Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:51:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689345
  • Total Topics: 118275
  • Online Today: 648
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dobridnyev Tovarishchi  (Read 3876 times)

Offline gloriousbattle

• Mad Scientist
  • Oi! Dat's My Leg!
Dobridnyev Tovarishchi
« on: February 09, 2012, 01:57:05 AM »
Have any loyal comrades played this set of rules to sweep capitalist pig dogs from glorious Mother Russia?

http://www.jimwallman.org.uk/wargame/Red%20Army%20-%20White%20Guards%20v3.3.pdf

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Dobridnyev Tovarishchi
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 09:40:03 AM »
LOL!
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline koz10

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »
Have any loyal comrades played this set of rules to sweep capitalist pig dogs from glorious Mother Russia?

No, but they do look very intriguing. I'm going to print them and read through them to see if they're viable rules for our group to use to drive the Godless, ruthless fratricidal Bolsheviks from Holy Russia as well as the rest of the world.  ;)

Offline Sendak

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 07:13:31 PM »
Very interesting. Our RCW/Reds and Whites group needs something like this.

Have you played?

Regards.
"Primative life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare, some would say it has yet to occur on earth." Stephen Hawking

Offline gloriousbattle

• Mad Scientist
  • Oi! Dat's My Leg!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 08:14:51 PM »
Have not played yet.  I really was looking for something smaller in scale, like a skirmish game.  So I'm vaccillating between this and trying to see if I can make GASLIGHT work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1R2k9b31D0

Nikolai Schors was a true hero of the Soviet Union, and he died such a heroes' death... shot by a commissar.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:07:25 AM by gloriousbattle »

Offline darrowind

• Schoolboy
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 10:57:08 AM »
Nikolai Schors was a true hero of the Soviet Union, and he died such a heroes' death... shot by a commissar.

Alas, it's only version without any evidence. The official version is that he was killed in the action against Ukrainian nationalists.

There are two unofficional verions of Schors' death:

1. He was killed by his second-in-command Nikolay Dubovoy. He had a reason because he was a commander of 44th division before Schors' arriving. But we have no evidence.

2. He was killed by Pavel Tanhil-Tanhilevich, man of Trotsky. This version is even stranger because Trotsky theated Schors kindly and ordered him to command 44th division.

I think that official version may well be true. It was not something strange to be killed by enemy's bullet.  
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:44:55 AM by darrowind »

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »
No but I have read them and been meaning to play them unfortunately I have been too busy being exploited by fat capitalist pigs. All rules are equal but some rules are more equal than others.

Offline gloriousbattle

• Mad Scientist
  • Oi! Dat's My Leg!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 04:03:10 PM »
Alas, it's only version without any evidence.

"According to a legend, while fighting in the front lines of Bohun regiment, Shchors was killed in very obscure circumstances near the Biloshitsa village (now Shchorsivka village, Zhytomyr Oblast) on August 30, 1919. However, in reality Shchors was killed by a commissar of the 12th Division near Korosten after the decision of Revolutionary military council.[2] Shchors was buried in Samara, far from the battlefield, for unclear reasons.

"[2] Holovatyi, Mykhailo. 200 streets of Ivano-Frankivsk. "Lileya NB". Ivano-Frankivsk, 2010. ISBN 978-966-668-231-7, ISBN 978-966-668-149-5."

Granted, this was pulled from wikipedia.  Why?  Because I can cut and paste from wikipedia, and still look smart.

However, it does give a reference, and considering the dubious value of official party statements, I'd be interested in seeing what it says. 

Can any of our Russian speaking members help out?

Offline gloriousbattle

• Mad Scientist
  • Oi! Dat's My Leg!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »
No but I have read them and been meaning to play them unfortunately I have been too busy being exploited by fat capitalist pigs. All rules are equal but some rules are more equal than others.

Hmm.  Sounds somewhat deviationist comrade.  Will be sending loyal comrades from Cheka along later, to relocate you to glorious re-education camp in Siberia.  Long live the revolution!

Offline darrowind

• Schoolboy
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 05:02:33 PM »
"[2] Holovatyi, Mykhailo. 200 streets of Ivano-Frankivsk. "Lileya NB". Ivano-Frankivsk, 2010. ISBN 978-966-668-231-7, ISBN 978-966-668-149-5."...

Can any of our Russian speaking members help out?

I'm a Russian speaking member. :)
So, I'm afraid,  Mykhailo Holovatyi is a student of local history of Ivano-Frankovsk, not of Russian Civil War. His version is rather new and unexpected; as I know,Schors was a commander of 44th Division, but in august 12th Division was taken part in August offensive in Donbass, in fact, it was utterly different area of Southern Front.

Please, be careful if you use Russian sources and studies, and Wikipedia too. Official soviet history was falsified, but our new self-called "historians" (main part journalists in gutter press) often write noncenses in pursuit of sensations.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:13:17 PM by darrowind »

Offline gloriousbattle

• Mad Scientist
  • Oi! Dat's My Leg!
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 08:05:21 PM »
...our new self-called "historians" (main part journalists in gutter press) often write noncenses in pursuit of sensations.

Nothing particular to Russia, that's certain.  I'll have to look a little further into this.  So far I'm asked to choose against government propagandists and private sensationalists.  :o

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 11:08:27 PM »
Please, be careful if you use Russian sources and studies, and Wikipedia too. Official soviet history was falsified, but our new self-called "historians" (main part journalists in gutter press) often write noncenses in pursuit of sensations.

Quite true, something I can confirm being another Russian speaking member.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 05:21:30 AM »
Well! Today I learned something new about Prof!  :D

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.