Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:02:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Convert in the making.  (Read 3323 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Convert in the making.
« on: February 14, 2012, 02:26:28 AM »
Well, just ordered my Strange Aeons bundle set, picked Cultists II and III and the Agents III pack based on people's suggestions.

Looking forward to trying the game out as I am a huge fan of HP Lovecraft. This is a gift from my wife for Valentine's day....

So, impress me Uncle Mike!

I am either going to update my blog to include Strange Aeons or start a third based soley on that area. I do plan to write up a review and some other goodies along the way.

Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Convert in the making.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 02:59:48 PM »
I hope you make a third blog that can dedicate itself to Strange Aeons and a pure Lovecraftian atmosphere. :)

I look forward to seeing your project take off. I'm in the same boat you were when you made your last thread - on the edge of buying and getting started.  :)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:59:19 PM »
Yea, I think I am going to go with a third blog purely dedicated to Lovecraft and Stange Aeons.

On an amusing note my wife asked me the other day, "Who the hell is Uncle Mike?"
I told her that was the Valentine's day gift she said I could order...
She said, "You always have these weird companies that you order from..."
I shrug, "Just the way it is....just think of him as my weird gaming uncle and I am part of a dysfunctional gaming family..."
She laughed.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:02:36 PM by styx »

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:01:12 PM »
Yea, I think I am going to go with a third blog purely dedicated to Lovecraft and Stange Aeons.

On an amusing note my wife asked me the other day, "Who the hell is Uncle Mike?"
I told her that was the Valentine's day gift she said I could order...
She said, "You always have these weird companies that you order from..."
I shrug, "Just the way it is....just think of him as my weird gaming uncle and I am part of a dysfunctional gaming family..."
She laughed.

lol I can imagine the scene  lol

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 04:02:47 PM »
I think for next year for Valentine's day Mike should make something funny for the holiday...like:

I love you beyond death....husband and wife zombies
I have your heart....psycho chick holding a heart and knife

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 07:53:07 PM »
I think for next year for Valentine's day Mike should make something funny for the holiday...like:

I love you beyond death....husband and wife zombies
I have your heart....psycho chick holding a heart and knife

The husband and wife zombies already are an Uncle Mike's release:
http://www.strange-aeons.ca/photo/strange-aeons-miniatures/sa-011n.jpg.php
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 08:14:37 PM »
The husband and wife zombies already are an Uncle Mike's release:
http://www.strange-aeons.ca/photo/strange-aeons-miniatures/sa-011n.jpg.php

That's right, forgot about them. I did consider them for one of my three blisters...

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 02:17:56 PM »
Well, I made a deal with the devil and the wife let me have some extra hobby cash this month since I am taking up some of her housework since she has been having some issues with her foot and it has been rather bad this past week.

That said, my Valentine’s Strange Aeons order should be in this weekend or the top of next week and my new orders should be here in about a week or so, depending on overseas shipping.

That said I feel I have a great start to a good collection of models and if anyone has suggestions I would welcome them.

Here is what I have so far:

Agent with Tommy gun
Agent with sawed off shotgun
Agent with bag/satchel (all three from Uncle Mikes Threshold Team III)
Priest with Pistol (Black Cat)
Fisherman Captain with pipe and Pistol (Black Cat)
Adventurer with Shotgun (EM4)
Adventure with Rifle (EM4)
Detective with Pistol

This gives me 8 agents to choose from with a decent variety of weapons. I think I may get the 4 pack of Investigators from Black Cat (as they have flashlights and other cool items to choose from) and perhaps some generic (no visible weapons showing) types and something with a sword (Like Mike’s Agents II) or convert something.

Next up the Lurker List:

Cultists
(From Cultists Packs II and III from Uncle Mikes)
Suicide Bomber
Meat Cleaver
Cult Leader
Tommy gun
Sawed off Shotgun
Rifle armed Cultist

(Black Cat)
Pistol
Open Arms Praying
Shotgun

Other Lurkers:

Nightgaunt attacking (EM4)
Deep one in Trench coat (EM4)
Serpent Man with Robe (EM4)
Book Golem (Black Cat)
Zombie (anatomically correct!) (Black Cat)
Werewolf Leaping (BC)
Mi-Go Flying (BC)
Demon of Knowledge (Figure this could make for a spawn or conglomerate) (BC)
Deep one Hybrid with Cleaver (BC)

I also have Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings for Warhammer Fantasy among other things, so I have other resources for other odd and end monsters like extra zombies/ghosts/ghouls and such if I need them.

Based on the collection any things of something I should consider adding to the pile? Feedback is welcome from the experienced players. I am looking forward to painting these models up and start playing!

Now, I just have to see if I can find a copy of the two Shocking Tales or wait for Mike to put some PDFs out to access the rest of the cool stuff he dropped in there I can't get access to.

Offline mdomino

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 03:01:12 PM »
You've got a good starting collection there. It will take a few games to help you decide which additional figures to buy. Might I suggest getting a shoggoth, either from Uncle Mike or one of the others. It is a 15 point lurker in the basic rules and is useful for the monster attack scenario where you are allowed only one model.
Mike D

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 03:42:04 PM »
You've got a good starting collection there. It will take a few games to help you decide which additional figures to buy. Might I suggest getting a shoggoth, either from Uncle Mike or one of the others. It is a 15 point lurker in the basic rules and is useful for the monster attack scenario where you are allowed only one model.
Mike D

Yea, one of the next orders will be with him again. I like the Fishmen, the Shoggoth and some of the other lurkers he has.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 02:51:30 PM »
Just got my items in the mail last night and spent a large part of the night going over the book. Wow, good stuff in there....the material choice for the book is by far the best ever for an RPG book.

I also started the basic work on my Blog to be titled "Strange Aeons Adventures" but I didn't get very far as I was tired. So far I have the background and some layout work done.

Looking forward to slapping some paint on some minis and playing!

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 01:24:17 PM »
The EM4 stuff is sadly very tiny compared to everything else. I use their servitors of outer gods and a few other monsters but find the Deep One's very small  :?

Glad you like the book though, I too find it really awesome and mod-friendly  :)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 04:13:29 PM »
The EM4 stuff is sadly very tiny compared to everything else. I use their servitors of outer gods and a few other monsters but find the Deep One's very small  :?

Glad you like the book though, I too find it really awesome and mod-friendly  :)

Oh no, that's not good, I was hoping they would be a tad closer, I knew BC would be a tad larger like Uncle Mikes. The price and quality of the figs was nice....plus they had stuff I wanted like a Tommy Gun Det., guy with a rifle and a guy with a shotgun smoking a pipe that looked cool. I can live with a little shortness. I bought a pirate figure from Gripping Beast and he is 25 unlike the Black Cat 28+ (more like 30) so he looks a bit whimpy compared to them.

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 04:56:10 PM »
Oh no, that's not good, I was hoping they would be a tad closer, I knew BC would be a tad larger like Uncle Mikes. The price and quality of the figs was nice....plus they had stuff I wanted like a Tommy Gun Det., guy with a rifle and a guy with a shotgun smoking a pipe that looked cool. I can live with a little shortness. I bought a pirate figure from Gripping Beast and he is 25 unlike the Black Cat 28+ (more like 30) so he looks a bit whimpy compared to them.

Don´t worry about that, if the scale/size is important for you you can build different teams. I have got miniatures from very different companies and sizes and I have prepared different groups of agents. And I´m still mixing different miniature sizes in the same Threshold team. I think that in skirmish games you can live with that.

Cheers.