Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:17:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686613
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 757
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What I Painted In December 2011  (Read 8742 times)

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
Re: What I Painted In December 2011
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 04:07:59 PM »
Doesn't seem to be covered by the Forum ruls, Marine0846:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=16293.0

What I generally do is to post a different photo here of the same models, clustering together related minis of which I've posted separate photos elsewhere (though I must admit that I repeated the Captain Christmas photo because I forgot to include him in my second group shot).

Perhaps the Mods could offer guidance.  Hammers?  Prof?

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
I don't see any harm in it. Members are politely asked not to start multiple threads with identical content (usually done because they think it fits in two areas, and you end up with the thing being split into two conversations where one would be better, and it also annoys some people for being a sort of spamming - the thing to do is just pick which one board you think fits it best).

But adding your pics here as well as in whatever thread they were already in isn't quite the same thing as that, and doesn't really cause that problem (at least it hasn't so far). These threads are more of the nature of a slide show than a conversation, so it isn't an exact duplication. Like a kind of digest version of what has been going on the previous month. As Steve says, you might see something you like from a part of LAF you usually don't visit.

If someone does want to start a big conversation about your models here, you can always direct them to the original thread if you like. Either way it isn't really a big deal, I think everyone is pretty chilled out about it. But what does rile a small section of the membership is finding the exact same thread cropping up all over the place. To be honest that doesn't do much harm either, but it is a bit messy, and thus is against the rules.

But "What I painted in..." has become something of a little LAF tradition. We don't want to put a damper on it by saying "nyah, nyah, you posted those there, you can't post them here" and making loads of new rules to suck the fun out of it. So I would say go for it. This is just my opinion, though, not company policy.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:26:47 PM by Plynkes »
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline lfoster

• Assistant
  • Feel free to be free.
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 02:48:46 AM »
Not much from here.  I went nuts with shades of brown paint and finished up a gate for the palisade for my Dark Ages game and in my, "Now for something completely different.." moment I repainted some 28mm Spartans.  There are some awesome minis on here, Comrades!  Nicely doen.  A very productive December.
Don't you oppress me!

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 12:46:53 PM »
Only 40  ::)

Your slacking  lol

Unfortunately, I did! lol
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 01:05:55 PM »
What did I paint in December? Feck all!  :(
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.