Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:23:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690581
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Adventures in the Lost Lands] The People That Time Forgot.  (Read 7439 times)

Offline Jaffar

• Assistant
    • Le tombeau du Seigneur des Marches du Nord
[Adventures in the Lost Lands] The People That Time Forgot.
« on: February 08, 2012, 01:37:37 PM »
Hi,
We begin a  "Adventures in the lost lands" campaign with my friend Oll.
I have made a AAR on my site(in french) with photos.

http://lens.anthony.free.fr/index.php/adventures-in-the-lost-lands/447-le-continent-oublie-part-1

The campaign based on the novel The People That Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Major Ben McBride organises a mission to the Antarctic wastes to search for his friend who has been missing in the region for several years. McBride's party find themselves in a world populated by primitive warriors and terrifying prehistoric creatures, all of whom they must evade in order to get back safely to their ship

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Re: [Adventures in the Lost Lands] The People That Time Forgot.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 02:02:44 PM »
Didn’t understand a word :) but some nice game pics there and a great cover:

Offline DFlynSqrl

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 11:34:30 PM »
Looks like a fun game (based on the pictures).  I like how you've got the scenario's lined up.

Offline Traveler Man

• Mastermind
    • The Hetzenberg Chronicles
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 05:48:20 PM »
An excellent AAR. That T-Rex had too much fun!
"It's amusing, it's amazing, and it's never twice the same: It's the salt of true adventure, and the glamour of the game."

Talbot Mundy, The Ivory Trail.

http://ajstable.blogspot.com
http://hetzenberg.blogspot.com

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 01:42:32 AM »
Very cool! Really inspirational. Looks like a lot of fun.  :-*
Love the cheesy Doug McClure movies as well.
French was the only class in high school I failed.  :'(

Offline Papa Spanky

• Scientist
    • Geek in the Basement
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 03:00:27 AM »
Great looking AAR, can we get a translation? Love the use of the GW preatorians(?), they fit in well as stuffy explorers.

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 03:07:39 AM »
Google Translate  :)

The campaign, played in the game "Adventure in the Lost Lands", is based on a story by Edgar Rice Burroughs' The People That Time Forgot ". The frame of the campaign, PDF is available here.

Synopsis.

In early 1917, following receipt of the message bottle by Tyler Brown, Major Ben McBride led an expedition to Caprona looking for Tyler, but in flight, they are attacked by a pterodactyl and the plane crashes: they will not only have to look for Tyler, but also face the dangers of Caprona.

Major Ben McBride organized a Mission to the Antarctic to search for historical Wastes friend Who has-been missing in the region for Several years. McBride's party find Themselves in a world populated by primitive warriors and terrifying prehistoric creatures, all of Whom THEY must evade in order to get back Safely to Their ship.

Scenario 1: Base Camp.

Once crossed the mountain barrier, a hot sun casts on the country an orange light. While Major McBride seeks a place to ask, a pterosaur appears lonely, soaring effortlessly on an updraft above the device. As he gets closer, the teacher recognizes a pterodactyl Norfolk: Tyler Bowen was right! Dinosaurs survived in this isolated region of Antarctica. The aggressive ptérausore is obvious. Taking the plane to a competitor, the reptile attacks and damages the aileron directional device. McBride manages to crash-land but the aircraft is severely damaged and it will take to repair it.

For now, the team has other worries: we must establish a base camp while a thick fog came down to the sea the mountains surrounding this lost world.

Objective of the mission.

The adventurers must find a safe area to establish their base camp. They must explore all the playing surface and hunt dinosaurs potentially hostile present.

Members of the expedition.

Group 1 (played by Jaffar)
Major McBride: Star (Military) - Rep 5; powers: born leader and gunner, equipped with a rifle and a pistol.
Lady Charlotte 'Charly' Cunningham: Femme Fatale (Civil) - Rep 4; to: sniper, equipped with a gun and cameras.
Captain Lawton: British Military (Officer) - Rep 4; to: sniper, equipped with a pistol and a sword.
William: Military (Marine Infantry) - Rep 4; to: sniper, equipped with a gun.

Group 2 (played by Oll)
Hogan: Star (Military) - Rep 5; powers: born leader and athlete, with a gun.
Norfolk Citizen (Civil) - Rep 3; power: paleontologist, equipped with a cane sword and a pistol.
Hughes: Military: Military (Marine Infantry) - Rep 4; to: sniper, equipped with a gun.
Wilcock: Military: Military (Soldier) - Rep 4; to: sniper, equipped with a Lewis gun.

