Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:25:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Captain America  (Read 7928 times)

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
New Captain America
« on: December 26, 2007, 02:26:06 PM »
Well Marvel just gave a list of 6 saying that 1 will be the new Cap.  Now many of you won't care about this but Cap is why I am a comic geek and I have every comic he has ever been in minus the Golden Age stuff.   I WANT it to be John Walker because he is a patriot and loves our country and has been Cap before and really got shafted when replaced as he never got the training and conditioning that Rogers got so his term was rocky at best.  I think it WILL be Union Jack and the  the only reason I think this is because Union Jack's modus operandi is a pistol and knife and seeing what the new Cap looks like he has both an d he's British.  Seeing how Marvel's top brass are as left as you can get it would be a real victory to them to make Captain AMERICA not even American.  I digress...  So who's it going to be?

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.2130.Unusual_Suspects%3A_Who_Will_Be_Captain_America%3F

What say you?
Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline xeoran

• Scientist
New Captain America
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 11:37:49 AM »
The superhuman protector of England, Jospeh Chapman follows in the footsteps of past Union Jacks, maintaining a proud legacy of service to Queen and country.

One really despairs of Marvel naming a character Union Jack and then saying he protects England.  :roll:

I'd really hope it sin't Union Jack, not least because that would save you from all that working class nonsense that pops up in every Union Jack comic. I mean forget the masked adventurer guff, the idea that Chapman could be a builder in Britain is risible. Don't they know that's what the Poles are for!  :wink:

I haven't exactly been following closely but surely Iron Man and Red Skull can't become Cap. Stark can't leave his suit and Skull is a nazi!
"'Reality,' sa molesworth 2, 'is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder.'"- Nigel Molesworth

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
New Captain America
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 11:58:16 AM »
Steve Rodgers will be back in a year so who cares?  :)

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
New Captain America
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 12:32:30 PM »
I care! :D

Brian

Offline mratomek

• Bookworm
    • Super Force Seven: Superhero Miniatures Battle Game
New Captain America
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 02:55:41 PM »
My vote would be for Hawkeye to pickup and run with the shield. At least for a little while, until, inevitably, Steve Rogers returns through some comic miracle.

I like Hawkeye because I think he would honor the idea of what Cap is supposed to be. I know that waaaay back in the day, Cap had a gun. But that all seemed to make him more human, less super human.

Too bad, in my opinion, if they give him a gun. Man, nothing like him taking out a whole grundle of bad guys with one toss of his shield. I would imagine hawkeye would be even deadlier with it.
The only thing better than gaming... is more gaming!

Super Force Seven: Once upon a time, the Earth needed to be saved on a daily basis.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
New Captain America
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 04:12:16 PM »
Hawkeye for me too.
He was at Caps side for years at the Avengers, so some of the Caps spirit must have worn over, or?
 :wink:
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Snate56

• Librarian
Re: New Captain America
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 07:41:50 AM »
The toss up is between John and Bucky, the others are just plain ludicrous.
Hawkeye wouldn't be able to hit anything with a shield unless he could shoot it out of a bow.

SteveN

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 11:24:10 PM »
The toss up is between John and Bucky, the others are just plain ludicrous.
Hawkeye wouldn't be able to hit anything with a shield unless he could shoot it out of a bow.

SteveN

I have to agree... it should be John or Bucky.  Isn't Union Jack sort of the Capt. America equivalent for Britian?
Having him be the new Capt. America would make no sense... and if they pick Hawkeye he should still be using his bow and not the shield as a weapon.  Red Skull or Iron Man would just be silly.

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.recreationalconflict.com
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 01:22:39 AM »
I like the idea of the Punisher taking over Captain America or Iron Man, just to mess with the fans.

Then again, there is the idea of giving the title over to the hulk and changing the shield to be the old "Don't Tread on Me" flag. :)
Recreational Conflict: www.recreationalconflict.com

Jibbery style oinkery which don't make no damn sense.

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 02:18:28 AM »
Well for those who don't read Cap, Bucky has taken on the role of the Sentinel of Liberty under a letter left with Tony Stark.  But the Red Skull, Arnum Zola and Faustus have a secret plan for Sharon Cater and Cap's unborn child.  Carter's attempted escape has led her to what looks like Steve in some sort of cryo-chamber.  What will happen next?

See you guys are missing out on the modern day serial if you don't read this stuff.   :o

Brian

Brian

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 04:41:59 AM »
Kampfgruppe Cottrell do you read the Ulitmate universe?

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 07:26:46 AM »
Yep.  I favorite comic book sequence ever.

http://capdoesntsurrender.ytmnd.com/

If anyone hasn't read the Ultimates give it a try, it is super hero comics at its finest.

Brian
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 09:37:53 AM by Kampfgruppe Cottrell »

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 10:54:45 AM »
I like the idea of the Punisher taking over Captain America or Iron Man, just to mess with the fans.

Then again, there is the idea of giving the title over to the hulk and changing the shield to be the old "Don't Tread on Me" flag. :)
I have a marvel what if?issue where they had frank castle become captain america before becoming punisher then his family was killed and he became punisher any way but with a cap shield with a skull on it.

Offline wolfgangbrooks

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.recreationalconflict.com
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 02:37:51 AM »
I think I have that one too. And "recently" I think the punisher got Caps mask and made a costum to go with it for a little bit after Captain America's death.

I don't read marvel much anymore, but I have a friend that does. I think it's better hearing summaries of events than reading most superhero comics. :)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 09:53:44 PM »
I think I have that one too. And "recently" I think the punisher got Caps mask and made a costum to go with it for a little bit after Captain America's death.

I don't read marvel much anymore, but I have a friend that does. I think it's better hearing summaries of events than reading most superhero comics. :)

Don't worry apparently everyone's a possible skrull double now so that'll sort out Marvels continuity issues!  :o

(Don't care as I read DC...oops Crisis...which Earth we on now?ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ;)).

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.