Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:20:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tomorrows War AAR: The Last Stand at Red Ridge  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Raz

• Scientist
Tomorrows War AAR: The Last Stand at Red Ridge
« on: January 14, 2012, 09:20:01 PM »
Played a game of Tomorrows War this afternoon with Malebolgia. We decided on Last Stand at Red Ridge, with him playing the Brazilians (Neo-Soviets) and me playing the Green Berets (although in this case it would be the Red Berets).

The berets falling back towards the ridge

Beset on all sides by the Neo-Soviets

As the Red Berets make the first move

A unit of Neo-Soviets is quicker on the trigger, causing a casualty. Taken by surprise the remaining Red Beret froze up and failed to return fire.

The second unit of Red Berets felt the adrenaline pumping and all their training kicking in. Calmly they selected their target, took aim and fired. As the projectiles slammed into their targets, it was utter devastation. Between the two of them they took down an entire enemy fireteam.

The third unit wasn't so lucky. After failing to cause any damage on the enemy IFV, it drew most of the enemy fire. With bullets hitting the dirt all around them, their powered armour could only take so many hits. Under a hail of fire both men went down.

As soon as the Red Berets began taking hits, the medical AI installed in their armour kicked into gear. The trooper armed with the missile launcher got back on his feet quickly and another one was still able to fire on the enemy. The AI managed to stabilise the severe wounds on a third, but the fourth was beyond help. The berets still able to fight went on overwatch, except for the one with a missile launcher. He exchanged fire with the IFV without any effect.

As the Neo-Soviets tightened the noose the troopers fought for dear live, causing casualties on all enemies that dared approach. The IFV rumbled forward and then breaked hard. One of the crew was bleeding and needed attention.

In the end the Neo-Soviets managed to assault one of the Red Berets. He fought bravely but to no avail. As a last act of deviance he pulled the pin and took one of his enemies with him in the blast. This made the Neo-Soviets think twice about assaulting the other units.

In the end discipline won and the Neo-Soviets took down the remaining Red Berets, but not without a few more casualties. Only one of the Red Berets had failed to detonate his grenades and was taken captive. 3 points for the Red Berets and 8 for the Neo-Soviets, who had won the day by the sleightest of margins.

It was a very enjoyable game! Next tuesday we'll play our next game of Tomorrow's War :cool:

Offline Luddite

• Scientist
    • The Shire and everything after
Re: Tomorrows War AAR: The Last Stand at Red Ridge
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 09:41:28 PM »
Excellent!

Where are the figures from?
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo the thoughts acquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

Offline Raz

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:50:26 PM »
Thanks. The Red Berets are troopers from EM4. The Neo-Soviets are Red Bloc troopers from AT43 and the IFV is from Mongoose I believe.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 01:20:28 PM »
This is awesome. I love reading stuff like this. Great figures (em4 need to update their website pictures!) and all in all great looking game. Thanks for sharing! :D