Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:57:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690851
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for a Budenovka  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
Looking for a Budenovka
« on: February 28, 2012, 10:40:57 AM »
Ok, I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but I am looking to buy a relatively accurate (but not too expensive) Budenovka in the style of the RCW ones... I've found so many on the internet that are all slightly different... so that now I feel a bit overwhelmed. Has anyone of you bought one already? Can you recommend a shop?

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
Re: Looking for a Budenovka
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:03:18 AM »
Alas - this store does not sell abroad ...
 Budyenny helmets - total 10 USD

http://voen-torg.ru/gu-suvenirn.html

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 11:51:56 AM »
Oh, that's a pity. Thank you, cuprum.

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:05:45 PM »
I can order this for you. Of course, given the mailing to me, and then to you - it will be more expensive.
 I think - the result is about 30 USD.
 Contact - if you can not find cheaper.

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 12:15:47 PM »
Thank you, cuprum. I'll let you know.

Offline koz10

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 08:17:16 PM »
Have you tried "Front of Russia"? I got a nice Kornilov hat from them, very reasonably priced. http://www.frontofrussia.com/head.html

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 12:42:19 AM »
Have you tried "Front of Russia"? I got a nice Kornilov hat from them, very reasonably priced. http://www.frontofrussia.com/head.html
They have a lot of cool stuff, but the shipping from Ukraine is a killer (depending where you live I suppose). Time wise he is somewhat slow as well - order six months before you need the hat! But that said he is a good reliable vendor; I bought almost my entire Great Patriotic War kit from him including the shinel  - postage was in the hundreds (maybe $200 US but it was several heavy items).
All The Best
Scott Dallimore
Kent-Essex Gaming Society
http://kent-essexgaming.ca/

Offline koz10

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 07:08:52 AM »
They have a lot of cool stuff, but the shipping from Ukraine is a killer (depending where you live I suppose). Time wise he is somewhat slow as well - order six months before you need the hat! But that said he is a good reliable vendor; I bought almost my entire Great Patriotic War kit from him including the shinel  - postage was in the hundreds (maybe $200 US but it was several heavy items).

Really? I don't recalll my order taking more than a couple weeks and the total cost was rather reasonable. Much better than two Polish hats I got from Poland - the shipping costs and Western Union fees were killer and the hats were too big/not the size I ordered. My Front of Russia experience was very good.

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »
Yes really. Why would I lie about something like that? I wasn't saying his service wasn't good - I said it was slow and expensive which is a fair assessment. I've dealt with him twice and have always gotten more than I ordered from him (he always adds a little something extra to the box). That said he is well known in the reenactment hobby for being "slow". Sending a Moneygram is expensive, and shipping from Ukraine to USA was VERY expensive in my experience, but as I said I ordered an entire WWII Soviet kit including boots and shinel, and it arrived in two large boxes.

Offline Jim French

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 10:47:02 PM »
Major Surplus in the Los Angeles area used to have one for about $20 American.  HAven't seen it lately.  It was a repro, but looked pretty good.