you mean anti-tank troops?

Hope you are enjoying sand, surf and water.

Helen

Sorry Helen, I do mean the six pack of Anti tank fellows. 

Sun is good, sand is good, substututung vodka for water.

Bruce

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 07:37:08 PM »
Say, speaking of Raiders -- what's the platoon organization for a USMC raider unit? I'd like to do a unit based on the 1st Raider Battalion, which saw action at Tulagi, Gudalcanal and New Georgia.
Cheers,
-John-

There were several organisational changes during this period. The Osprey book on the Raiders provides great detail on the org.

My Raiders go as far as Bougainville for their actions.

Let me know what you are after and hopefully we can go from there.

Cheers,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 07:38:35 PM »
Sorry Helen, I do mean the six pack of Anti tank fellows. 

Sun is good, sand is good, substututung vodka for water.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce, good to know "Surfs-Up."

Helen

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
    • SBMiniguys Blog for all things OstFront
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »
Hi Helen,
I'm looking primarily at Tulagi and Guadalcanal.
Thanks!
-John-

There were several organisational changes during this period. The Osprey book on the Raiders provides great detail on the org.

My Raiders go as far as Bougainville for their actions.

Let me know what you are after and hopefully we can go from there.

Cheers,

Helen

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 08:39:18 PM »
You always buy them via an Europe stockist.

I believe both Northstar and Wargames Command Post carry Brigades PTO stuff in the UK - of course the lack of import duty to Germany will only apply until our seemly inevitable (and IMHO ill judged!) exit from the EU! lol
Hmm, have to hurry up then...
 lol ;)

Offline BAMeyer

• Assistant
    • Company B
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 10:41:48 PM »
Bog Standard TOE  Quite a number of exceptions existed

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain