Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:00:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690458
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 710
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: King Tiger and Fallschirmjagers - Finished  (Read 3108 times)

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
King Tiger and Fallschirmjagers - Finished
« on: March 21, 2012, 05:16:30 PM »
Hope my German is correct!

Here's the finished article (well I might sneak another FJ on the back - Offensive are sending me some more, and their Kubel riders are, IMO the best figs I have seen)

This Tiger will be on Offensives stand at Salute!

With Tiger 1 (which I have on ebay at present)

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
Re: King Tiger and Fallschirmjagers - Finished
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 10:36:14 PM »
Top notch!

Really like the weathered and worn look of the tank.

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 02:45:55 AM »
Nice work on the camo of the tank and the infantry. 
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline Dave C

• Librarian
  • No one enjoys a good laugh more than I do...
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 07:00:48 AM »
Wonderful & inspiring work. I shall have a good look at salute too.

I agree with your comment about the Offensive figures

Dave C

Offline Kane

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 04:17:29 PM »
Same here. Offensive has some of the highest quality at the moment in my opinion. Great job on the Tiger and minis!
Daaaaaaaaaaaaah !

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 11:34:01 AM »
I hate that I am in Australia and miss seeing Salute in person.   Other than that I love living here with the rest of the convicts  :D

Stunning work!

The King Tiger looks brilliant!  What scale is it and who makes it?

The FJ's look very nice as well -even if they are riding on a giant Allies please bomb me now target  >:D
'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 01:34:33 PM »
I hate that I am in Australia and miss seeing Salute in person.   Other than that I love living here with the rest of the convicts 

Stunning work!

The King Tiger looks brilliant!  What scale is it and who makes it?

The FJ's look very nice as well -even if they are riding on a giant Allies please bomb me now target

G'Day cobber!

I would love to live in Australia! I visit NSW a lot as my brother lives there! I have a few Ozzie clients and have done a good few antipodean subjects. I will post some if you like, as they must be my favorite subject.

The tank in question is from the Ardennes offensive in late '44 where the weather was so poor it negated the allied air supremacy. Hence the German units moved up in daylight (through mud and traffic jams!)

Sneak preview:

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 01:37:31 PM »
Oh sorry

The tank is 1/60 scale and it is a reclaimed old Corgi Diecast I did up with my range of cast metal details (tracks afv tools etc). I  do them to commission.

Have a look at the wip shots in my earlier post.

regards

Bruce

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 03:13:36 PM »
Very nice. A small suggestion to improve accuracy would be to use a pale green on the FJ smocks rather than the color you've chosen. To start with, the color was much lighter, and it also had a tendency to fade significantly in the field as the dyes were not color fast. Otherwise really nice job!

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 03:50:33 PM »
I usually do use a pale olive, but I found it does not photograph, so I purposely made the green a bit more of a contast, maybe went a bit too far.

Heres some earlier ones of mine:

thanks BB

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
G'Day cobber!

I would love to live in Australia! I visit NSW a lot as my brother lives there! I have a few Ozzie clients and have done a good few antipodean subjects. I will post some if you like, as they must be my favorite subject.

The tank in question is from the Ardennes offensive in late '44 where the weather was so poor it negated the allied air supremacy. Hence the German units moved up in daylight (through mud and traffic jams!)

Sneak preview:

G'day!

Thanks for the heads up!

Where did you find the great ANZAC figures?

I hope you will post a lot more information on them and how you based them up?  They look incredible and I cannot help but want to order the figures  ;)

I did a great deal of reading up on the Kokoda Campaign for the Australians when I was in the Army.

Cheers,

Allan

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 11:05:56 AM »
I will post a new topic then!

I am reading Kokoda at present, the Fitzsimons one! My brother lent it me when I was last in Oz. Its a gripping story.

I read ANZac Fury when I was there as well.

The figs are TAG and Artizan with a few conversions. I have my own cast slouch hats so that I can convert other figs to widen the offer.

I charge £8 per finished figure, based as shown. I am on with an Aussie CMP truck and 25 pounder set, inspired by a photograph from the far east in WW2. I will try and post a photo of it. I picked up 4 CMP Blitz trucks in diecast 1/50 scale by AusTrux when I was last down there and am going to do Morshead's command truck from Tobruk with one (I took loads of pics of it when I was in the National War Memorial Museum).
I had an Aussie INf officer instructor when I was at Warminister School of Infantry, He was from The Royal Australian Infantry, not sure which battalion. Which were you in?

6th Div test firing a 25 pounder from a DUKW (it nearly happened - but that's another story)

regards

BB

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 01:44:58 PM »
I have not read Kokoda by Fitzsimons but Ptere Brune has written some very good books on Kokoda.  They are a great readbut it definitely helps if you have had some Army/Infantry training.

I started with the Army Reserve with Survey Corps and a Combat Field Engineering Squadron but finished in the Regular Army as a Military Police dog handler  ;)

Your conversions are excellent! 

The slouch hats are excellent.  If you are aiming for the Kokoda Campaign you might need an Owen gun or two.  Apparently the Owen gun could be dropped in mud, slime water... and still fire without jamming.

I will hunt down some of the Artizan and TAG figs.  They look very good!

8 GBP is pretty good per fig.  (I am guessing this is just the painting not the miniature itself).  I will definitely look out for more of your Kokoda work!

Cheers,

Allan

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 03:33:59 PM »
Dear Allan

No, £8 is an all in figure. Being in the trade I can get figs cheap.

I paint for both Warlord and Offensive.

I know the Owen gun, had a top feeding mag which helped to avoid jams. The Thompson wasn't so good in the humidity I understand.

I was an Royal Irish Ranger, short time with a regular battalion, but mostly with our 4th(V) battalion. Then a Northumberland Fusilier. Was always a grunt!

I will post some more photos soon.

regards

Bruce