Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:35:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: OGR model kits for city scapes?  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Myrlyn

• Librarian
OGR model kits for city scapes?
« on: February 03, 2012, 10:08:46 PM »
I'm just curious if anyone on this thread has used some of the O-scale building kits from OGR Publishing for their city boards?  Do you like them?  Any pluses or minuses to consider?  Does the scale fit well with most heroclix and 28mm figures?

The kits seem to be a good price, and with a little paint could look exceptional I would think. 

Thanks in advance for any info!
Keith

Offline Cory

• Mad Scientist
Re: OGR model kits for city scapes?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 10:31:58 PM »
They stand quite tall. At minimum the doors need to be cut down heightwise, I simply added a couple of styrene steps on the building I built.

The windows are quite large as well but servicable. I divided them in two vertically to make each a double window and liked the effect.

They are comparable to Walther's cornerstone series or DPM's modular buildings. I don't have any photos of my OGR building but here are some Brigade Games pulp figures in front of a walther's Cornerstone building.

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 02:45:02 AM »
I have two built.  They look nice, but there are no interiors. That said they look nice and the large doors don't bother me.  Good way of filling out a city. 

Joey
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline Myrlyn

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:54:02 PM »
Thanks guys!  I'm less worried about interiors for now.  I may add some interior details using a combination of WorldWorks and Hirst Arts (with some modern resin components thrown in here and there), but the main thing is to get a street layout at first for Champions, ATZ and Car Wars games.

Offline mpennock

• Scientist
    • Arctic Skunk Shapeways store
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 06:06:38 PM »
I've got several of them that I use for various games, and I think they work pretty well. The city buildings even come with a chunk of sidewalk for the front of the building.

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 06:26:38 PM »
They stand quite tall. At minimum the doors need to be cut down heightwise, I simply added a couple of styrene steps on the building I built.

The windows are quite large as well but servicable. I divided them in two vertically to make each a double window and liked the effect.

They are comparable to Walther's cornerstone series or DPM's modular buildings. I don't have any photos of my OGR building but here are some Brigade Games pulp figures in front of a walther's Cornerstone building.

Looks good.

I assume that pj is the one it arrives with?

Cheers
Andy