Field.

The population density is 3, so it generates the presence of 3 PEF (Pion meeting) early in the game. The EFP 4 & 5 will appear during the game.

Each has a PEF Rep 3 (This means they act on a result on 1d6 1,2,3) and a displacement of 12 "regardless of the terrain.

The game.

Tower 1.

Both groups are spread slowly in the hostile nature. The group Mcbride goes to the left of the grove in front of it while Hogan leads his companions to the right. EFPs are immobile.
Round 2.

For this tour, we win the initiative, the PEF will move after us. Following our introductory part, we have taken stock of the dinosaurs and we decide that our groups will stay within range of each other for support. In order not to take excessive risks, we opt for caution by sending a soldier to scout, other adventurers are placed in the background, ready to intervene.

Captain Lawton ordered his men to advance under the canopy to find out if there is a threat carpets. He was confident that his soldiers, armed with modern rifle, are able to repel any threat. It is the soldier who first discovered Hughes a local resident (EFP 1, we obtain 8 of the identification table: it is a predator, followed by a 9: a large predator!). The creature tries to identify olfactory cues given off by men before loading, shaking the ground at every step. In a crash of broken branches, between the dinosaur in line with Professor Norfolk. This is a Tyrannosaurus! he yells at the height of excitement. In hardened veteran, Hogan raises his gun and tries a shot that has no effect on the monster. At his side, the Lewis Wilcock spits a volley of lead before they stop! As for the brave Hugh, he passed his test reaction and shoulder his weapon to an instinctive shooting. Although rapid, the military will not have time to escape. On motion nimble, carnivorous giant grabs the unfortunate by impaling on his long teeth.

Unfortunately, the group Mcbride is unable to react. Indeed, a double six blocks any possibility of intervention!

Realizing that the leak is the best solution, the survivors decide to let the T-Rex has his sinister meals and away to the west. (The predator will take 2 turns to devour his victim.)

[I enjoy it!]

Offline Papa Spanky

• Scientist
    • Geek in the Basement
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 03:54:04 AM »
 ;) Thanks!

Offline Jaffar

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 08:24:55 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for yours Remarks. It's nice.

Papa Spanky , I painted my GW praetorien like colonials french soldiers.

Traveler Man , the T-Rex is a papo miniature, and it's very big.  (Scale ratio 1:40). I hope find another one when I'll come in NYC in may.

I'll play the next scenario next week; but i'played adventures in the lost land this week: Bib Fortuna hunts a rancor in the lost land (Episode one) AAR is here  http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=38056.0.

I forget to tell you: english was the only class in high school I failed.  lol
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:13:46 PM by Jaffar »

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 02:52:22 AM »

I forget to tell you: english was the only class in high school I failed.  lol

We are two peas in the same pod then.  lol
I once had a really good friend from Lyon. I never could pronounce his name correctly.  :-*

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 01:14:14 PM »
Excellent work !  ;)

Que penses tu des règles 2HW ? maintenat que vous pratiquez assez souvent avc Oll ?

ch'ti Eric
Frenchy Eric, aka Ch'ti Eric or Re-Animator
"J'ai bon caractere mais j'ai le glaive vengeur et le bras seculier"

http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.fr[

Offline Jaffar

• Assistant
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 12:35:20 PM »
Salut,
J'aime beaucoup cet opus de règles  :-*
Elles sont simples sans être simplistes. De plus, cette simplicité permet de gérer au pied levé la plupart des situation.
Nous avons joué le second scénario de la campagne hier soir et nous avons remporté un belle victoire sur la nature sauvage.
Je dois prendre le temps de rédiger un rapport. 

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 08:46:05 PM »
Je dois prendre le temps de rédiger un rapport.

Yes indeed - you must...!   :)

Doug

Offline ollv

• Scientist
    • Imagifig
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 09:29:03 AM »
Hi, I made my own AAR of our game. You can read it here (in french too, with some others pics) :

http://oll.free.fr/Imagifig/?p=2364

Great game, I ma eager to meet some savages. The T-rex is a killer.

Offline ollv

• Scientist
    • Imagifig
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 12:18:05 PM »
We played the second adventure and meet lovely Ajor in great danger...

You can  read the AAR in french with photos here :

http://oll.free.fr/Imagifig/?p=2384