Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:25:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters' League Season 6  (Read 99497 times)

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Lead Painters' League Season 6
« Reply #390 on: April 24, 2012, 07:26:40 PM »
Just sent in round 9. Now full speed ahead for round 10  o_o o_o o_o.

And for projects after LPL6. I entered to make the lead pile smaller ::) Unfortunately there was so much inspiration that my lead pile just became bigger with miniatures I just had to order lol lol lol 

Offline artshiraz

• Scientist
    • http://miniatures.mehlinger.net/
« Reply #391 on: April 25, 2012, 09:19:24 AM »
Greetings
And for projects after LPL6. I entered to make the lead pile smaller ::) Unfortunately there was so much inspiration that my lead pile just became bigger with miniatures I just had to order lol lol lol 

ain't that the truth  :'( >:D >:D lol

Jo
50°17\\\'60N  8°16\\\'0E

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #392 on: April 25, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »
More or less nothing painted the last two weeks. My WIP team 1 for round 10 are still WIP. team 2 have no paint on them at all except for the primer. Got a team primed for round 9, but I'll probably resort to submitting round 10 team 1 for round 9 and then re-use it as the opponents in round 10. Doubt I'll be able to do a scenic entry for round 10. =(
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #393 on: April 25, 2012, 10:46:14 AM »
Scenic entry for round 10 ....  lol

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #394 on: April 25, 2012, 12:52:26 PM »
Scenic entry for round 10 ....  lol
Yep. I abandoned that idea too. Did I mention that I have a freshly turned 1 yr old, AND a 7 week old at home... o_o

If I get any painting done, it is through sheer force of will... ;)

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #395 on: April 25, 2012, 12:58:02 PM »
Did I mention that I have a freshly turned 1 yr old, AND a 7 week old at home... o_o

If I get any painting done, it is through sheer force of will... ;)

I salute you, sir. I thought I had it rough with a 2 year old climbing all over me as I try to paint basecoats. The wife is in rehearsal in the evenings so I'm the childrearer for the last couple months  o_o
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #396 on: April 25, 2012, 04:17:22 PM »
I'll see your 1 yr old and 7 week old and raise you two four year olds (one is canine and demands 2 hours of walking a day) and a two year old who likes playing with the little men.    lol

Mind you she was genuinely nervous about touching one of the minis I've painted up for Round 9 so methinks I did a good job on it!  >:D

You must have plenty of will power Leadasbestos as I can't imagine sleep is in plentiful supply with that combo.

Hats off to the Dr too - thank goodness I have my better half running interference!

Good luck to all put-upon fathers for the next few rounds - dig deep chaps and remember to prioritise what is important - there's only 2 weeks of LPL left and a whole lifetime of kids to go!   ;)

Scenic entry for round 10 .... 

I went and bought some scenic bits for this round so I'd best use them really!  ::)

Got any of that force of will going spare anyone?

As for projects - I've got a good portion of the minis done for my Lustrian project - but ended up with a hankering for 10mm fantasy gaming...

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #397 on: April 25, 2012, 04:41:29 PM »
Well...I have a glimmer of hope...weather has put us out of the field for a few days and I'm hoping I can get a new team together for round 9....I'm tempted to just focus on Round 10...but I SOOOO want to have new teams for each round...its a tough choice.

And I feel the pain mentioned above...I have a 4yo and a 1 1/2 yo...I can't even think about sitting down to my painting table until 9pm...and then I just want to go to bed!  but Sleep is for the weak...so I hope to persevere!

Cheers,

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #398 on: April 25, 2012, 09:10:44 PM »
Whew, just finished commenting on all entries and voting as well, hadn't been able to before but it was nice to do it after all. I do have a little bit of willpower left and I'll see if I can complete my round 9 entry before worrying about round 10. Monday is Queen's day here in the Netherlands so it's a day off. On the other hand I'm leaving for Germany early on Thursday morning so all needs to be done before then.
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #399 on: April 26, 2012, 05:32:34 AM »
I'm tempted to just focus on Round 10...but I SOOOO want to have new teams for each round

My sentiments exactly, Blue! I almost succumbed, but decided to pare the team down to six 28mm figures.  Surely I could get those done, right?  Well, the complication is that I leave Thursday morning for Chicago to attend the Little Wars convention.  So, that means I have to finish and photograph them by Wednesday night!

It is 12:30 am on Thursday, the figures are painted, the wash is drying, and I'll probably be up until 1:30 am flocking and photographing.  I guess with only one victory to my name so far in the League I'm greedy for that bonus 10 points -- ha, ha!  o_o lol

Good luck getting your entry in!

Mike Demana

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #400 on: April 26, 2012, 08:37:51 AM »
The entries for round 9 are done. Round 10 however...  5 models are done, but no background, big beasty or ship. Then again, since all the hobby supplies are put into boxes in anticipation of moving to another house/job/town/country I also don't see a lot of possibility for making something. Next to that, the Megabloks ship that I won on an auction in the UK is not coming my way, because the seller is afraid of selling overseas. Quite annoying, since I never had any problems with any packages going to the Netherlands or Belgium...
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #401 on: April 27, 2012, 10:00:41 AM »

9th round in,one last push chaps :)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #402 on: April 27, 2012, 11:21:05 PM »
Round 9 in. I bit off more than I should have considering the work needed in Round 10. Took about fifty photos, didn't like the way a few things looked and repainted two figures today... I keep hearing the Iron Maiden song 'Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner' in my head... so near the end...

Offline Laughing Ferret

• Scientist
    • Laughing Ferret Lab Hobby Blog
« Reply #403 on: April 27, 2012, 11:38:56 PM »
Got my 9 in: was a real pain to photo, in the end discarded the scenic setting pictures and went for the photobox for this one, might make sense when you see them.

I probably really over estimated for round 10, it's also the only one I bought new minis for- just couldn't resist. But at the moment I have just my 1 test mini finished, happy with it, and just started the other 17 and haven't even primed the big mini yet.  will see what happens!
"If History teaches us anything, it is that people don't really learn from history."

Hobby Pledge 2014: Bought: .  Painted: . (Pure hobby: no commissions included)
Hobby Blog is here: http://laughingferret.blogspot.com/
Commission Studio is here: http://www.laughingferretstudio

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #404 on: April 28, 2012, 12:25:29 AM »
Prof, did you get my entries for 9 and 10, didn`t get the usual confirmation so just asking to prevent a re-listing due to the quirks of the digital highway?