Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:13:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690916
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: playmobil ship part 3  (Read 2908 times)

Offline sandsmodels

• Scientist
    • s&s models
playmobil ship part 3
« on: January 15, 2012, 09:24:41 PM »
since the last posting i have now added the ship fittings that arrived in the mean time, i also added the funnel and now the major construction work on the bridge has been done i started to think about the bow.
i know that you can buy quite a bit of ship fittings and so i ordered some odds and ends including 2 anchor winches which i fitted to the new bow section deck, this hides the original anchor winders and housings which were too big for 20mm and made the ship look a bit less like the toy it started as,

they were quite cheap, i should have got some anchors as well at the same time, but thought i had some.

i also added these sets of steps to get up to the bow deck, the bow section and its steps are removable so i can convert it one day if needed,
i then started to look at the ships railings that need to go around the bridge and rear deck, and made these,

these are simple metal stachions with a pieces of stryene rod stuck through the hole and threaded through, this took most of sunday afternoon,
i also got hold of some lifeboat davits as well,

and after making up a mount drilled the holes so i can attach them later as i need to paint the bridge section,

i also bought some siren/fog horns as well these are meatl and i just drilled the holes and glued them in place, and added the same steps to the bridge section as well, again it is removable, to enable me to make it into another type of ship as and when i need to,
i added a metal ladder on the bridge and need one for the other side which i have yet to find, i have one somewhere,

it is looking a little bit more ship shape.
i now need to fit railings on the bow and add a bit more detail to the bow deck and add the mast and radar aray,
attach the lifeboats to the davits and one or two more details then it's time to paint it,
more pics here:-
http://s513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/sandsmodels/my%20ships/
thanks for looking
shaun
www.sandsmodels.com
sales@sandsmodels.com
makers of 20mm and 28mm vehicles, guns, figures and buildings for the gamer.

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
Re: playmobil ship part 3
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 11:22:23 PM »
Excellent stuff. Mine is currently under my son's bed, but I'm inspired to dig it out again :)

Can't wait to see how this develops.
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline S J Donovan

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 05:02:51 AM »
Your ship looks very nice.  Where did you get the horns?  Have you found any life boats?
For the big question tell us more about the other ship the sub chaser?

Offline sandsmodels

• Scientist
    • s&s models
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 03:15:37 PM »
Your ship looks very nice.  Where did you get the horns?  Have you found any life boats?
For the big question tell us more about the other ship the sub chaser?
thanks for the comments.
the lifeboats and anchors arived today, so more fitting out to do, more pics to follow
thanks
shaun

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 04:13:52 PM »
Make me think about Metal Gear Solid 2 on playstation 2 ! You have to make the MGS figures for that wonderfull ship  :o

Offline Big Martin

• Scientist
  • Wargamer, Re-enactor & Failed Historian
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 04:39:04 PM »
I've got one somewhere - buried under stuff in my painting room, I think. This has inspired me to dig it out again and start the conversion process.

Thanks.
Tutenes, Atque Cujus Exercitus?

Offline sandsmodels

• Scientist
    • s&s models
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 08:00:03 PM »
I've got one somewhere - buried under stuff in my painting room, I think. This has inspired me to dig it out again and start the conversion process.

Thanks.
i have posted this on several forums and quite a few of you have said they have one somewhere, and fancy having a go.
i think there may be a few kids wondering where thier ships have gone  lol
i would certainly recomend dong this as it is quite easy and you can but a lot of the fittings for them.
i may have a few ships fittings for sale myself eventualy along with a similar size vac formed hull, ideal for modern gaming and you can fight on it as well.
thanks
shaun