Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:58:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Lead Painters' League Season 6 Rules  (Read 68821 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Re: Lead Painters' League Season 6 Rules
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 06:38:18 AM »
I have a "team" of skeletons from the 1980's, Citadel and Grenadier, that I'm working on but one of the miniatures (a citadel(?) skeleton archer I got from ebay) I'm not sure of the date. I think it is pre '91 but I can't find it on Solegends. Is it okay to post a pic of it (unpainted) on here to attempt to see if anyone can identify it.

Cheers.

yes, feel free to post it as long it's unpainted.

Not sure if this comes under the lorry clarification or the horse and rider rule. Would a unit of 3 dwarfs & 3 gyrocopters be 6 figures or 3?

6 figures.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 11:05:01 AM »
Here is something I've always wondered... if you do an artillery section, would the gun and 4 gunners be considered a complete team?

After some brainstorming we've decided to revise my former reply. So an artillery piece counts as a model, and a gun and 4 gunners would be considered a team.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 11:07:47 AM »
After some brainstorming we've decided to revise my former reply. So an artillery piece counts as a model, and a gun and 4 gunners would be considered a team.

Smart move especially since a lot of manufacturers provide guns with 4 crews figures ;)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 01:19:51 PM »
Would it not be better to count cavalry as two for the horse and rider. It can be just as much work to do the horse as the rider! It just means if we don't, there won't be many mounted entries! Just keep things simple and count the number of models and that would cover rules for artillery, vehicles and cavalry!

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2012, 01:35:28 PM »
Would it not be better to count cavalry as two for the horse and rider. It can be just as much work to do the horse as the rider! It just means if we don't, there won't be many mounted entries! Just keep things simple and count the number of models and that would cover rules for artillery, vehicles and cavalry!

No way, sorry. We had this already. A horse without rider would count as a model. A horse with rider doesn't count as two. Still one model.

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2012, 02:28:49 PM »
R10 - Maritime/Naval

Smugglers and those attempting to apprehend them.  Acceptable?

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2012, 02:34:34 PM »
Regarding cavalry, once you get painting horses down pretty well, they go much faster than the riders.

Actually, I'm surprised the Prof. allows the artillery piece. I was just wondering, but I really did expect a no to my question because unless it is a really big honking gun, they are fairly quick, relatively like horses, to paint up.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2012, 02:40:13 PM »
Actually, I'm surprised the Prof. allows the artillery piece.

it was a moment of mental derangement. It's over now :)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2012, 02:43:26 PM »
R10 - Maritime/Naval

Smugglers and those attempting to apprehend them.  Acceptable?

As long as both bunches have a recognizable connection to maritime. Malcolm, the best would be to send me the pics, so I could check them.

Offline alone_withmyaxe

• Scientist
  • Cthulhu Hunter
    • My Minotaur army is only getting larger
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »
Yes, it’s valid, how said above we only don’t want the “warhammerish” minis from the last 15-20 years.

I just want to clarify the GW warhammer thing. Is it they are not allowed at all, or only the really "Warhammerish" warhammer figures are not allowed.

For instance, some of the new modern GW wood elves would fit nicely in a Lord of the Rings theme but are they imidiatly discounted because of the modern GW connection, the same may also be for a few of the dwarf models and even the high elves?

I am being a bit of a pain, but I do like the GW models for wood elves and dwarfs, and this round would be a good excuse to buy me some!
Saving the last bullet... just in case.

See my wonderful BLOG of stuff!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »
No way, sorry. We had this already. A horse without rider would count as a model. A horse with rider doesn't count as two. Still one model.

Not wishing to stir the pot further here, but just to say that the Prof, Ray and I have debated this long and hard.
Basically, a horse and rider together (usually stuck together by most wargamers) are functionally, effectively one model - so one team member for the purposes of the LPL.
Indeed, some manufacturers still produce mounted figures as single castings.
Clearly a dismounted dragoon and a separate horse count as two separate models though.
Of course you could argue it the other way, but that's the rule we've played to for 5 LPLs, and we think it best to stick to it. Keeps it simple.

:)

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »
As long as both bunches have a recognizable connection to maritime. Malcolm, the best would be to send me the pics, so I could check them.

No pictures yet - not even out of the blister.   ::)
Considering Foundry Smugglers pack, with a mixture of Foundry Navy landing party and Foundry Navy Boarding party as the forces of law and order.   :)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2012, 03:06:50 PM »
I just want to clarify the GW warhammer thing. Is it they are not allowed at all, or only the really "Warhammerish" warhammer figures are not allowed.

For instance, some of the new modern GW wood elves would fit nicely in a Lord of the Rings theme but are they imidiatly discounted because of the modern GW connection, the same may also be for a few of the dwarf models and even the high elves?

I am being a bit of a pain, but I do like the GW models for wood elves and dwarfs, and this round would be a good excuse to buy me some!

Unfortunately they're not allowed at all. I'm sure you understand that making an exception in this case would just open a can of worms for any sorts of interpretation of "not-warhammerish".. :)

No pictures yet - not even out of the blister.   ::)
Considering Foundry Smugglers pack, with a mixture of Foundry Navy landing party and Foundry Navy Boarding party as the forces of law and order.   :)

Navy landing/boarding party sounds good to me.

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2012, 03:13:57 PM »
Glad to hear about gun teams  :)
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline alone_withmyaxe

• Scientist
  • Cthulhu Hunter
    • My Minotaur army is only getting larger
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2012, 03:34:59 PM »
Unfortunately they're not allowed at all. I'm sure you understand that making an exception in this case would just open a can of worms for any sorts of interpretation of "not-warhammerish".. :)

Thanks for this clarification... Just to open up another Pandoras can of worms, what about other manufacturers that produce Warhammerish stlyes of models, such as http://sciborminiatures.com perhaps?

Basically, I would like to do some Dwarfs, and not a big fan of the GW LOTR ones, which ones can I use?

I like these

Are they allowed? Do we need to check to make sure.

I am being a pain, although I would hate for anyone to work really hard on some specific models that they thought were fine and to lose out on the bonus points on an interpretation judgement.

Thanks for the comp starting by the way I am already excited!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:36:51 PM by alone_withmyaxe »