Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:38:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for Villain/Hero Organization Figs  (Read 2690 times)

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Scientist
Looking for Villain/Hero Organization Figs
« on: January 06, 2008, 05:43:49 AM »
My group and I are considering getting into Superfigs.  I've had the rules for some time now, but we just haven't had the time to play or even build up forces.  As we brainstorm our various team ideas, I have considered the nearly total lack of people playing groups like SHIELD, Hydra, AIM, HIVE, VIPER, etc..  So I thought I might try to build such an organization.  The trouble comes in finding the right figs to do it right.

As I recall from my days as a comics buff that these organizations were usually made up of lots of uniformed flunkies equipped with weapons beyond the usual mainstram and supplimented by special teams of agents using special "anti-super" weapons.  These were then further backed up by a host of vehicles and armor suits.  Seeing as no company has really fully fleshed this concept out in their minis lines, I was wondering if the great minds here had any thoughts on what figures could be cobbled together into a cohessive unit to make such an organization hit the table in style.

I have some thoughts for a few components of the force.  For example, I thought that the power armors from the Starship Troopers line of figs looked very, much like the big powersuits found in the  comics.  Come to think of it, the Starship Troopers range might make a good line to base the minis from.

So, any other ideas?
-Eli

"I See Lead People"

Visit I SEE LEAD PEOPLE!

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 06:02:21 AM »
We played several games using Battleground WWII rules that were depicting the Civil War storyline.  I had a couple squads of SHIELD troops.  I used Foundry's SWAT guys from their Street Violence line and just painted them blue and white.  One girl looks just like Sharon Carter aka Cap's woman.  We also used the AIM minis from the Heroclix line with and killer MODOK.  Ended up selling it all off on e-bay though but those are some good leads.

I currently have a small HYDRA force for my Weird War II stuff.  They are all the HYDRA guys from the Avengers set from Heroclix as they are armed with what looks like a M1A1 Thompson.  They also make a great Von Strucker in HYDRA garb as well as HYDRA's androids the Dreadnoughts.

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline bubba242

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 01:49:34 PM »
Hey Kampfgruppe Cottrell,

I agree with the Hooded Claw about using heroclix. There are a plethora of costumed flunkies you can use. The generics range from shield troops, hydra troops, aim flunkies, Hellfire Club guards, WWII soldiers, Cops, Intergang member and general crooks and criminals. Generally are very cheap on ebay and well worth adding to any game.

If you're after metal minis, Superfigs have a nice range of flunkies as well.

Cheers,

Bubba242

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 05:28:39 PM »
Though I will agree that the HeroClix stuff is an excellent source of minis, there are two limitations to the range that keep me from using them -

Scale
    Variety within a particular theme

That being said, I have also discovered that the SST stuff is temporarily unavailable due to a reworking of the game and the line.

Some other lines that might do the job are the Ikore Viridian Marines or the Mark Copplestone Future Warriors.  These both fit a couple of views of the comic book "commando" hi-tech response teams.

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 09:57:13 PM »
You should have a look at the range from Pig Iron as well, some nice high tech guys in their Infantry and Heavy Infantry sets:

http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 02:26:15 AM »
I had forgotten about Pig Iron.  They certainly look the part and there are a lot of options in that line, including the seperate heads and vehicle crewmen.