Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:05:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689820
  • Total Topics: 118298
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Urban Mammoth announces new marketing and promotions position  (Read 2720 times)

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Urban Mammoth announces new marketing and promotions position
« on: January 30, 2012, 01:04:12 AM »
Urban Mammoth is pleased to announce the addition of Zac Belado, the founding editor of Tabletop Gaming News, to the Urban War team. Zac will be bringing his experience with marketing and promotions in the tabletop gaming industry to the company to help Urban Mammoth expand the audience for Urban War. In addition to his many years of writing and marketing experience he will also be bringing to the company his unique experience in building online communities. He is not only a long-time tabletop gamer but has also been playing Urban War, and its precursor Void, for years and was one of the early Void demo team members.

"Some of my favourite gaming memories involve Syntha Grape Gunners, Viridian Shock Troopers and the VASA Archangels. Some people got into sci-fi mass combat via games like Warhammer 40K, but VOID was my first large-scale sci-fi game and the Urban War universe has been a part of my gaming history ever since."

John Robertson of Urban Mammoth is excited by the addition of Zac to the team.
"Zac has a unique blend of skills that we are happy to add to Urban Mammoth and the Urban War team. He is not only a gamer and a fan of the system and universe but he has spent years working as an intermediary between fans and the industry. He has approached the business of marketing games from the perspective of an industry professional as well as a fan."

Zac's first tasks will be expanding the presence of Urban War online with a series of new social media pages as well as posting news and information to other online sites and forums.

Urban Mammoth is the producer of games and miniatures such as Warheads and the Urban War Second Edition sci-fi skirmish game.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:44:48 AM by pixelgeek »

Offline Roebeast45

• Mad Scientist
    • Roebeast's Magical House of Sunshine
Re: Urban Mammoth announces new marketing and promotions position
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 01:56:48 AM »
Good luck Zac!
"This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure."

-- Winston Churchill

Visit Roebeast's Magical House of Sunshine! http://roebeast.blogspot.com/
And RSquared Studios: www.rsquaredcomics.com

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:07:21 AM »
Thanks

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 09:45:57 AM »
all the best and good luck, Zac!

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 10:12:51 AM »
 Great addition to the team John.All the best witht his Zac and nice to see you back.

Looking forward to the new stuff.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 10:44:20 AM »
Really? Urban War? TBH the game still seems like a 'rave from the grave'. It was some fun when it was released but the game didn't really work and UM had a very lousy release schedule. The news and popularity slowly withered away during the years. So far, in about four years hardly anything has changed.
Heard from a acquaintance here in Holland he is the co-owner of the game/company and he has big plans for it (he even bought the copyrights on movies and games). I was, and still am skeptic...I don't really see a future for Urban War in nowadays tabletop gaming world. But if it works out, good news. Still have loads of VOID 1.1 VASA models and Urban War Viridians :)
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »
Really? Urban War? TBH the game still seems like a 'rave from the grave'. It was some fun when it was released but the game didn't really work and UM had a very lousy release schedule. The news and popularity slowly withered away during the years. So far, in about four years hardly anything has changed.

All very true. Urban War has been around, in one form or another, for more than ten years. FIrst as Void, then Urban War and then Metropolis.

There is a new, streamlined, version of the Urban War rules available (including free Quick Start rules and cards available in multiple languages) on the website. The company is small, as are most manufacturers in the hobby, and has not been focused on Urban War for the past few years but that is changing now and there are going to be new releases for the game as well as an enhanced effort to promote it and expand the game.

I don't really see a future for Urban War in nowadays tabletop gaming world. But if it works out, good news.

I think that there is always a market for a good, tactically interesting skirmish game. I think the biggest issue in the past has been that people don't want to play or start a game that they don't think is supported. That is the first problem that we are going to overcome as well as make people aware of just how fun the game can be and how improved the new rules are.

Offline Harwood Hobbies

• Scientist
    • Harwood Hobbies
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 04:00:52 PM »
Good luck Zac!   :)

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 11:36:48 PM »
I've always been a fan of Urban War, have a ton of the minis, and am looking foward to seeing it get a bit more needed exposure.

Offline A_Train

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 03:29:52 PM »
I just heard of Urban Mammoth today, and was searching here to see what there is out there.  I am not likely to pick it up as a ruleset, but I will probably check out the free rules.   I am more interested in their futuristic/sci fi figures.  The Vasa troops in particular interest me as a Draconian Government force of the future.

I hope it takes off, as there is always room for more miniature games, in my opinion.

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 03:45:17 PM »
Hope it goes well. I think the figure ranges could perhaps do with a total revamp (resculpting basically - although there are some nice models still amongst the ranges) to meet todays expectations of a 'big' sci-fi game.