Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

What should be the next Victory Decision releases?

Early War (Germans, French, Polish, Belgian – Field Guides and Army Books)
3 (6.3%)
Pacific War (Japanese, Chinese, USMC and Chindits – Field Guides and Army Books)
10 (20.8%)
Desert War (DAK, 8th Army, French and Italians – Field Guides and Army Books)
8 (16.7%)
Back of Beyond (Complete Rulebook otherwise pretty much as the WaW book)
4 (8.3%)
Modern War (Complete Rulebook with Lebanon 1982 as a setting)
2 (4.2%)
Modern War (Complete Rulebook with Soviet/ Afghan War as a setting)
0 (0%)
Generic Weird War Rules (example units and army lists and guidelines to create your own forces)
8 (16.7%)
Generic SF Rules (Complete Rulebook with example army lists and guidelines to create your own forces)
13 (27.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: January 18, 2012, 07:35:52 AM

Author Topic: Planning the Victory Decision releases  (Read 14961 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Planning the Victory Decision releases
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 05:18:43 PM »
It honestly depends on the outcome of the Poll.
If the majority is against WWII, who am I to argue?

Do not get me wrong I am fully planning to bring out all the above and more, it is a poll what to do first.

How would generic sci-fi rules fit to your miniatures collection?
I hope greatly. I am NOT aiming at a GW clone or so. More for settings like Terminator, Fall Out, Dune, Wing Commander Ground combat, Aliens, Bug Hunting etc etc.

Oh, there will be no points formula. More like generic troop types that can be equipped via the unit options.
Same for vehicles.
I think I will include some basic vehicles and options to fit them to your models.
Example: Stats for Light, medium and heavy vehicle.
Option to choose the movement type (Hover, tracked, wheeled etc.).
Depending on vehicle class you can then equip the vehicle with weapons, transport options etc.
One time done you have the stats for your vehicle.

The same would go for weird war. Let’s say you have a late war German army but really love to include a DUST walker. You chose Walker type, add the weapons done!

By using this approach I am very confident that it is possible to create a lot of different units that fit to the established historical units.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:21:34 PM by Agis »
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline tiberius_mannius

• Schoolboy
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 06:47:47 PM »
I am torn. I would love to see a Pacific book sooner rather than later, but I got a pile of sci-fi would like to use.

hmmmmmm....guess let's say Sci-fi then Pacific!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 07:48:38 PM »
Lets wait until the Poll is over!
 ;)
Even if SF wins big, some more WW II releases will be 1st since they are already more developed.
But if the Poll points em towards generic SF, SF will be released soon.

Offline xothian

• Lurker
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 03:19:52 PM »
i second anything weird
and the generic sci fi seems weird enough ...just miss plaguezombie mobs and some triffids ;)

ciao chris

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 05:27:09 PM »
After the poll we can start discussing what setting / units HAS to be included. I will be open to suggestions.
 ;D 8)

Offline pbeccas

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 09:41:10 PM »
Hmm, even at the high abstraction level of ViDe?
On a Platoon level the forces are that different, I am really reluctant to justify it.
What are the differences - besides a higher Ld value - in your opinion?
Convince me and I write the list...  ;) ;)

Hmmmm.  Lets see.  More Australian ground troops engaged in the south pacific war than USMC and US Army.  Does that justify a list?  100,000 Japanese fighting in the New Guinea campaign 42 to 44.  A few thousand Japanese on Guadalcanal.
Militia Units organised as WWI Platoons in Early War.
Australian Independent Companies.  Massive difference to anything British.
Australian Platoon structure, different weapons, each section had a marksman.  Allocation of flames throwers different.  Different armour.  Different artillery in the form of Mountain Guns and Baby 25pdrs.  Bofors AA used in direct fire roles.

Would like to see the Dutch added to the Pacific Book as well.
There will be no Dunkirk here. If we have to get out we will fight our way out. There will be no surrender and no retreat"
Australian General Les Morshead. Hero of Tobruk.

Offline Dargoth

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 03:56:18 AM »
Soviet TM - Well it even has Aerosans in it...  ;)
:-*
Can't wait.

"Oh, there will be no points formula. More like generic troop types that can be equipped via the unit options."
So we'll get a human (4+ 6+ blahblahblah) and we can clad him in power armor/combat armor/wishful thinking, arm with standard assault weapon/support weapon/AT/QCQ and equip with augmented sensors/camouflage ability/medkit etc...
Something like that?

