Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:58:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Urban War Junker Sand Raider Decurion preview  (Read 2044 times)

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Urban War Junker Sand Raider Decurion preview
« on: February 10, 2012, 05:23:55 PM »
Urban Mammoth is pleased to post photos of the upcoming Junker Sand Raider Decurion model for the Urban War Second Edition rules. These photos are from the painting table of Ángel Giráldez who will be doing the paint job for this exciting new model.

Junker Dune Raider Decurion Code: 13637 Price: TBA
Dune Raider units are equipped with rugged quad bikes that are usually fitted with heavily modified versions of standard infantry weapons. These legionaries are generally employed for scouting out enemy positions, harrying isolated pockets of enemy resistance and providing support to the slower foot based elements of the army. These fast attack elements of the Junker Legions also have a well-deserved reputation for depravity, and mobile strike forces are often detailed off to pillage and despoil regions deep within enemy territory.

As is the norm in the Legions, Dune Raider Decurions have gained their rank through merit and many hard fought battles. They invariably lead from the front and will always be found in the thick of the fighting, or hunting out the richest loot.

The Junker Sand Raider Decurion model will be released as part of the Urban war February 2012 releases. For more information about upcoming Urban War figures please visit our New Releases page. The New Releases page not only has photos and release dates for our upcoming figures but also has links to images of the Urban War Second Edition stat cards which will be included with the model.

We will be positing more photos of the progress that Ángel makes on his paint job for the new Junker Sand Runner Decurion as soon as we receive them from him.

Offline von der Tann

• Scientist
  • "Viel Feind - viel Ehr!" - Georg von Frundsberg
Re: Urban War Junker Sand Raider Decurion preview
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 07:02:55 PM »
 :D

Interesting. Quite a few possibilities there. Will you also do Viridian "remakes"?
But anyway, this quad looks very nice and I am glad this line of miniatures finally gets some deserved attention.

von der Tann
"Viel Feind - viel Ehr!"
(Georg von Frundsberg, 1473 - 1528)

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 07:06:20 PM »
I am not sure what plans there are for remakes. This model has a different design from the older Dune Raider because it was created some time after the original and we went for a more detailed design on the model.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 06:43:20 PM »
Make the bikes available separately and you'll boost sales for non Urban war use too, (IG rough riders or scout SM's on bikes spring to mind and the aqulia's already there. ;)

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »
Make the bikes available separately and you'll boost sales for non Urban war use too, (IG rough riders or scout SM's on bikes spring to mind and the aqulia's already there. ;)

I suspect that John is already thinking of that but I'll pass along the suggestion. Scouts on those bikes would look awesome :-)

Offline Penchour

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 07:50:09 PM »
Make the bikes available separately and you'll boost sales for non Urban war use too

Gotta second that suggestion ;)

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 01:05:05 AM »
I like the bike, but the little fella is a bit awkward.

I'll assume he's figured out how to accelerate one handed, but if you've ever ridden a 4-wheeler, steering with only one hand is a serious challenge.

Anyhow, I've always liked Urban War stuff and glad to see it's finally getting a bit better promoted.