Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:35:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690474
  • Total Topics: 118333
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (INDIEGOGO) Manorhouse Workshop wargaming elements -Crowd Funding  (Read 5650 times)

Offline maniachouse

• Assistant
    • Manorhouse Workshop
Re: Manorhouse Workshop wargaming elements -Crowd Funding
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 11:13:27 AM »
I agree on this. In fact, the platforms that use Indi... or KS. are not entirely appropriate to what we propose.
but at the moment there is nothing else.
and therefore we adapt to what the market has to offer.
but, I add... thank goodness, there are these financing platforms.

regars. Lorenzo

Offline Nedo

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 07:38:40 PM »
Another very interesting "perk":

Six adventurers resin 30mm minis...

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 10:23:09 PM »
Oh rats! I could use some of those. Especially that archer.

I can't buy the houses just to get them though :/

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 05:47:11 AM »
So will the adventurers be available in the Manorhouse store after the campaign? Or are they a limited edition thing... ?

I don't mind buying them individually at a higher price later.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:48:47 AM by FramFramson »

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 06:37:54 AM »
Very nice quality looking stuff, was going to get the adventures set but could not justify $35 shipping. Beautiful stuff though
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 10:29:54 PM »
Yeah, this campaign is just some terrible math for me. € 25 shipping for me to get a pack of six miniatures, at € 28 for the pack, all to get one mini (the archer adventurer) is awful - and I want four or five of that mini!

I've been looking for a miniature like that for a very long time, and it's frustrating to see it appear at the last minute tacked on to a terrain-based IGG campaign .

I don't mind paying high prices for minis I want - I would be happy to pay as much as $15 or € 10 per mini, and I might have even been willing to buy a couple 2-or-3-miniature packs if they were €15 or something, with reasonable shipping. But the current arrangement would cost me €130 just to get four archers. At that price I could commission something custom made!

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 11:07:11 PM »
I've been looking for a miniature like that for a very long time, and it's frustrating to see it appear at the last minute tacked on to a terrain-based IGG campaign .

Obviously in your particular case it won't work at all, but this is a terrain campaign and the miniatures are currently just a little extra, primarily for people who have already paid for 10 kg of resin and its shipping.

It already says they'll be available for 36e afterwards so not limited edition by any means. No idea whether you'll be able to get single minis (or multiple copies), but in reality the answer is usually "yes" if you simply write and ask. (I'd like to know, though, what's so special about that mini. Aren't there boatloads of archer-adventurers out there? Just wondering...)

Meanwhile, I just bought a set of those stone sheets out of curiosity. We play a lot of urban skirmish games here and if these are even half good, they look like a viable solution to many persistent problems.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 11:37:31 PM »
There's a unit of Amazon huntresses I've been trying to do up forever. The problem is that most Amazon lines look like female Conans and Red Sonjas, whereas the Amazons in Mage Knight are closer to 17th or 18th century North American native allies; non-naked tribal folks armed with bows or sometimes muskets with a few elements of "western" dress mixed in with buckskins and tokens indicating animal worship.

Nothing's going to fit that perfectly, but that archer mini is probably the closest I've seen to what I'm looking for in a long time. Plus the pose is such that I can convert some to hold muskets instead of bows.

I'll probably try sending Lorenzo a direct message once the campaign's over. We'll see.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:22:06 AM by FramFramson »

Offline maniachouse

• Assistant
    • Manorhouse Workshop
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 07:56:33 AM »
I'll probably try sending Lorenzo a direct message once the campaign's over. We'll see.

Hi FramFramson, finished the campaign on Indiegogo, will continue for about a month on my blog.
the miniatures will be proposed with shipping costs appropiete see shipping via registered or priority mail.
however, at low cost.
In fact, as he writes Dolmot, miniatures were added more for those who had already purchased the buildings.

Lorenzo

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
Re: (INDIEGOGO) Manorhouse Workshop wargaming elements -Crowd Funding
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 09:00:10 AM »
Well, my not buying the buildings is no reflection on you folks - This is one of the nicer building sets I've seen! You and I are just working in different scales.  :?