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 08:23:05 AM »
:-*
Can't wait.

"Oh, there will be no points formula. More like generic troop types that can be equipped via the unit options."
So we'll get a human (4+ 6+ blahblahblah) and we can clad him in power armor/combat armor/wishful thinking, arm with standard assault weapon/support weapon/AT/QCQ and equip with augmented sensors/camouflage ability/medkit etc...
Something like that?
Yup, like that. Save 6+ generic low tech, Save 5+ todays armour, 4+ Power Armour.
After the poll is closed I will detail it a bit more with some examples.  8)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 08:38:33 AM »
Hmmmm.  Lets see.  More Australian ground troops engaged in the south pacific war than USMC and US Army.  Does that justify a list?  100,000 Japanese fighting in the New Guinea campaign 42 to 44.  A few thousand Japanese on Guadalcanal.
Honestly, makes no difference as far as the rules are concerned. I am absolutely willing to do an Australian list, but I was already flamed at TMP that I just want to make money with additional lists, so if the Platoon level differences are not big enough, I have difficulties to justify a separate list for Australians / NZ.  :-X

Australian Independent Companies.  Massive difference to anything British..
True, that is a different story. I absolutely agree. Did they saw much action?
I am reluctant for the above reasons.  :?
Just do not get me wrong, Dishing out a British list, modify one or two entries and press an AUS sticker on it is simple enough, I just do not want to do it.  ;)

Australian Platoon structure, different weapons, each section had a marksman.  Allocation of flames throwers different.  Different armour. 
Each rifle section had a Sniper? Can you detail that?
What do you mean with different weapons? (Are you aware that Victory Decision uses 1 stat for all Bolt Action Rifles…)
In which way was the allocation of flamethrowers different?
Armour? Are you referring to the Sentinel? That is already covered in the Technical Manual.  8)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 10:36:23 AM »
Don't be interested in the "flaming" at TMP. You never threaten me with a gun to buy Victory Decision or an supplement.
For the guys who want to save money it is easy to buy only the stuff they need...

Maybe you can bring the Aussies in an other supplement...
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 10:52:02 AM »
Don't be interested in the "flaming" at TMP. You never threaten me with a gun to buy Victory Decision or an supplement.
For the guys who want to save money it is easy to buy only the stuff they need...

Maybe you can bring the Aussies in an other supplement...
"Flaming" was a bit drastic, but they have a point, I do not want to end like FoW with countless variations of the same thing...   ;)
My modular approach for the supplement wants to achieve exactly what you said "to buy only the stuff they need".
 8)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 02:31:29 PM »
So the voting is closed and the dice are cast…  ;D :o
The results are very interesting to me. Before the Poll I was under the impression that early war WW II or Modern War are the most pressing releases, but looking at the numbers of the Poll I have to shift my focus.  ::) ;)

As said before the very next release is the Romanian Army Guide. I aim for a 28/29 January 2012 release date.

The USMC and Japanese Army Guides are in the works, the Chinese, Chindit and Australian Independent books will be started soon. If all goes well I hope to have the USMC/ Japanese books ready in March 2012. March / April will se the rest of the Pacific related books.

After that I have to reserve some time for Gear Krieg followed by the Generic SF book.
Following the remaining list of the Poll the rest of the year might see WWII Desert War and Generic weird war rules.

I hope that the result makes you as happy as me, very interesting projects are ahead, thanks to all of you for participating!  8)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:50:01 PM by Agis »

Offline pauld

• Scientist
  • Being disintegrated makes me very angry!
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 02:35:48 PM »
Missed the poll but Weird War 2 sounds rather delicious - I've seen and been thinking of buying the Rebel German Zombies and Werewolves anyway.  Just need some 15mm mechas

and I have a bucketload of unused 28mm Sci Fi gathering dust so that's good for me too
No dear, they are not toys, they are models

Offline Sevya

• Student
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 05:50:29 AM »
Has any thought been put toward a book on the irregular forces of WWII? I'm referring to forces such as the French Resistance or the Soviet Partisans.  I think a lot of interesting scenarios could come out of including these forces.

Sevya

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 03:41:44 PM »
I have already drafted a file featuring Maquis, Partizans and Volkssturm.
However - right now I would like to stick to the above established release schedule.

Next is the Australian Independent Company Field Guide (this weekend!).